New for AB10: Masquerade Ticket System

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
yunaofparadise
Dedicated Poster

Post by yunaofparadise »

Thanks for answering my question, and yeah, last year they put a sticker on the back of my badge to show I was in a panel.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

[quote=Kiarrens][quote=suza]Badges for panelists were marked with stickers on the back of them last year by Lou and I believe they will be marked like that for this year as well.
[/quote]
Really? They were? O.o I totally don't remember a sticker on my badge either. :) Does he put them on there when we come to check in, or something?
Sorry to side-track the convo. Just curious.[/quote]
You had to know to ask for them. when you checked in at progops.

I'd also like to know if we're getting these stickers for each thing we qualify for (i'm assuming the AMV editor thing was added this year since we don't have a balcony option in Hall D) I know at lest 5 or 6 of us qualify for both. I have someone i'd like to give my second one to if i'm entitled to two of them and that's allowed.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Eimi
Show-off

Post by Eimi »

Let me talk to some people to find out how thats going to work :)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Eimi]Let me talk to some people to find out how thats going to work :)[/quote]
It would be most appreciated if something like this could be arranged... I've got three "tickets" for the masq for various things I am involved in (AMV, chess, panelist) I won't be able to use (since I am in masq) and it would be very nice if I could give them to my roomates. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Eimi
Show-off

Post by Eimi »

[quote=Kiarrens][quote=Eimi]Let me talk to some people to find out how thats going to work :)[/quote]
It would be most appreciated if something like this could be arranged... I've got three "tickets" for the masq for various things I am involved in (AMV, chess, panelist) I won't be able to use (since I am in masq) and it would be very nice if I could give them to my roomates. :)[/quote]

As far as I'm aware, chess doesn't get tickets, only AMV and panels. Still working on this though :) I'm less worried about putting your friends in for the AMV seats, since I know there's 30 of those, I'm just figuring out the panels part since I don't know how many panelists there are.

Edit: was just told that chess is getting seats this year :) The chess seat should be okay to fill too since that's a given number. Either way can you guys show up like 35 minutes before hand and hunt me down (its fairly easy to tell who i am) I'll help you guys out. But I can only promise the AMV and Chess seats at this point.
Aarana
AB Alumni

Post by Aarana »

You know when they should be given out? When people pick up their badges. Kill birds with two stones!!

"Will you be attending the Masq? Great! Here's your ticket!"

;)
Kelly Duffy
Large Event Coordinator 2020
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Post by MerchMaven »

[quote=Aarana]You know when they should be given out? When people pick up their badges. Kill birds with two stones!!

;)[/quote]

You don't think that Registration has enough to handle? Plus, many people would say yes, not really understanding or actually intending to attend. By putting the tickets elsewhere, it forces people to make a conscious decision to seek out their ticket.
Kerry Walker
Anime Boston Merch Manager, 2006-2019
Anime Boston Security, 2004-2006
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Plus be NOT having them handed out at Reg, you don't confuse the people who might only be coming for the Friday by asking them about something that happens on the Saturday.

Idea: you know how the prize for the winners of the Dating Games is a 'date' to the Masquerade? The hosts of the games could make big deal of giving the winning couples their tickets.
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

[quote=Aarana]You know when they should be given out? When people pick up their badges. Kill birds with two stones!!

[/quote]

We discussed handing them out at Registration but we wanted to give people coming in on Saturday One Day Passes a fair chance at getting tickets to the Masquerade. We knew that if we handed them out in Registration, they tickets would be gone by Friday night. We also didn't want to slow down the Registration process.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2025
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Daquri
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Daquri »

[color:green]It's an excellent idea. No more 4 hour clogged halls on Saturday afternoon! Huzzah! Though...sad will be those who love to start meme-line games. lol.[/color]
Clark
Experienced Poster

Post by Clark »

Phantom 1, what do you mean about tickets for the blood drive? I'm running it and there aren't any, or any plans for any, that I know of. What up?
Faceman
AB Staff

Post by Faceman »

I think they meant more along the lines that there was a request that people make appointments to donate for the blood drive.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
luvnatsu
I'm new!

Post by luvnatsu »

Can I pick up ticket for my friends or only one person per ticket will be issued on Sat morning?
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

One ticket per person. You don't have to pick them up at the same time as they are not for a particular Row/Seat number. Your friend can pick one up separately.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2025
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

[quote=Eimi][quote=Kiarrens][quote=Eimi]Let me talk to some people to find out how thats going to work :)[/quote]
It would be most appreciated if something like this could be arranged... I've got three "tickets" for the masq for various things I am involved in (AMV, chess, panelist) I won't be able to use (since I am in masq) and it would be very nice if I could give them to my roomates. :)[/quote]
As far as I'm aware, chess doesn't get tickets, only AMV and panels. Still working on this though :) I'm less worried about putting your friends in for the AMV seats, since I know there's 30 of those, I'm just figuring out the panels part since I don't know how many panelists there are.

Edit: was just told that chess is getting seats this year :) The chess seat should be okay to fill too since that's a given number. Either way can you guys show up like 35 minutes before hand and hunt me down (its fairly easy to tell who i am) I'll help you guys out. But I can only promise the AMV and Chess seats at this point.
[/quote]
Would it be possible to just get the stickers or whatnot from you some time on Friday or Saturday morning like we do with Panels just in case something happens, this whole thing gets lost in communication, and we have people who's names and badge names you don't know that don't even have regular tickets because they didn't think they needed them?
(if you can follow that rambling sentence, you are awesome)
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Eimi
Show-off

Post by Eimi »

[quote=BasharOfTheAges]
Would it be possible to just get the stickers or whatnot from you some time on Friday or Saturday morning like we do with Panels just in case something happens, this whole thing gets lost in communication, and we have people who's names and badge names you don't know that don't even have regular tickets because they didn't think they needed them?
(if you can follow that rambling sentence, you are awesome)[/quote]

Unfortunately, can't get stickers less than a day out (I move on site tomorrow) but! I'll be there during the masq, I'm one of the camera ops and stuff. So yeah, just find me, I should be somewhere in the area, or talk to Robert or Scott, since atleast one of them will also be in main events and I'll make sure they know whats going on.
Clark
Experienced Poster

Post by Clark »

Thanks, Faceman, but that's exactly the opposite intention and effect. If donors make advance appointments, and we schedule walk-ins for the next available appointment, instead of making them wait, there won'r be any lines or waiting for the blood drive, yet we'll still keep the ARC busy and give as many donors the chance to give the gift of life his weekend as possible. Win-win-win!
Faceman
AB Staff

Post by Faceman »

Oh yeah. I'm all for that. I'm just saying what I thought they were referring to.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!