Welcome to our next round of Panelist Guests!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Xeliam
AB Staff

Welcome to our next round of Panelist Guests!

Post by Xeliam »

Helen M..jpg
Helen M..jpg (681.08 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
Helen McCarthy was first introduced to anime and manga in 1981. Since there was little awareness of Japanese pop culture in Britain at the time, it took her over a decade to find a publisher for her introductory guide, “Anime! A Beginner’s Guide to Japanese Animation.” In 1991, Helen co-founded the U.K.’s first anime magazine, Anime UK. She is a co-author of the preeminent research guide, “The Anime Encyclopedia,” and has edited Manga Mania magazine, written hundreds of articles and dozens of books, and has contributed to numerous academic works. Helen’s latest research interest is the history of British anime and manga fanzines. She’s also working on a new book project that may just be the most challenging–and most disastrous–thing she’s ever done. Come to one of her presentations to hear about it.
Neil F..jpg
Neil F..jpg (527.02 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
Neil Nadelman is a longtime professional translator who got into the business by sending in copies of his fansubs to Central Park Media back when dinosaurs roamed Earth and fansubs were mainly distributed as cave paintings recorded on VHS tapes. He went on to work for nearly everyone in the United States anime business, including AnimEigo, Pioneer (Geneon Entertainment), Manga Video, Right Stuf Inc., and Sentai Filmworks. Among his favorite projects were “The Irresponsible Captain Tylor,” the original release of “Slayers” from Software Sculptors, “Armored Trooper VOTOMS,” a whole lot of the Gundam series for Bandai Namco Entertainment, and the massive project of getting “Legend of the Galactic Heroes” translated for Sentai Filmworks. He now mainly spends his time showing clips of hilariously corny anime to anyone he can lock in a video room with him.
Mike Cutipa
Social Media Team
2020-2023
Kanechan
Expert Poster

Re: Welcome to our next round of Panelist Guests!

Post by Kanechan »

I am honestly amazed to see Neil Nadelman is coming to the con. This guy is a legend in the biz; I have many of the works he did translations for, too many to count. I would be honored to meet him if I could.
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.