Rights to Music

Looking for people for your skit? Or are you looking for feedback for a skit idea? Other questions regarding skits? Feel free to past anything related to Masquerade skits in here!
CoyCoyCoy
Getting the hang of this...

Rights to Music

Post by CoyCoyCoy »

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else! I'm interested in doing a skit that's a Death Note parody of Gay or European (Gay or Simply Kira). My group will be doing our own voice acting of the parody song to lip-sync to, but we'd like to use the backing track from the musical. I saw lots of groups using music that must be copyrighted in the skits, but I'm not sure how you get licenses to this stuff - or if Anime Boston takes care of that with a blanket license or the like? Could anyone advise me on this?

Thanks for your time!
BlazeNova
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Rights to Music

Post by BlazeNova »

If you want to use the backing track, it is very important first to see if Anime Boston has a general license that lets performances like this. But often, you will have to get permission on your own. Contact event organizers for explanation. If not included, maybe need to locate rights holder of musical and ask for license.