Saturday Screening Time

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
dokool
Feeds off your tears

Saturday Screening Time

Post by dokool »

[quote=Elder_God]That is the best I can do.[/quote]

As always I'm incredibly appreciative of your efforts to help us out, as I'm sure everyone else is. 9AM isn't perfect but it's a large step up from 8AM and this is the best thing, given the circumstances, that could have been done for the contest. Thank you.

That said, it should be pretty obvious by this point that none of the staff with a connection to this matter are blameless, and yet nobody seems willing to publicly recognize this fact. I hope that after the con, staff will examine this incident for what it is (at the very least a major lapse in judgment) and figure out how to keep it from happening again next year, across all programming tracks.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Saturday Screening Time

Post by basharoftheages »

Well, It certainly is an improvement. People will surely still miss it, but a lot more people will be able to make it in. Go Adam!
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
DriftRoot
Veteran Poster

Saturday Screening Time

Post by DriftRoot »

Thanks Adam, this really does seem like the best solution given the maze of problems facing the Saturday screening. :thumbup:
Comedy AMV & Best Concept Winner 2008: 'Bustin
Comedy AMV 2009: Takeout
Best Other AMV Winner 2012: The Kingdom of L.F.S.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Saturday Screening Time

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Elder_God]Good Morning All,

Here is the final resolution:

After timing the contest it clocks in at one hour and forty-eight minutes (1:48).

I consulted with Mike, and the contest will be moved from it's 8:00am start time to a 9:00am start time in Main Events.

It will be a stripped down version from what is shown on Friday, I will be cutting out the staff non-compete videos as Well as the World Premiere of Monty's newest film.

That is the best I can do.

[/quote]
Thank you Adam..... we appreciate all your hard work. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
redneckotaku

Saturday Screening Time

Post by redneckotaku »

As an AMV fan, I will be attending the Saturday morning AMV contest either way. There are early birds on Saturday morning. At cons, I am usually up by 7 AM. I can't sleep in Hotel Rooms for some reason.
MeliChan
Expert Poster

Saturday Screening Time

Post by MeliChan »

[quote=Elder_God]I consulted with Mike, and the contest will be moved from it's 8:00am start time to a 9:00am start time in Main Events.[/quote]
Thank you, Adam! We all appreciate it. :) I'm sure a lot more people will be able to show up now.
My Anime Boston AMVs

2012: Editor's Choice Winner: Evil Island
2010 Best Other AMV Winner: A Walk To Remember
2009 Romance Finalist: Through Thick And Thin
2008 Romance Finalist: My Only Love
2007 Action Finalist: Forsaken

2013 Cosplay
Kotani Nobuko from Nobuta wo Produce
Aidan2
AB Executive

Saturday Screening Time

Post by Aidan2 »

[quote=dokool]
That said, it should be pretty obvious by this point that none of the staff with a connection to this matter are blameless, and yet nobody seems willing to publicly recognize this fact. I hope that after the con, staff will examine this incident for what it is (at the very least a major lapse in judgment) and figure out how to keep it from happening again next year, across all programming tracks.[/quote]

I'm sorry but I cannot apologize for working to the best of my ability, with the all information I have at had, as well as working with all members of our committee and keeping them informed and getting their opinions, otherwise we can only work with those who wish to help.

If you wish to be apart of that committee please join us. However I have said that all scheduling in Main Events is done by myself personally. And I refuse to apologize for working to the best of my ability. If you wish to discuss this at con please feel free to goto room 200 (tech ops) and have my crew there get a hold of me. But I will no longer discuss this in a public forum.

Was it a problem? yes, and once we found a decent resolution that best suited the convention as a whole we did act.

question has been addressed and resolved. *locked*
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations