AB 2008 Drama Finalists

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
Elder_God
AB Alumni

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by Elder_God »

Have been notified.

Congratulations and thank yous to everyone who submitted and good luck to all the finalists.
Adam Ferraro
Anime Boston 2012 Music Video Contest Coordinator
Robin291
Veteran Poster

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by Robin291 »

oh well wasn't expecting to get in anyway, it was all my friends who preasured me to enter. ^^ Good luck to the finalist and i'll be at the overflow to hear the audiance reaction.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Robin291]oh well wasn't expecting to get in anyway, it was all my friends who preasured me to enter. ^^ Good luck to the finalist and i'll be at the overflow to hear the audiance reaction. [/quote]
Don't worry my drama didn't make it either, competition must be FIERCE this year.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Robin291
Veteran Poster

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by Robin291 »

oh wow, that makes me feel alot better cause i respect you as a awsome editor. now i'm REALLY looking foward to seeing the finalist^^!
ElitePirateUpsilon
Getting the hang of this...

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by ElitePirateUpsilon »

Didn't get chosen... oh well, I'll just have to try harder next year.

Good luck to everyone who was chosen! I can't wait to see the finalists, they must be amazing! ^_^
ReiSnatcher
Getting the hang of this...

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by ReiSnatcher »

Bummer, I didn't get an email. Oh well, better luck next year.

There must be some really good ones for Drama this year. I can't wait to see them.
TheGreatFox2000
Experienced Poster

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by TheGreatFox2000 »

Made finals. :) First year of submitting too, so I'm pretty stoked. I haven't posted on the .org, I'll probably do it after the con. Can't wait now lol.
Sayoria
AB Staff

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by Sayoria »

Well, I failed, haha. Well, atleast my friend got one of her videos in, so it is a team victory. She is in a different category though, so I still wish her luck. :)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=TheGreatFox2000]Made finals. :) First year of submitting too, so I'm pretty stoked. I haven't posted on the .org, I'll probably do it after the con. Can't wait now lol.[/quote]
Congratulations!!!
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Shiva
Expert Poster

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by Shiva »

Aww, looks like its not me this year.

Congrats to all the finalists - I will be out the country (leaving in a few hours actually) so I'll miss seeing the contest, but I hope to find all your vids on the ORG when I get home! Good luck, everyone! :)
TheGreatFox2000
Experienced Poster

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by TheGreatFox2000 »

On that note, when are the official screenings for the audience voting (or do they not get announced until the con)? Gotta let my friends know to show up and vote for me after all. :)
dokool
Feeds off your tears

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by dokool »

[quote=TheGreatFox2000]On that note, when are the official screenings for the audience voting (or do they not get announced until the con)? Gotta let my friends know to show up and vote for me after all. :)[/quote]

Last year they started at 9PM on Friday and 10AM on Saturday - I see no reason that it wouldn't be the same this year. I wish they'd start the Saturday screening at 11, but with there being a musical performance this year that will actually put Main Events to use in the afternoon, I don't think that's gonna fly.
Aidan2
AB Executive

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by Aidan2 »

Aprox 9pm on Friday (after anime unscripted really, and we will not be clearing the room in between, so go watch PatD. be funny)

Saturday however is going to start at 8 AM on the button. This is to leave enough room for a sound check for the pillows immediately following( and no you cannot stay and watch, go outside and wait in line ) Yes it is not optimum, but its what i got, so if you want it to be in main events, you have to roll with everything else that is happening (you have a prime time slot Friday, i cannot give up two.)
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by basharoftheages »

Well, you certainly won't have a problem clearing Main events quickly afterwards then. There won't be too many people to usher out. :laugh:
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
PatrickD
AB Staff

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Aidan2]Aprox 9pm on Friday (after anime unscripted really, and we will not be clearing the room in between, so go watch PatD. be funny)[/quote]
Yes. Come for Anime Unscripted, stay for the AMVs.

If you come in during Anime Unscripted, we reserve the right to make fun of you. Anime Unscripted starts at 7pm (assuming the guests don't get lost).
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
Aidan2
AB Executive

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by Aidan2 »

[quote=PatrickD]If you come in during Anime Unscripted, we reserve the right to make fun of you. Anime Unscripted starts at 7pm (assuming the guests don't get lost).[/quote]

Or take a nap. grumbles
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
DriftRoot
Veteran Poster

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by DriftRoot »

[quote=Aidan2]
Saturday however is going to start at 8 AM on the button. This is to leave enough room for a sound check for the pillows immediately following( and no you cannot stay and watch, go outside and wait in line ) Yes it is not optimum, but its what i got, so if you want it to be in main events, you have to roll with everything else that is happening (you have a prime time slot Friday, i cannot give up two.)[/quote]

Whoa whoa WHOA, the AMV competition on Saturday is going to START at 8 a.m.?? Aren't people going to be trickling in through the whole thing because they'll be trying to get themselves registered and then race upstairs to main events??? Yikes... :o that's going to be one zombie crowd in there.
Comedy AMV & Best Concept Winner 2008: 'Bustin
Comedy AMV 2009: Takeout
Best Other AMV Winner 2012: The Kingdom of L.F.S.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by basharoftheages »

[quote=DriftRoot][quote=Aidan2]
Saturday however is going to start at 8 AM on the button. This is to leave enough room for a sound check for the pillows immediately following( and no you cannot stay and watch, go outside and wait in line ) Yes it is not optimum, but its what i got, so if you want it to be in main events, you have to roll with everything else that is happening (you have a prime time slot Friday, i cannot give up two.)[/quote]

Whoa whoa WHOA, the AMV competition on Saturday is going to START at 8 a.m.?? Aren't people going to be trickling in through the whole thing because they'll be trying to get themselves registered and then race upstairs to main events??? Yikes... :o that's going to be one zombie crowd in there.[/quote]
They'll most likely decide to just wait in line for the Pillows instead of watching the contest when they do get there since they're, more likely than not, missing half of it anyways.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
dokool
Feeds off your tears

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by dokool »

Yeah, seriously, that blows, I'd rather take over two of the larger video rooms at 10AM than have an 8AM screening. Pretty sure the audience wouldn't mind either.

Forget pencils, maybe we could get AB to send some money on coffee to get people to wake up.
DriftRoot
Veteran Poster

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by DriftRoot »

[quote=dokool]Yeah, seriously, that blows, I'd rather take over two of the larger video rooms at 10AM than have an 8AM screening. Pretty sure the audience wouldn't mind either.

Forget pencils, maybe we could get AB to send some money on coffee to get people to wake up.[/quote]

Two or three of the larger rooms, even. I was at a conference at the Hynes last year where they opened up three rooms side by side, I think they got about 3,000 people in there, had three big video screens set up - it was fine. @_@

Well, looks like I'm not going to the Saturday competition. No way I can drag myself out of bed to get there in time. I need at least 6 hours of sleep Friday night to be able to survive getting only 4 or 5 hours of sleep on Saturday night.
dokool
Feeds off your tears

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by dokool »

[quote=DriftRoot][quote=dokool]Yeah, seriously, that blows, I'd rather take over two of the larger video rooms at 10AM than have an 8AM screening. Pretty sure the audience wouldn't mind either.

Forget pencils, maybe we could get AB to send some money on coffee to get people to wake up.[/quote]

Two or three of the larger rooms, even. I was at a conference at the Hynes last year where they opened up three rooms side by side, I think they got about 3,000 people in there, had three big video screens set up - it was fine. @_@[/quote]

The only thing keeping AB from doing this is, as far as I know, that they'd need the switching equipment to show video on three screens at once on the floor w/ the video rooms, and I don't know if they have that on hand. Maybe they could burn three copies and play simultaneously? Plus there is the question of whether or not they would wipe out screening schedules in 2-3 rooms, but I don't even know what the popularity of the screening rooms is that early on a Saturday morning.

In any case I can't imagine what whoever thought an 8AM screening time it a good idea was thinking. The point of holding screenings of anything is to get the audience to see it, and 8AM for a popular event for the sake of holding it in Main Events is counterintuitive to most logic I can think of. If Main Events is half full by the end of the Saturday morning screening it'll be a miracle.
DriftRoot
Veteran Poster

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by DriftRoot »

I know the logistics could be a problem, but are they THAT much of a problem that the competition had to be moved to 8 a.m.?

What gets me is that if you absolutely had to reschedule one of the screenings, why would you reschedule the one that is usually THE first big, huge event on Saturday that people plan on going to and is better attended than the other screening? Seems to me the Friday screening should have gotten the poor treatment, not the Saturday.

I sincerely hope very prominent announcement is made about this 8 a.m. situation SOON - a lot of people who register on Saturday are going to assume the screening is at the same time it always is. They're going to be quite upset when they find out that the only folks who could possibly attend it are those who got their badges/registration over with on Friday. This switch has already totally screwed up some of my friends' plans for the entire weekend - imagine what would have happened if they'd only learned of it when they got to AB?! OMG...
dokool
Feeds off your tears

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by dokool »

[quote=DriftRoot]I sincerely hope very prominent announcement is made about this 8 a.m. situation SOON - a lot of people who register on Saturday are going to assume the screening is at the same time it always is. They're going to be quite upset when they find out that the only folks who could possibly attend it are those who got their badges/registration over with on Friday. This switch has already totally screwed up some of my friends' plans for the entire weekend - imagine what would have happened if they'd only learned of it when they got to AB?! OMG...[/quote]

AB staff enjoys being secretive about its schedule at the expense of, well, everyone else :p

Maybe we're lucky and someone saw "8AM" and thought "wait, this is incredibly stupid. Why are we doing this?" and is currently working out a solution to hold the screening at 10AM. And maybe pigs will start flying.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=dokool][quote=DriftRoot]I sincerely hope very prominent announcement is made about this 8 a.m. situation SOON - a lot of people who register on Saturday are going to assume the screening is at the same time it always is. They're going to be quite upset when they find out that the only folks who could possibly attend it are those who got their badges/registration over with on Friday. This switch has already totally screwed up some of my friends' plans for the entire weekend - imagine what would have happened if they'd only learned of it when they got to AB?! OMG...[/quote]

AB staff enjoys being secretive about its schedule at the expense of, well, everyone else :p

Maybe we're lucky and someone saw "8AM" and thought "wait, this is incredibly stupid. Why are we doing this?" and is currently working out a solution to hold the screening at 10AM. And maybe pigs will start flying.[/quote]
Am I the only one happy that it's at 8 so I can actually go? :D
Curse my prior commitments....
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

dokool
Feeds off your tears

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by dokool »

[quote=Kiarrens]Am I the only one happy that it's at 8 so I can actually go? :D
Curse my prior commitments....[/quote]

Hey, you signed on for Cosplot, you have to shut up and bear your cross with as much dignity as a short little bean can :p
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=dokool][quote=Kiarrens]Am I the only one happy that it's at 8 so I can actually go? :D
Curse my prior commitments....[/quote]

Hey, you signed on for Cosplot, you have to shut up and bear your cross with as much dignity as a short little bean can :p [/quote]
You'd better hope Al brings his referee shirt again, because you're a dead man.
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

dokool
Feeds off your tears

AB 2008 Drama Finalists

Post by dokool »

[quote=Kiarrens]You'd better hope Al brings his referee shirt again, because you're a dead man.[/quote]

You aren't allowed to kill me before the audience does, that's not sporting :p