Last Year's winners: Advice...please!

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
narutoenl1
Getting the hang of this...

Post by narutoenl1 »

[color:blue]Okay. If anybody who won last year can give me any advice at all, that would be soooo helpful! I don't know how to make AMVs...call me stupid, but my stupidity is beyond the point. Hey! Did anyone see last year's winning entry in romance? All Along I believe it was? It is amazing! Kudos to the person who composed that work of artwork and genius! *Grinns nerdily*[/color]
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=narutoenl1][color:blue]Okay. If anybody who won last year can give me any advice at all, that would be soooo helpful! I don't know how to make AMVs...call me stupid, but my stupidity is beyond the point. Hey! Did anyone see last year's winning entry in romance? All Along I believe it was? It is amazing! Kudos to the person who composed that work of artwork and genius! *Grinns nerdily*[/color][/quote]
Hello! ^^ AMV101 panelist and editor here.
("All Along" was made by ForeverZeroo. :))
Of course, your starting point is a concept. An anime and music that you feel go together well. From there, you capture your footage (I would recommend ripping from DVDs since that is how you get your best quality footage) and import it into your chosen editing system - windows movie maker, adobe premiere, vegas, etc.
What are you working with as far as hardware/software? Do you have a DVD-ROM? A video editing system?

My biggest advice for you would be to attend the AMV101: Dos, Don'ts and Demonstrations panel we run every year at the convention. It will be on Friday, sometime in the afternoon. There you will get all the info you need on how to get started, and you can ask us any questions you still have after the panel!
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."