New AMV help please

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
saffieb
Veteran Poster

New AMV help please

Post by saffieb »

Hi all! I’m sure this thread isn’t going to be too active since the AMV deadline has passed, but I have an idea for a new video and I’m having issues. The clips I used for my 2022 entry have been on my computer for a long time so I haven’t had to use the software in a while and I’m a bit rusty 😅

I loaded some new clips from another anime, and they came in as VOB files. I tried to use VirtualDub, but they won’t load. I then tried to change them to .d2v using DGIndex, but they either come out as .bad, or if I don’t fix them and try to put them in VirtualDub, they still can’t be read. What am I doing wrong?

I’d be more than happy to elaborate if need be. Thanks!
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Re: New AMV help please

Post by basharoftheages »

Your footage processing preparation steps are based on 20+ year old ways of doing things that nobody does anymore, even us old folks. The process got much simpler a decade ago: https://www.amv101.com/guides/preparing-source
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
saffieb
Veteran Poster

Post by saffieb »

Thank you so much. I was hoping you’d help me out. I admire you and hamstar138 so much. You guys actually got me into making AMVs 😁 I’m going to check out that link asap.
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
Dragonrider1227
Expert Poster

Post by Dragonrider1227 »

basharoftheages wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:38 pm Your footage processing preparation steps are based on 20+ year old ways of doing things that nobody does anymore, even us old folks. The process got much simpler a decade ago: https://www.amv101.com/guides/preparing-source
Thanks! I will keep this in mind
Drama Finalist 2015 A Boy In Funny Red Boots
Fun/Comedy Finalist 2019 The Hero We Need