Anime Boston 2023 One Week Left! [deadline 2/25]

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Anime Boston 2023 One Week Left! [deadline 2/25]

Post by LantisEscudo »

Hi, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that the Anime Boston 2023 AMV Contest is open for submissions!

You can find the full rules here, and our FAQ here. There are no major changes in the content or technical rules, but there has been one change in the awards. The Editors' Choice award has been retired, and a new Made in New England award has been added.

Important points:
Deadline: February 25, 2023, at 11:59PM Eastern
Freshness: Videos may have premiered no earlier than April 7, 2022
Number Limit: Maximum two videos per editor, only one per category

I know I say this every year, but it's still true; I'm always blown away by the creativity in the videos that get submitted, and I can't wait to see what people come up with this year.

Good luck to everyone that submits!
Last edited by LantisEscudo on Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: Anime Boston 2023 Open for Submissions! [deadline 2/25]

Post by Sayoria »

That year flew by. Good luck everyone!
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Breeman
Expert Poster

Post by Breeman »

It's been years since I entered this competition (last entered in 2015 and 2017, didn't make finals either year). I have one AMV nearly finished that I plan to enter and might have a second one (in another category) ready before the deadline. Wish me luck! :D
AMV Finalists:
2011 - Dogs of War Drama
2010 - Older Guy Other
2010 - Celestial Scars Action
2009 - Soul of a Lotus Eater Action
2008 - Breadline Action
alphasigma
I'm new!

Post by alphasigma »

Is there a separate form for Hentai AMVs? The one in the rules linked is the one for AMVs.

If it's the same form to use for Hentai AMVs, then there are multiple problems...
- Real first name and last name, mailing address, etc. -- HMV creators already had to flee numerous sites that forced IRL verification for hentai AMVs.
- Age Confirmation checkbox is for 13 years of age or older, not 18
- Phone Number

This is very discouraging to anyone making HMVs who wants to respect their privacy. Otherwise, they'd just upload to spankbang or HMV Mania.
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Post by LantisEscudo »

alphasigma wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:19 am Is there a separate form for Hentai AMVs? The one in the rules linked is the one for AMVs.

If it's the same form to use for Hentai AMVs, then there are multiple problems...
- Real first name and last name, mailing address, etc. -- HMV creators already had to flee numerous sites that forced IRL verification for hentai AMVs.
- Age Confirmation checkbox is for 13 years of age or older, not 18
- Phone Number

This is very discouraging to anyone making HMVs who wants to respect their privacy. Otherwise, they'd just upload to spankbang or HMV Mania.
I'm incredibly sorry for the delay in responding to this, I completely missed seeing it get posted.

We ask for contact information as an alternate means of communication if email fails. The only time it has ever been used is for shipping awards to editors who do not attend the convention, and has never been shared to any person or organization otherwise.

The over-13 checkbox is for COPPA compliance, not age verification. As the rules state, by submitting to the Hentai AMV Contest, the editor is attesting to being over 18.

Hopefully that alleviates some of your concerns, and you can post here or send me a private message at any time if you'd like to ask any more questions.
Mike Montanye
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Re: Anime Boston 2023 Two Weeks Left! [deadline 2/25]

Post by LantisEscudo »

Hello, everyone!

Just a quick reminder, there's only two weeks left to submit to the Anime Boston 2023 AMV Contest. The submission deadline for entries is February 25th at 11:59PM Eastern Time, so please get your entries in as soon as possible!

We're particularly short in the Other and Trailer/Commercial categories right now, so entries to those categories would be most appreciated.

Thank you to everyone who's submitted so far, and good luck to everyone who enters.
Mike Montanye
Breeman
Expert Poster

Post by Breeman »

Just got my two entries in. One in Action, and one in Upbeat. I'm happy with how they came out, but they're both AMVs I started years ago that I finally got around to finishing (and I have many more new AMV ideas I plan to get done over the next year). Still, it would be nice to be in the finals again, it's been far too long.

Good luck to everyone else!
AMV Finalists:
2011 - Dogs of War Drama
2010 - Older Guy Other
2010 - Celestial Scars Action
2009 - Soul of a Lotus Eater Action
2008 - Breadline Action
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Post by LantisEscudo »

Hello, everyone!

Just a reminder, there's only one week left to submit to the Anime Boston 2023 AMV Contest. The deadline is February 25th at 11:59PM Eastern time, so please get your entries in as soon as possible!

Thanks again to everyone who's submitted so far - there's some really great entries already, and I can't wait to see what comes in this final week!
Mike Montanye