An Update on the AB2020 AMV Contest

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

An Update on the AB2020 AMV Contest

Post by LantisEscudo »

As you may already be aware, due to the worldwide situation with the COVID-19 coronavirus, Anime Boston 2020 has been cancelled.

This is heartbreaking to all of us that help organize the convention, but I wanted to let you know what our plan is for all of the excellent Anime Music Videos that were submitted for the 2020 AMV Contest.

I’m happy to announce that there will be a showing of the complete Anime Boston 2020 AMV Contest at Anime Boston 2021, which will be held April 2-4, 2021.

The 2020 Contest showing will be in addition to the 2021 AMV Contest, which will run as normally scheduled.

Most of the details of the 2020 Contest showing are still being worked out, but we have more than a year to make it the best showing possible. I can share for certain that most, if not all, of the awards planned for this year will be given out at the showing.

We also plan to show as many entries that were scheduled to be shown in the 2020 Overflow Showing at the 2021 Overflow Showing as possible. This will depend on the number of entries we receive for the 2021 Contest, but as always, editors in attendance at the 2021 convention can speak to anyone at the tech desk to have their 2020 or 2021 entries moved up the queue so they can see their work on the big screen.

We anticipate opening entries for the 2021 Contest in December, and I hope all of you will enter again.

Finally, I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone that submitted their entries to the 2020 Contest. Your work has made an amazing contest to show, and the show WILL go on.
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects