Cosplay After Dark Dating Game 2023

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
EmberBoulanger
AB Staff

Cosplay After Dark Dating Game 2023

Post by EmberBoulanger »

Hello!

As January 1st rolls around, you all should certainly know, exactly what time it is ;)

Dating games makes its yearly way around, and now, it is time for me to do my job and give a cute little explanation of what exactly a dating game is.

Now, what is after dark dating game?
Just as the title implies, now I'm sorry to say, this is indeed an 18+ event, meaning, if you're under the age of 18, no entry.
Moving on to, the game
As a reminder, this is for fun, you do not actually have to date your winner.
To be brief, you have an asker(bachelor/bachelorette) who will blindly be matched with 3 Answerers.The Asker will be given a limited amount of time to well.. ask questions. The answerers will answer in a way they think will romance the pants off of the asker.

Pretty simple right? Keeping up? Amazing.

Now here's where you come in, my lovely reader.
I need applicants. Meaning you. I need you to apply.

Applications will be opening on January 1st, 2023 and closing on March 1st, 2023.
Information on how to apply; https://www.animeboston.com/cosplay/cosplay_games

Things I need with applications to keep in mind:

●When applicants close, I need a picture of *you* in completed cosplay. No other cosplays, fan art or pictures of the cosplay personless from a website.
●If you have more than one cosplay, don't be afraid to submit multiple characters!
●NEAS costume guidelines - https://animeboston.com/cosplay/#5

Now, I expect a full roster of lonely hearts and missed connections! See you in 2023!!!
Cosplay Events Secondary Assistant Manager 2024
Programming coordinator(After Dark Dating Game) 2023-2024
Cosgames general staff 2022

Ember Boulanger(They/He/SheAll)
BumbleBee
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Cosplay After Dark Dating Game 2023

Post by BumbleBee »

RizHutton wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:36 am Hello!

As January 1st rolls around, you all should certainly know, exactly what time it is ;)

Dating games makes its yearly way around, and now, it is time for me to do my job and give a cute little explanation of what exactly a dating game is.

Just as the title implies, now I'm sorry to say, this is indeed an 18+ event, meaning, if you're under the age of 18, no entry.
Moving on to, the game
To be brief, you have an asker(bachelor/bachelorette) who will blindly be matched with 3 Answerers.The Asker will be given a limited amount of time to well.. ask questions. The answerers will answer in a way they think will romance the pants off of the asker.

Applications will be opening on January 1st, 2023 and closing on March 1st, 2023.

●When applicants close, I need a picture of *you* in completed cosplay. No other cosplays, fan art or pictures of the cosplay personless from a website.
●If you have more than one cosplay, don't be afraid to submit multiple characters!

Now, I expect a full roster of lonely hearts and missed connections! See you in 2023!!!
I'm not sure; I'm bothered that people would encourage "after dark" cosplay. To me, cosplay was something people did to show their love and support for their favorite anime/tvshow/movie/videogame. This particular presentation has the impression of being cheapened or appealing to the lowest common denominator. This is strange to me. I don't mean to imply that people shouldn't cosplay because a character wears revealing clothing. I believe it is a matter of intent.
BreadCosplay
Expert Poster

Post by BreadCosplay »

BumbleBee wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:32 pm
I'm not sure; I'm bothered that people would encourage "after dark" cosplay. To me, cosplay was something people did to show their love and support for their favorite anime/tvshow/movie/videogame. This particular presentation has the impression of being cheapened or appealing to the lowest common denominator. This is strange to me. I don't mean to imply that people shouldn't cosplay because a character wears revealing clothing. I believe it is a matter of intent.
This is kind of a strange response. The events still showing love and support for their favorite media or characters, it's fun. It's comedic. It's a different flavor of cosplaying and acting. The 18+ just implies you can get away with riskier jokes and comments. If you're uncomfortable with 18+ content you don't have to engage with it.
>>>our carrd/socials<<<

MAJIMA'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Goro Majima (Yakuza Kiwami)
BREAD'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Sakura Minamoto (Zombieland SAGA)
EmberBoulanger
AB Staff

Post by EmberBoulanger »

BumbleBee wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:32 pm
RizHutton wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:36 am Hello!

Moving on to, the game

Hello!
The user 'compressedbread' explained it very well, allow me to explain as well!
But I'm happy to explain,
This event is classified as "after dark" due to the humor and target audience/over 18. In no way is this meant to be implied as anything more than just a more adult humored event! And certainly, as the coordinator, I'd love for my participants to stayed clothed, haha!
18+ implies we don't censor cursing or have a bit more crass humor!
Thanks for reaching out with your concerns!
Please don't hesitate to reach out with anymore questions!
Cosplay Events Secondary Assistant Manager 2024
Programming coordinator(After Dark Dating Game) 2023-2024
Cosgames general staff 2022

Ember Boulanger(They/He/SheAll)
Regnum
I'm new!

Post by Regnum »

i agree with compressedbread 100%. it’s also kind of strange to imply that “after dark” cosplays are somehow lesser than other cosplays because of their revealing nature. the event itself is 18+ because of the humour therein, not because of any particularly revealing cosplays. if you look at the guidelines for appropriate cosplays they’re the same as they are for basically any other time at the convention.

loud shrugging noise

i think getting feathers ruffled about this is kinda wack
"What would you do to save the world?" she asked.
Johnson said, "Anything."
Bennigata
Expert Poster

Post by Bennigata »

Regnum wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:36 am i agree with compressedbread 100%. it’s also kind of strange to imply that “after dark” cosplays are somehow lesser than other cosplays because of their revealing nature. the event itself is 18+ because of the humour therein, not because of any particularly revealing cosplays. if you look at the guidelines for appropriate cosplays they’re the same as they are for basically any other time at the convention.

loud shrugging noise

i think getting feathers ruffled about this is kinda wack
:o I get it, they're cosplaying as a Puritan!
ksmurf
AB Executive

Post by ksmurf »

Anime Boston welcomes all cosplay, including original designs and interpretations of established characters, from wide variety of fandoms, provided that the cosplays comply with our convention policies, especially our policies on props, prohibited items and cosplay in general.

We understand that 18+ / mature content may not be for everyone, so all mature programming at Anime Boston is marked as such in the schedule and digital guide book so that attendees can best engage with the content they wish to see.

That said, we ask that all attendees keep discourse civil while discussing differences of opinion on the forums.
Alison Bird
Director of Programming 2024