Cosplay Lip Sync Battle 2023

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Amaren
AB Staff

Cosplay Lip Sync Battle 2023

Post by Amaren »

Happy New year to everyone reading this post!

This is your obligatory 1 year post about a very special event near and dear to my heart; Lip Sync Battle. Since 2017, participants have been rocking the stage with their glorious dance moves and lip sync abilities. It warms me to see this event coming back for yet another year. Hopefully with less egg and more power! (Cooking Mama and Gautama were amazing!)

If you're new to this event and am not really sure as to what to expect at this event, let me explain.
Imagine Death Match, but lip syncing and a lot less death. There will be 16 contestants/duets placed into a bracket system game. One participant will perform, do their thing, and get off stage. Then, the other participant will do the same. After the second participant has performed, the audience will choose who will move on to the next round by their cheers, screams, clams, you name it! (Except boos. Boos are cheers from ghosts) This will continue until there is one participant/duet left and they are rewarded the winner!

Keep in mind. This isn’t a legitimate competition. This event should be fun for everyone involved. So, whether you are accepted and are participating or an audience member, please have fun with it.

PLEASE NOTE THESE WHEN APPLYING:
  • Apply with songs that make sense to your character
  • Please apply with 6 songs. (we only need 4, but if one of the main 4 is taken this will help)
  • Songs need to be appropriate. (This should be obvious, but please no swears of any kind and explicit content. There will be children in the audience.)
  • MAKE SURE YOU APPLY WITH A PICTURE OF YOU IN THE COSPLAY
  • If Duet or Special Duet, both people need to apply!
  • :!: NEW THIS YEAR :!: Participants will be asked to provide their own files to songs, if AB Staff cannot get a hold of it.
  • Practice your songs like crazy!
  • Let’s have fun!

Lastly,

Apps open Jan 1, close Mar 1

NEAS costume guidelines - https://animeboston.com/cosplay/#5

I cannot wait to see everyone’s application come flooding in! Keep it rocking!
Last edited by Amaren on Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darren Hadden
Cosplay Games Staff 2023
Cosplay Lip Sync Battle Coordinator
silverfalcon18
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Cosplay Lip Sync Battle 2023

Post by silverfalcon18 »

Good morning!

I was looking over the rules for Lip Sync on the website and the application. I noticed that they don’t say we have to edit our own music on those and it only says it on the forums. Can I just get some clarification if we are expected to edit our own music or if it’s going to be done for us this year.

Thank you!
Amaren
AB Staff

Post by Amaren »

There was a miss communication and misunderstand. Original post has been edited.
Last edited by Amaren on Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darren Hadden
Cosplay Games Staff 2023
Soarinwater
Expert Poster

Post by Soarinwater »

Happy new year to you!

To further clarify - for the people who maybe don’t have the means or the know how to do edit cuts of music to performance quality. What would be the options there just so people can adequately plan what’s needed?
Would like the first minute and a half play in their stead or is the solid expectation is to submit your own clips?
Thank you in advance for your clarification!
Amaren
AB Staff

Post by Amaren »

Soarinwater wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:16 pm Happy new year to you!

To further clarify - for the people who maybe don’t have the means or the know how to do edit cuts of music to performance quality. What would be the options there just so people can adequately plan what’s needed?
Would like the first minute and a half play in their stead or is the solid expectation is to submit your own clips?
Thank you in advance for your clarification!
Apologies, there was a misunderstanding/miscommunication about this. This is my fault. The original post has been edited. Basically, if the AB team cannot get a hold of the song requested, the participant will be asked to provide the song file in full or possibly cut to your liking (this will be reviewed by the team of course).

I hope this addresses the earlier confusion. Once again, I apologize. I hope you have a wonderful new year!
Darren Hadden
Cosplay Games Staff 2023
Alice_Sheppardson
I'm new!

Post by Alice_Sheppardson »

Hi Amaren!

If we've already cut our songs to our liking, how do we share them with the staff for their review?

Thank you!
Amaren
AB Staff

Post by Amaren »

Alice_Sheppardson wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:48 pm Hi Amaren!

If we've already cut our songs to our liking, how do we share them with the staff for their review?

Thank you!
When/if you and/or your group is selected, emails will be sent out to everyone and then a set introductions will be given to those accepted/waitlisted. That is when you can attach those files to be put in review.

I hope this answers your question!
Darren Hadden
Cosplay Games Staff 2023