Created a gathering, now what?

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
townietoast
I'm new!

Created a gathering, now what?

Post by townietoast »

I set up a photo shoot gathering for Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid and I’m wondering how I get things started and what to do as the host. Who do I need to talk talk to on the day of the event and stuff. Help would be appreciated :mrgreen:
Ficus
AB Staff

Re: Created a gathering, now what?

Post by Ficus »

Hello,
There is a FAQ for the public cosplay photoshoots and gatherings that might help. The gatherings are entirely run by general members of Anime Boston, not staff. While Anime Boston does provide several safe locations to meet and a schedule to let everyone know when to gather, it is entirely up to the host(s) to advertise and organize their photoshoot.
Once a series is on the schedule, there is no need for further staff interaction; unless an incident occurs, in which case, feel free to reach out to security or staff for help resolving the situation.
Since Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is already on the schedule, you've already made some great steps. Feel free to create a thread in the Cosplay Groups and Gatherings subforum or chat about the gathering on other forms of social media to see who else wants to cosplay and meet up from that series.

If this is your first time hosting a photoshoot, then there are some good tutorials and advice columns out there talking about how to keep things organized, moving, and fun. If you see another series you enjoy earlier than your photoshoot on the schedule, then consider attending that and pay attention to how it's done. it's also great to talk to people and see what they're looking for at a gathering.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024