Demon Slayer meetup / Large groups

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Takahashi31
AB Alumni

Demon Slayer meetup / Large groups

Post by Takahashi31 »

I have a Demon Slayer meetup that has over 300 people interested and I'm anticipating over 100 people will participate. My question is what is the best area to hold this meetup?
Antonio Gibbs

Chibi Zone - 2019, 2020
Ficus
AB Alumni

Re: Demon Slayer meetup / Large groups

Post by Ficus »

That is a great question Takahashi.
Anime Boston is very aware of the popularity of some fandoms, like Demon Slayers, and we want a safe place for A LOT of people to be able to gather.
So the Demon Slayers gatherings on Friday and Saturday are going to be held in Ballroom A this year. We held the My Hero Academia gatherings in there last year (and they will be returning to Ballroom A again) and it can hold over 700 people.
This means Demon Slayers (And MHA) will not need to sign themselves up on the schedule when it goes live on Sunday, but I would appreciate it if people interested in hosting on Friday or Saturday would like to PM me on the forums or email MG-Pg_Cosplay_Photoshoots@animeboston.com so we can gather links to the appropriate social media gathering events.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Photoshoot and Idol Showcase - 2021
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Demon Slayer meetup / Large groups

Post by MomoMiraculous »

So I have a similar issue with the Sailor Moon shoot on Friday. I have 54 going and another 574 marked as interested. Would the shoot areas in Hall B be big enough to accommodate this?
Planned Cosplays for AB 2020
Tenten- Naruto
Super Sailor Jupiter- Sailor Moon
Duo Maxwell- Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Jessie- Final Fantasy VII remake
Miaka Yuki- Fushigi Yugi
Elena- Final Fantasy VII