Question about Idol Showcase & Masquerade

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
CompressedBread
Getting the hang of this...

Question about Idol Showcase & Masquerade

Post by CompressedBread »

Hi!! I had a question about both the Idol Showcase and Masquerades.

If I wanted to do a Hatsune Miku dance cover performance, would the coordinators recommend I enter the Idol Showcase instead of the Masquerade? I would like to do either one, but would prefer to do the Masquerade if possible. I've had the thought that maybe the Idol Showcase was created to kind of take some of the idol performances from the Masquerade, so I thought I should ask if it was recommended I sign up for the Showcase instead.
Anime Boston 2021
Planned Cosplays
• Hatsune Miku [Default Module]
Nyuu
AB Alumni

Re: Question about Idol Showcase & Masquerade

Post by Nyuu »

Hello!

Given the nature of Hatsune Miku, you are more than welcome to apply for both if you'd like to! Depending on the assortment of Masquerade applications that we may get by the time decisions are made, it's hard to say whether yours would end up being chosen to help round out the show. The Idol Showcase is primarily there to for folks that just want to have fun, showcase their idol routine and aren't concerned with competing at all. If you prefer to enter only the Masquerade for whatever reason, then certainly feel free!
Brian Magnant
Masquerade Coordinator 2020
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."