Cosplay Chess 2020

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
GoggleBoy
AB Alumni

Cosplay Chess 2020

Post by GoggleBoy »

Greetings to you, culinary experts of Anime Boston! I am your chessmaster introducing you to another thrilling year of Cosplay Chess. Oh? But are you what the kids call a ‘newbie’? Then I shall explain our glorious event! Every year, two rival teams of cosplayers, under the orders of highly skilled chess player, fill our chess board and do battle in the world’s second-best game: Chess! It basically plays out similar to chess with some added giant robots, cheating, and dance routines.

With an overall cooking theme to Anime Boston, this year we plan on improving our Cosplay Chess by cutting the fat and adding the spice that has been missing from this main course. As we all have different pallets, our game this year will decide the flavor of our dish. Will it be Team Sweet’s delightful, positive outlook on life or will it be Team Salty’s ‘realistic’ view on those fools who fly too close to the sun?

Cosplay Chess is a planned out, scripted event. Winners are not decided by the most screams as with other more barbaric rituals. The ability to pre-plan and script, however, allows our participants to make a grand event of their appearance and interactions on the board. Make the most of your showing, whether you are genetic warrior with 3 kills or a magical girl that simply gets killed. If you need assistance, we will have a stunt coordinator on hand during practices to make your attack land harder yet safer.

Details on how to apply coming soon. Check back here or Anime Boston Social Media for updates.

Anime Boston is a part of the non-profit organization: the New England Anime Society (NEAS). In alignment with NEAS' mission statement, we generally only accept applications of characters that hail from Japanese-origin media (anime, manga, video games). This means that any submissions from non-Japanese media like Marvel, DC, Stephen Universe, Avatar, Overwatch, etc. will likely be turned down. Very few exceptions are granted.

So, how about it? You up for a roller coaster ride of flavor through the exciting non-card game world of chess? Make sure to check back on how to sign up when applications go live on January 1st, 2020!
Cosplay Chess Coordinator - AB 2018 to Present
An actual official Yu-Gi-Oh judge who cosplays Pegasus
First one to die - AB Deathmatch 2014-2017

"He used to be a volleyball player like the rest, then he took a bullet to the knee." - Me, enjoying all the ensuing cringe that came afterwards.
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Re: Cosplay Chess 2020

Post by Selestyl »

Ooooooh!!! This theme is gonna be so much fun! I already know who my number one cosplay will be that I apply with!
2021 Lineup:

Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny (co-starring spouse as Kotetsu T. Kaburagi!)
Ignis Scientia - FFXV
Azumane Asahi - Haikyuu
Tressa Colzione - Octopath Traveler
Shad0wW0lfGaming
I'm new!

Post by Shad0wW0lfGaming »

How do i sign up for this? I am new to all of this and i think my character would be fun for this
ksmurf
AB Alumni

Post by ksmurf »

Shad0wW0lfGaming wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:56 am How do i sign up for this? I am new to all of this and i think my character would be fun for this
We have step-by-step instructions for how to apply here: http://www.animeboston.com/cosplay/cosplay_games/#apply

If you are new to Cosplay Games at Anime Boston, we also recommend you check out these threads:

"What do you mean Japanese-only cosplays?" about our mission statement and whether costumes are eligible to appear in our events - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23551

"Cosplay and Prop - Approvals" about our policy for questions about whether you costume/prop is okay for the convention - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22545

"Fan Designs" about original interpretations of characters - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21600

Let us know if you have any additions questions!
Alison Bird
Assistant Director of Programming 2022
TF2xScoutxPRO
I'm new!

Post by TF2xScoutxPRO »

I'm trying to apply. I filled out all the necessary information, I followed the step by step application process, but I couldn't see the Applications tab. Please help.
ksmurf
AB Alumni

Post by ksmurf »

TF2xScoutxPRO wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:22 pm I'm trying to apply. I filled out all the necessary information, I followed the step by step application process, but I couldn't see the Applications tab. Please help.
If you go to Cosplay HQ, do you see a Cosplay Games link in the menu?
Clicking on Cosplay Games should give you access to the events to apply with.

If you continue to experience issues, can you submit an inquiry to the Cosplay Games Coordinator?
You can use our Contact us form: https://animeboston.com/coninfo/contact/
We can better troubleshoot the issue with you over email.
Alison Bird
Assistant Director of Programming 2022