Are Bunny Suits Okay?

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Gothicci_Cosplay
Getting the hang of this...

Are Bunny Suits Okay?

Post by Gothicci_Cosplay »

So I was planning on going one of the days as a bunny girl (Bulma from Dragon Ball?) not sure yet but, I saw the rule about inappropriate cosplays but could have sworn on see people wearing them to AB before. So are they okay to wear or not?
cookiesweet
Expert Poster

Re: Are Bunny Suits Okay?

Post by cookiesweet »

I'm not staff but i'm sure they're okay. Anime Boston's regulation of showing off skin seems to be that as long as it's not considered offensive by the general public then it's fine. Last year I went as Lum (you can look up a reference photo to see) and it was deemed to be okay so a bunny suit should be okay. Just keep in mind of others when walking into public places like the mall and most importantly stay safe!
Anime Boston 2013 Sakura Kinomoto from CardCaptor Sakura
Anime Boston 2014 Kirakishou from Rozen Maiden

Anime Boston 2015 Nui Harime from Kill La Kill
Anime Boston 2016 Belldandy from Oh My Goddess and Amulet Heart from Shugo Chara
Anime Boston 2017 Sakura Kinomoto from CardCaptor and Belldandy from Oh My Goddess
Anime Boston 2018Goddess Madoka from Madoka Magica and Blossom from PowerPuff Girls
Anime Boston 2019 Kikyo from Inuyasha, Mori-Senpai from OHSHC, and Lum from Urusei Yatsura
Gothicci_Cosplay

Thank you for letting me know! I really appreciate it!
Nyuu
AB Alumni

Post by Nyuu »

cookiesweet wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:23 pm I'm not staff but i'm sure they're okay. Anime Boston's regulation of showing off skin seems to be that as long as it's not considered offensive by the general public then it's fine. Last year I went as Lum (you can look up a reference photo to see) and it was deemed to be okay so a bunny suit should be okay. Just keep in mind of others when walking into public places like the mall and most importantly stay safe!
I would pretty much echo what cookiesweet has stated here. Our main concern is that any cosplay like that just not be TOO revealing. Additionally, it is something to be more mindful of in areas you may roam around outside of the con. Beyond that, just use your best judgment and you should be fine!
Brian Magnant
Masquerade Coordinator 2020
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Gothicci_Cosplay

Thank you!