Idol Showcase Questions

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
DeskLampNinja
I'm new!

Idol Showcase Questions

Post by DeskLampNinja »

The Idol Showcase rules say that costumes of characters that are non-canon are sometimes allowed. Does this mean that someone would be able to cosplay an idol version of a character that isn't usually a performer? The wording isn't the absolute clearest,,,

Also, do the characters and music have to be from the same series?
Jennabelle
AB Alumni

Re: Idol Showcase Questions

Post by Jennabelle »

Hi DeskLampNinja,

As a new member of Idol Showcase staff I can not give you an answer to your questions at this time, but I will consult with other members of programming staff to try to answer your questions as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience!

Best,

Jenna
AB Staff: Idol Showcase Coordinator (2020)
Eli Ayase, Kanan Matsuura, and Luka Megurine of Idolized!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 2020 Line-Up: *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Friday ~ Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Saturday ~ Luka Megurine (Vocaloid)
Sunday ~ Secret Cosplay
Jennabelle
AB Alumni

Re: Idol Showcase Questions

Post by Jennabelle »

DeskLampNinja wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:15 pm The Idol Showcase rules say that costumes of characters that are non-canon are sometimes allowed. Does this mean that someone would be able to cosplay an idol version of a character that isn't usually a performer? The wording isn't the absolute clearest,,,

Also, do the characters and music have to be from the same series?
We would likely handle applications like this on a case to case basis. As long as you could justify to us why you chose to do a certain character and have them dance to a specific song I don't think it would be a problem. Both the character and the song you are performing would have to have originated from Japan, as per Anime Boston cosplay event policy.

Best,

Jenna
AB Staff: Idol Showcase Coordinator (2020)
Eli Ayase, Kanan Matsuura, and Luka Megurine of Idolized!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 2020 Line-Up: *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Friday ~ Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Saturday ~ Luka Megurine (Vocaloid)
Sunday ~ Secret Cosplay