Idol Showcase: Apps closed!

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Ficus
AB Staff

Idol Showcase: Apps closed!

Post by Ficus » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:31 pm

We've seen it sweeping the con circuit, and now Anime Boston is proud to announce its first Idol Showcase!
Idol cosplay groups from any Japanese series can sign up before the convention, starting on February 1st in Cosplay HQ.
The Idol Showcase has a limited number of spots open, and they will be on a first-come-first-served selection for this year, with a waitlist in case of openings. Groups or solo performances can cosplay from any idol series, and will have 5 minutes on stage to show the audience their choreographed dances from that idol series. These are exhibition dance performances, so no competition, just fun.

Whether you want to perform or just watch your favorite idols dancing, we hope you’ll join us Sunday at Anime Boston for the Idol Showcase. And if you have any questions or want to talk about the event, then this is the thread to discuss.

EDIT:
The Waitlist is now full. Applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone that applied. Confirmation emails will be sent out soon.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Photoshoot and Idol Showcase Coordinator - 2019

ashanyao
Veteran Poster

Re: Idol Showcase

Post by ashanyao » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:06 pm

So looking forward to this event! Thank you for creating a safe space for Idols to perform. :D
☾ AB 2019 ★
Thursday ⋆ Mugen Academy Hotaru
Friday AM ⋆ Idolized Ninja Nico
Friday AFT ⋆ Idol Nico
Friday PM ⋆ Aya from Pastel*Palettes
Saturday AM ⋆ Eternal Chibi Moon w/ Moon Menagerie
Saturday AFT ⋆ Starlight Revue Junna
Saturday PM ⋆ Happy Party Train Dia
Sunday ⋆ New Years Dia Kurosawa

Moon Menagerie
https://www.instagram.com/moonmenagerie/

https://www.facebook.com/MoonMenagerie/

Nightbrush
I'm new!

Post by Nightbrush » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Looking for Love Live Cosplay/Dance group!

This event looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see everyone shine!

I've always wanted to form/join a New England Love Live idol group so I could make new friends, learn dances and preform together at conventions like Anime Boston. If any existing groups are recruiting members or you are interested in forming a group with me, please contact me on Twitter @Nightbrush.

DanceCommander
I'm new!

Post by DanceCommander » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:15 pm

Anyone want to do a Zombieland saga performance? I'd be happy to play Kotaro and organize/coordinate/choreograph a fun performance if there are a few interested zombies ^.^

Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:18 pm

Applications are almost open. Good luck to all!
I'll be sure to update this thread when applications have opened, and when they close.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Photoshoot and Idol Showcase Coordinator - 2019