Anime Boston 2019 Cosplay Chess

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
GoggleBoy
AB Staff

Anime Boston 2019 Cosplay Chess

Post by GoggleBoy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Why hello again my fine sacrificial pawns. Apparently the high ups at AB were pleased with the show presented last year, so they invited everyone's favorite Maximilian Pegasus to coordinate this year's Cosplay Chess event as well.

What's that some of you ask? What is Cosplay Chess? Why, it is the showcase of both strategic elegance and the ruthless cutting down of cherished characters for the entertainment of the masses. In Cosplay Chess, two teams of opposing sides square off. Under the control of two exper-...talen-.... two players, pieces move on stage. The board itself is populated by characters from anime, manga, and video games. From Sailor Moon to All Might, these characters engage in more planned-out and choreograph battles to see which side shall emerge victorious.

Let's get down to business. I need suitable characters to fill the board. This year, a battle between those who train their body and souls using traditional techniques battle the forces of technology, weaponry, and science. I invite all you delightful cosplayers to apply and I shall take the most breathtaking, the highest skilled, and those that fit the theme the best and present you to the public for their amusement. Applications for the Cosplay Chess and all other Cosplay Games Events will open on January 1st, 2019 at noon and will remain open through the end of February.

I suggest checking out the Anime Boston Cosplay FAQ here =====> http://www.animeboston.com/cosplay/cosplay_faq/
Use the Cosplay HQ page on the Anime Boston website to apply to Cosplay Games here =====> http://www.animeboston.com/cosplayhq/

:arrow: A reminder: Anime Boston is an anime convention that is part of the New England Anime Society (NEAS). As such, a severe lean is given to those who are from Japanese origin. There may be one or two exception given if a unique opportunity is presented, but 99% of all pieces chosen will be of eastern origin.

I do ever so hope you all apply. It shall be a time.
Last edited by GoggleBoy on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosplay Chess Coordinator - AB 2018
An actual official Yu-Gi-Oh judge who cosplays Pegasus
First one to die - AB Deathmatch 2014-2017

"He used to be a volleyball player like the rest, then he took a bullet to the knee." - Me, enjoying all the ensuing cringe that came afterwards.

Selestyl
Determined Poster

Re: Anime Boston 2019 Cosplay Chess

Post by Selestyl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Ohhh YES, I can't wait! This is going to be amazing! Thanks for the information! :D
2019 Lineup:
Ignis Scientia, FFXV
Tressa Colzione, Octopath Traveler (accompanied by better half as Alfyn Greengrass, Octopath Traveler!)
Secret third cosplay...if I can finish in time...