Cosplot?

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
TheBentoBox
I'm new!

Cosplot?

Post by TheBentoBox » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm

I don't wanna be that person, but does anyone know when the emails for cosplot will be going out? With only 6 days until the con (5 for those going early on Thursday) I'm beginning to get anxious and a friend who participated last year got hers on the 12th of March. I know it must be a a lot of work to make the script and story so I don't want to stress out who ever is in charge anymore than they already are but, i just wanted an estimate for curiosity's sake and peace of mind. :)

ksmurf
Expert Poster

Re: Cosplot?

Post by ksmurf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:44 pm

There were a large number of great applications this year and it was difficult to narrow down the field to the few parts we had available.

At this time, all applicants who have been selected to take part in the cosplot elements of the Cosplay Game events have already been notified.

We will be sending follow-up communications to all remaining applicants this weekend to close the loop.

Thank you for flagging and we apologize for the confusion!
Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games Technical Coordinator 2017-2018
AB Cosplay Games Assistant Technical Coordinator 2016
Attendee: Anime Boston 2004-2015

TheBentoBox
I'm new!

Post by TheBentoBox » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Thanks for replying so quickly! My friends and I had a feeling that's what it was, and I can imagine with how many applicants you get, how hard it must be to select only a few. Oh well, either way congratulations to those that made it in and I can't wait to see another amazing year of cosplot! Good luck everyone!

Rosabelle3344
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Rosabelle3344 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 pm

Completely unrelated, but TheBentoBox, that was one of the nicest interactions I've ever read T.T I've worked in con management before, and you are like the ideal attendee in terms of asking questions of staff. XD

Keep being great! And, great work AB staff as well!!

ksmurf
Expert Poster

Post by ksmurf » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 am

All outstanding applications have been processed and communications have been sent.
You can also check the status of any Cosplay Games applications in Cosplay HQ.

Thank you to everyone who applied - it was wonderful to see so many strong applications this year. We hope you enjoy the events and we encourage you to apply again next year!

As a side note, we are running a panel this year called Upping Your Cosplay Games Game in Hynes 302/304 at 11:30am on Saturday. We will have a panel of Cosplay Games Staff and Veterans on hand to answer questions you may have about applying for and participating in Anime Boston Cosplay Games.
Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games Technical Coordinator 2017-2018
AB Cosplay Games Assistant Technical Coordinator 2016
Attendee: Anime Boston 2004-2015