AB Cosplay Chess 2018

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
GoggleBoy
AB Staff

AB Cosplay Chess 2018

Post by GoggleBoy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Why hello! This is your friendly neighborhood Maximilian Pegasus, and obviously they put a game master such as myself in charge of this year's Cosplay Chess match.

What is that some of you ask? What is Cosplay Chess? Why, it is the showcase of both strategic elegance and the ruthless cutting down of cherished characters for the entertainment of the masses. Oh, but I'm sure you want an actual explanation. One second ...

'In Cosplay Chess, two teams of opposing sides square off. Under the control of two expert chess players, pieces move on stage. The board itself is populated by characters from anime, manga, and video games. From Sailor Moon to All Might, these characters engage in battles' ... far more planned out and entertaining then that silly DeathMatch (Friday @ AB) in my humble opinion ... 'to see which side shall emerge victorious.'

Now that I'm done reading their official statement, let's get down to business. I need suitable sacrif-... players to fill the board. This year, the stars are aligning and a battle between the stars above and the filthy land walkers on Earth seems inevitable. I invite all you delightful cosplayers to apply and I shall take the most breathtaking, the highest skilled, and those that pay me under the table* and present you to the slaug-...public. To the public. Applications for the Cosplay Death Match and all other Cosplay Games Events will open on January 1st, 2018 at noon and will remain open through the end of February.

I suggest checking out the Anime Boston Cosplay FAQ here =====> http://www.animeboston.com/cosplay/cosplay_faq/
Use the Cosplay HQ page on the Anime Boston website to apply to Cosplay Games here =====> http://www.animeboston.com/cosplayhq/

:arrow: A reminder: Anime Boston is an anime convention that is part of the New England Anime Society (NEAS). As such, we can only accept applications from characters that originally hail from a Japanese created media. That means we cannot accept anything from Undertale, Stephen Universe, Avatar, Overwatch, etc. This is not my rule, but it is a very important rule that has consequences for the convention itself if I break it.

Now, in the meantime, if you wish to see what a full game of Cosplay Chess looks like, might I suggest watching this one? I hear there's a delightful little scamp playing that year. https://youtu.be/qxnqEuA6zrs

*I really don't want your money. I have plenty of money. Use that to buy a hat or something.
Cosplay Chess Coordinator - AB 2018
An actual official Yu-Gi-Oh judge who cosplays Pegasus
First one to die - AB Deathmatch 2014-2017

"He used to be a volleyball player like the rest, then he took a bullet to the knee." - Me, enjoying all the ensuing cringe that came afterwards.

Victablook
Expert Poster

Re: AB Cosplay Chess 2018

Post by Victablook » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am

i was chiaki in the 2016 chess match you played! although i was on your opponent's side, aha. as i have every year, i'll definitely be applying to be in this year's chess!
Last edited by Victablook on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 - damara (homestuck)
2014 - ramona (scott pilgrim)
2015 - ryuko (kill la kill)
2016 - chiaki (super dangan ronpa 2)
2017 - ryuko (kill la kill) + modern au!fenris (dragon age ii)
2018: nagisa (assassination classroom)

2019:
megumin (konosuba) and tamaki (my hero academia)

GoggleBoy
AB Staff

Post by GoggleBoy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 am

A reminder to you fine folks that you have until the end of this month to submit your applications. Do not hesitate to apply. If you update an individual cosplay's profile, it will automatically update on your application.

"He used to be a volleyball player like the rest, then he took a bullet to the knee." - Me, enjoying all the ensuing cringe that came afterwards.

Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:34 pm

I am hoping to see Radical Edward and Sailor Mercury as the chess masters.

ksmurf
AB Staff

Post by ksmurf » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:25 pm

Schedule update -

Chess will be 10:30am - 12:30pm on Sunday.
Chess rehearsal will be 9am - 11am Saturday morning.

There's no better place to be than on the chessboard at Anime Boston - come take part in the epic conclusion of a fight that's been brewing all weekend. Only 2 days left to apply!
Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games Coordinator 2019
AB Cosplay Games Technical Coordinator 2016-2018
Attendee: Anime Boston 2004-2015

ABCosGames - Putting the play in Cosplay!

GoggleBoy
AB Staff

Post by GoggleBoy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 pm

With that, applications for Chess are now closed. If you wish to update information or pictures for the applied cosplay, simply update your Cosplay HQ page and the information on your application will auto-update. We had just shy of 100 applicants with a combined total of 200+ individual cosplays that yours truly (and some underlings) get to choose from.

I thank all the sacrif-... volunteers for applying. Decisions and e-mail should be made in the next few days. If you have any further questions, please continue to feel free to post on the forums. I wish you all a fantastic weekend and good luck.

GoggleBoy
AB Staff

Post by GoggleBoy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:54 pm

All e-mails have been sent and application processed.