2018 Cosplay Match Game

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Cycrino
AB Staff

2018 Cosplay Match Game

Post by Cycrino » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:05 am

Hello everyone and welcome back to another exciting year of the Anime Boston 2018 Match Game!
(Not to be confused with the Death Match, which you can learn about here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22108&sid=e15420c0e ... d0#p288358)

If you're familiar with the game Apples to Apples, then good news: you're familiar with the Match Game. Contestants try to fill-in-the-blanks, along with a panel of celebrities. Points are awarded every time a celebrity answer matches a contestant answer. The contestant with the most matches throughout the game wins!

I'm looking for cosplayers that can deliver awesome in-character responses that'll make the audience laugh.
New this year: applications are open for "Contestants" as well as our "Celebrity Panel". If this message intrigues you, come apply! Applications for Cosplay Match Game and all other Cosplay Games Events will open on January 1st, 2018 at noon and will remain open through the end of February.

Anime Boston Cosplay FAQ:
http://www.animeboston.com/cosplay/cosplay_faq/

Go to the Cosplay HQ page on the Anime Boston website to apply to Cosplay Games:
http://www.animeboston.com/cosplayhq/

:arrow: A reminder: Anime Boston is an anime convention that is part of the New England Anime Society (NEAS). As such, we can only accept characters that originally hail from Japanese-created media. That means we cannot accept anything from shows like Batman, Stephen Universe, Avatar the Last Airbender, Overwatch, etc. This is not my rule, but it is a very important rule that has consequences for the convention itself if I break it. There will be no exceptions.

Come, join me for another hilarious year of the Match Game! I'm looking forward to all your awesome cosplays!
Andrey Zholudok
AB Cosplay Games 2018
Match Game Coordinator

ApocalypseUnicorn
Getting the hang of this...

Re: 2018 Cosplay Match Game

Post by ApocalypseUnicorn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:43 pm

I was the Edward Elric at last year's Match Game! I probably won't be able to do it again because I can't think of any costumes I'm bringing that would suit it. However, if you're reading this and hesitating on applying, you should totally do it! Last year it was a panel of super nice and talented people, so you'll definitely have fun, even with interrupting fire alarms, haha! <3

foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Two years ago, when I went, contestants were pulled from the audience. Now, since you said you can apply for that, are "contestants" going to be cosplayers acting in character also? Bc if so, that's awesome and should be even more fun.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul

ksmurf
AB Staff

Post by ksmurf » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:54 pm

foreverfinn wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 pm
Two years ago, when I went, contestants were pulled from the audience. Now, since you said you can apply for that, are "contestants" going to be cosplayers acting in character also? Bc if so, that's awesome and should be even more fun.
That is correct! This year, the team decided to spice things up a bit - both the "contestants" and "celebrity panelists" will be pulled from the cosplayer applicant pool.
Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games Coordinator 2019
AB Cosplay Games Technical Coordinator 2016-2018
Attendee: Anime Boston 2004-2015

ABCosGames - Putting the play in Cosplay!

Victablook
Expert Poster

Post by Victablook » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 am

ApocalypseUnicorn wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:43 pm
I was the Edward Elric at last year's Match Game! I probably won't be able to do it again because I can't think of any costumes I'm bringing that would suit it. However, if you're reading this and hesitating on applying, you should totally do it! Last year it was a panel of super nice and talented people, so you'll definitely have fun, even with interrupting fire alarms, haha! <3
oh god, the alarm. i remember very clearly, haha.

i was ryuko for it last year, and chiaki the year before, and i'll let you know that it is indeed a blast. i'll be doing a couple cosplay this year though, so unfortunately i'll have other plans and can't apply this year. :(
2013 - damara (homestuck)
2014 - ramona (scott pilgrim)
2015 - ryuko (kill la kill)
2016 - chiaki (super dangan ronpa 2)
2017 - ryuko (kill la kill) + modern au!fenris (dragon age ii)
2018:
nagisa (assassination classroom)

Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 am

For 2018, it would be cool if Gene Starwind could be the host. (Gene Rayburn was the name of the host of the show 'Match Game' back in the 1970s)

Cycrino
AB Staff

Post by Cycrino » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Reminder folks - only 3 days remain to apply for Cosplay Games!

Think you have what it takes to role play your favorite cosplay characters? Apply to Match Game!
We're looking for contestants and panelists who love being in character. No prior experience required.

:!: Make sure you get those applications in before 11:59pm on Feb 28.
For 2018, it would be cool if Gene Starwind could be the host. (Gene Rayburn was the name of the host of the show 'Match Game' back in the 1970s)
*Cough* There may or may not be a Gene Starwind in attendance.
Andrey Zholudok
AB Cosplay Games 2018
Match Game Coordinator

ksmurf
AB Staff

Post by ksmurf » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Schedule Update -
Match Game will be 4:30-5:30pm on Friday.
Alison Bird
AB Cosplay Games Coordinator 2019
AB Cosplay Games Technical Coordinator 2016-2018
Attendee: Anime Boston 2004-2015

ABCosGames - Putting the play in Cosplay!