Cosplot 2016

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
AB Alu-chan
AB Staff

Cosplot 2016

Post by AB Alu-chan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Hello there peoples! This IS COSPLOT!.. Yes , for those of you who do not know what cosplot is allow me to give you a brief rundown. Cosplot is the story that runs through out cosplay games events, like chess and death match. Sometimes this takes the form of a interrupt in events, certain themes in the events, or other gesture that help tell a story through out the weekend. Cosplot is a great way to get more involved with the con and some of its events. It can be a bit of work though especially if you want to be in the cosplot Masquerade skit that happens each year, but the fun and people make it worth while.

Like all are events we pick from pre con applications. This is currently open and up on the Anime Boston website. IMPORTANT NOTE: this year we are selecting people for the cosplot Masquerade skit by February 1st, other roles in cosplot may be selected before applications close as well, so please apply soon. Even if your cosplay is not done but you are sure you can finish it by Anime Boston submit it with current pictures and keep adding progress pictures. This year we are mainly looking for teacher, student, and roughen type characters but I encourage to apply with all your costumes for you never can be sure what might work.
James Zukowski
cosplay games 2013-2017

AB Alucard
Cosplot Coordinator

astromoth
Experienced Poster

Re: Cosplot 2016

Post by astromoth » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:02 pm

AB Alu-chan wrote:Hello there peoples! This IS COSPLOT!.. Yes , for those of you who do not know what cosplot is allow me to give you a brief rundown. Cosplot is the story that runs through out cosplay games events, like chess and death match. Sometimes this takes the form of a interrupt in events, certain themes in the events, or other gesture that help tell a story through out the weekend. Cosplot is a great way to get more involved with the con and some of its events. It can be a bit of work though especially if you want to be in the cosplot Masquerade skit that happens each year, but the fun and people make it worth while.

Like all are events we pick from pre con applications. This is currently open and up on the Anime Boston website. IMPORTANT NOTE: this year we are selecting people for the cosplot Masquerade skit by February 1st, other roles in cosplot may be selected before applications close as well, so please apply soon. Even if your cosplay is not done but you are sure you can finish it by Anime Boston submit it with current pictures and keep adding progress pictures. This year we are mainly looking for teacher, student, and roughen type characters but I encourage to apply with all your costumes for you never can be sure what might work.

Question, do you mean the end of today or has the deadline passed? I'd hate for it to be the latter because it my costume JUST came today. But oh well, I can still hope for a small part regardless!

*crosses fingers*
2013: Tsunade (Naruto Shippuden)
2014: Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
2015: Fem!Austria (Hetalia)
2016: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
∞: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION

AB Alu-chan
AB Staff

Post by AB Alu-chan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:20 pm

The deadline for the Masquerade skit has passed. We are still looking at applications for parts in other events.
James Zukowski
cosplay games 2013-2017

AB Alucard
Cosplot Coordinator

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:38 pm

AB Alu-chan wrote:The deadline for the Masquerade skit has passed. We are still looking at applications for parts in other events.
to back this answer up with another question I now have experience in the Dating game as a contestant, how would I go about signing up my cosplay for it if i don't have a picture of the actual wig on my head? (i have a picture of the new wig before it got styled not on my had) is that ok to show?
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 am

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:
AB Alu-chan wrote:The deadline for the Masquerade skit has passed. We are still looking at applications for parts in other events.
to back this answer up with another question I now have experience in the Dating game as a contestant, how would I go about signing up my cosplay for it if i don't have a picture of the actual wig on my head? (i have a picture of the new wig before it got styled not on my had) is that ok to show?
It would definitely be in your best interest to have a new photo in full cosplay with the new wig uploaded. It will provide us the most accurate and complete view of your cosplay, and in turn, give you the best chance of making it in. Please keep in mind the deadline is by the end of tomorrow, so if at all possible, try to get a new picture uploaded. We'd like everyone who's interested to have the best chance they can!
Brian Magnant
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Nyuu wrote:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:
It would definitely be in your best interest to have a new photo in full cosplay with the new wig uploaded. It will provide us the most accurate and complete view of your cosplay, and in turn, give you the best chance of making it in. Please keep in mind the deadline is by the end of tomorrow, so if at all possible, try to get a new picture uploaded. We'd like everyone who's interested to have the best chance they can!
erm seeing as its the 4th already i think i dont have that much time left to do that but i have one with me in my old (Bad wig) and have both pics of the new wig

i've heard that was ok as well (people wanted to do that around here) and i dont see why it would be that big of a deal, but i have more of a chance to get in the chess match at least since i'm playing a school kid no?
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: erm seeing as its the 4th already i think i dont have that much time left to do that but i have one with me in my old (Bad wig) and have both pics of the new wig

i've heard that was ok as well (people wanted to do that around here) and i dont see why it would be that big of a deal, but i have more of a chance to get in the chess match at least since i'm playing a school kid no?
Understandable. Although not preferable, you do at least have pics of the wig itself which is better than not!

Following the theme this year, that certainly will come into play when the Chess Match participants are chosen.

Best of luck, and we'll see you at the con!
Brian Magnant
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Nyuu wrote:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: erm seeing as its the 4th already i think i dont have that much time left to do that but i have one with me in my old (Bad wig) and have both pics of the new wig

Understandable. Although not preferable, you do at least have pics of the wig itself which is better than not!

Following the theme this year, that certainly will come into play when the Chess Match participants are chosen.

Best of luck, and we'll see you at the con!

i understand, if i had enough time to do a fitting and didn't get kicked out of my chair at the time i got my wig (>.> i hate where i live i really do) i would have taken pics of me in the wigs at the wig shop my mom owns when i got said wig, but alas i didn't think of it until it happened, and real life sucks as well, if i had more time then i so would have done a fitting ._.;
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:00 pm

Just a question, I guess for next year...

Do the people in the Cosplot appear over the course of all of the days (in the same costume)? And can they be in some of the cosplay games too?
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by Kiarrens » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:02 am

Mina Finn wrote:Just a question, I guess for next year...

Do the people in the Cosplot appear over the course of all of the days (in the same costume)? And can they be in some of the cosplay games too?
It changes from year to year, but generally, yes, they appear all weekend in the same costume. Some have been known to participate in other cosplay games in their capacities as cosplot characters, but usually if you are in the cosplot, that is your "on-stage time" for the year.
Lyndsey Zusi
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Divison 2019
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Kiarrens wrote:
Mina Finn wrote:Just a question, I guess for next year...

It changes from year to year, but generally, yes, they appear all weekend in the same costume. Some have been known to participate in other cosplay games in their capacities as cosplot characters, but usually if you are in the cosplot, that is your "on-stage time" for the year.
Alright, thanks! That makes sense now as to why Cosplot participants are chosen first.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul