Cosplay picking for next year

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
PyroGodFlameCosplay
Expert Poster

Cosplay picking for next year

Post by PyroGodFlameCosplay » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:07 pm

[if this kinda thread isnt allowed. ill take it down]

I'm am stuck on who i wanna cosplay.
i wanna go to photoshoot so,
my choices that have being running through my head:
Izuru kira bleach [would only need wig and sword]
Grimmjow new outfit [ the mask attaching kinda worries me lol. spirit gum,]

go with blue exxorcist again? try amaimon?

go non anime and go marvel : quicksliver xmen dofp

or other suggestions of shows based on they likely hood of their being a photoshoot.
shows i watch:
bleach
naruto
duararara
blue exorcist
full metal alchemist
deadman wonderland
k project
sword art online [ but theres seems to be a million kritos evey year and i only got his outfit]

About me"
im a female crossplayer
im 24
i'm 5"4
im big boned
hazel eyes , pale , dark brown hair
rounded face , medium sized nose.
ANIME BOSTON COSPLAY 2016
SATURDAY:
IZURU KIRA [100% DONE]

AlbinoShadow
Expert Poster

Re: Cosplay picking for next year

Post by AlbinoShadow » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:57 pm

I think you've got some good ideas here. Remember that there will be cons in the future, so even if you don't get to something this year, there is always next year and the year after and... ;)

Beyond that, think about what you are interested in making and what you have time to make/money to buy. Usually I choose cosplays based on past experience (can I build everything that the cosplay requires?) and one or two new things that I'd like to learn how to make. What drives cosplay for you?

You mentioned worries about attaching Grimmjow's mask. Since I assume you would be wearing a wig, could you attach it to the wig somehow, or else hide an attachment system underneath the wig? The idea is to take the weight of the mask off your face and put it somewhere where it will not bother you--experience as a cosplayer and professional theatrical costumer tells me that this is a good idea.

I've been part of the Bleach group for many years, and I can tell you that we have a ton of fun at our photoshoots. I would love to see you there!
AlbinoShadow Cosplay on Facebook
Cosplay Blog

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.

Nenie
Determined Poster

Re: Cosplay picking for next year

Post by Nenie » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:55 pm

A lot of people switch into different cosplays during the con. Some will cosplay one character for Friday and a different character for Saturday, and Sunday. Or people change into different cosplays from day to evening. Like they'll be a character in the morning and at night they changed into a different cosplay. Basically, you have a lot of choices and a lot of characters you want to be.

If you're up to it, you can be a few of those characters you picked out for the whole weekend. You know what Im saying? It does get a little tedious to change from one cosplay to another the same day. But just throwing ideas at you. People have done it before.

I like Grimmjow.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer