The Cosplay HQ is now closed.

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
lordofvt
AB Executive

Re: The Cosplay HQ is now open!

Post by lordofvt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Doppoganga wrote:How do we know who's in the Masquerade? Cuz when I fill out the application, it doesn't say I need to type my email.
When you filled out your base info you put your email there. When I get the opportunity to review the applications I'll be able to contact you using that email.
Andrew Reckers
Director of Programming

Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:43 pm

lordofvt wrote:
Darkvyse88 wrote:
Thanks for the help! I already uploaded my script when I entered.

One more question. If there is an issue regarding opening the AB file or the Script when you review them, would you e-mail us if there is a problem?
If there is a problem, I will let you know.
Cool! Thanks again for the help.
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2018

Friday:
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain) or Otacon (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots).

Saturday:
The Sorrow (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
Austin Danger Powers (Austin Powers)

Sunday:
Cosplay Chess Surprise

Doppoganga
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Doppoganga » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:02 pm

I want to know how do we know if we're in the Masquerade or not? Cuz when I fill out the application, it doesn't say I need to type my email. Does that mean do the AB staff know our email and they'll contact us or what?

Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 am

Doppoganga wrote:I want to know how do we know if we're in the Masquerade or not? Cuz when I fill out the application, it doesn't say I need to type my email. Does that mean do the AB staff know our email and they'll contact us or what?
You don't need to enter your email for the Masquerade, because it's already entered in the My Info section. As long as your information there is accurate, we'll have your contact information.

We only ask for it in My Info, so you only have to enter it once instead of entering it for every event you want to apply to.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations 2017 - 2019
President of New England Anime Society, Inc.

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by Kiarrens » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 am

ShakuganNoShanaJAPAN wrote:I need a link to the cosplay chess plz!!!!
To apply? http://www.animeboston.com/cosplayhq/
You will need to fill out your personal information, past participation, and "my costumes" sections, then go to "Cosplay Games" and apply for chess.
Lyndsey Zusi
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Divison 2019
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

Suoh87
I'm new!

Post by Suoh87 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Mosquito wrote:
Suoh87 wrote:Hello, this is my first time on the forums and entering the contest but also my 8th time going to Anime Boston. I've always wanted to try a Cosplay Contest. I think it might be fun. :D

So just I'm clear I can sign up on the day Anime Boston begins or is there a sign up thread I need to look at. I already registered beforehand as a fyi. I'm sorry if this question was answered already for someone else but I just wanted to make sure
To sign up for the Hall Cosplay Contest, which is what it sounds like you want to do, please read the rules here: http://animeboston.com/cosplay/hall_cosplay_contest/

Once you've done that, you will need to register here: http://animeboston.com/cosplayhq/applications/3

Good luck!

Just read the rules and I now realized that I really don't know how to make my own costume :(

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by Kiarrens » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Suoh87 wrote: Just read the rules and I now realized that I really don't know how to make my own costume :(
If you would still like to participate in a cosplay event, feel free to apply to any of the Cosplay Games. Original (hand-made) costumes are not required for these events, they can be bought. The games aren't contests, but you could still have some fun in cosplay participating in them!
Lyndsey Zusi
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

Doppoganga

Post by Doppoganga » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 pm

How long do you usually announced who's participate on the Masquerade?

lordofvt
AB Executive

Post by lordofvt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 am

Doppoganga wrote:How long do you usually announced who's participate on the Masquerade?
It's taking longer than normally right now to get responses out. When I am able to review the applications, I will be able to start approving skits.
Andrew Reckers
Director of Programming

Pklove4games

Post by Pklove4games » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 pm

If I edit my entry to the masq does it affect the time my application was submitted? I wasnt sure if Masq is still first come first serve or not. So like adding a script or what not I wasnt sure if that affected the time or not.
Anime Boston 2014:
Princes Hilda Link Between Worlds
Meryl Stryfe Trigun
Amelia Earnhart Slayers

Triene
I'm new!

Post by Triene » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:08 am

I browsed through this thread and didn't see an answer to this, so here you are: I'm (somewhat desperately) hoping to be in the Hall Contest, so I'm very nervous as to whether I've been accepted; I've gathered from this thread that just because you submit your application with no apparent issues, it doesn't mean you're actually "in". The contest is pretty much my sole reason for attending AB this year, so I'd like to know when you will be letting everyone know whether or not they're in? It's a bit important for travel plans, coordinating with my cosplay partner, and all that.

On a related note, about how many people are admitted to each division?

Thanks very much, glad to see this registration process is taking steps in the right direction! ^_^

ACB
I'm new!

Post by ACB » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello, I saw that someone had asked a question about applying and it was answered, and in the answer it said the audio should be uploaded now as well as the script. I have a one last thing to put in our audio, which I should be able to finish this week, however, would my group not be accepted if the audio is not on my application until this weekend?

lordofvt
AB Executive

Post by lordofvt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:15 pm

ACB wrote:Hello, I saw that someone had asked a question about applying and it was answered, and in the answer it said the audio should be uploaded now as well as the script. I have a one last thing to put in our audio, which I should be able to finish this week, however, would my group not be accepted if the audio is not on my application until this weekend?
I'll need either your script or your audio/video file in order to give you the final go ahead on your skit. So if you upload your script now that will be all I need.
Andrew Reckers
Director of Programming

ArtestCosplayGirl185

Post by ArtestCosplayGirl185 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:38 pm

hi whats the deadline for the sign-up for the events?
If you find something you love and your happy about it, then dont give up on it no matter what it is or the cost.

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by Kiarrens » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

ArtestCosplayGirl185 wrote:hi whats the deadline for the sign-up for the events?
Cosplay games applications close on May 1.

Masquerade and Hall Cosplay will close when they have enough participants, so there is no set date.
Lyndsey Zusi
Attendee 2003 - 2009

SaiyanHikari
Expert Poster

Post by SaiyanHikari » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 am

Hello there! I have a bit of a situation in applying. First off, I want to say that I personally am only applying to Chess and Masquerade skit.

1. Is the limit really 3 costumes for chess?

2. My friend is going to be the "leader" for our masquerade skit. If I understand correctly, I still need to apply on my own cosplay HQ to the masquerade skit, BUT my friend will be the "leader" and thus will name me as a group member. Is this correct? (Let's say my group leader is A, a second friend in the group is B, and then there's me. What do we do?).

3. Back to chess, I would like to have a "backup/support" character for each of my cosplays. However, I am attempting to submit information on cosplay HQ, and it only allows me to have 0 or 1 group members. But what if my backup/support characters are 3 different people?
In generic terms, let's say I have cosplays A (whose support is D), B (whose support is E) and C (whose support is F). I want to apply cosplays A, B, and C as main chess pieces. I want D, E, and F to be my "support" respectively (because A, B and C are different series from each other). Is this one group member limit a bug, or an intentional restriction?

blackhatpirate
I'm new!

Post by blackhatpirate » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:07 am

i haven't received a confirmation letter or notification when i signed up for it a few weeks ago or a two i can't recall. I was told to post in here, if there were any bugs or issues. I know i signed up and if i loose out because of a bug it would be upsetting to me.

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by Kiarrens » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:49 am

SaiyanHikari wrote: 1. Is the limit really 3 costumes for chess?
Yes, choose the three you feel are best/match the theme the best.
SaiyanHikari wrote: 2. My friend is going to be the "leader" for our masquerade skit. If I understand correctly, I still need to apply on my own cosplay HQ to the masquerade skit, BUT my friend will be the "leader" and thus will name me as a group member. Is this correct? (Let's say my group leader is A, a second friend in the group is B, and then there's me. What do we do?).
If your friend is the leader for your masquerade skit, you don't need to do anything at all. Only the leader needs to fill out the application form.
SaiyanHikari wrote: 3. Back to chess, I would like to have a "backup/support" character for each of my cosplays. However, I am attempting to submit information on cosplay HQ, and it only allows me to have 0 or 1 group members. But what if my backup/support characters are 3 different people?
In generic terms, let's say I have cosplays A (whose support is D), B (whose support is E) and C (whose support is F). I want to apply cosplays A, B, and C as main chess pieces. I want D, E, and F to be my "support" respectively (because A, B and C are different series from each other). Is this one group member limit a bug, or an intentional restriction?
Your friends who want to be support/backup pieces would need to apply on their own, and note that they are intending to be support characters. That particular one was one of the biggest issues we had trying to come up with this system... Not sure if it will wind up changing slightly down the line or not. In the meantime I will also adjust the group member number so you can let us know about the support characters there as well (will have to be later tonight when I get home from work though).
Lyndsey Zusi
Attendee 2003 - 2009

SaiyanHikari
Expert Poster

Post by SaiyanHikari » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:09 am

Actually, now that you mention it, what is the theme for chess this year? I cannot seem to find it (or maybe I'm just blind or something) anywhere. Is it the folklore/Tales of the Yokai theme? If so, I don't get who is fighting who in chess (like last year's good vs evil theme)?

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by Kiarrens » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:27 pm

SaiyanHikari wrote:Actually, now that you mention it, what is the theme for chess this year? I cannot seem to find it (or maybe I'm just blind or something) anywhere. Is it the folklore/Tales of the Yokai theme? If so, I don't get who is fighting who in chess (like last year's good vs evil theme)?
Oh goodness. With all the furor over the new system we never officially announced it, did we?!

This year's theme is indeed tied in with the convention theme. It is LIVING vs. DEAD/SPIRIT.
Lyndsey Zusi
Attendee 2003 - 2009

RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Kiarrens wrote:
SaiyanHikari wrote:Actually, now that you mention it, what is the theme for chess this year? I cannot seem to find it (or maybe I'm just blind or something) anywhere. Is it the folklore/Tales of the Yokai theme? If so, I don't get who is fighting who in chess (like last year's good vs evil theme)?
Oh goodness. With all the furor over the new system we never officially announced it, did we?!

This year's theme is indeed tied in with the convention theme. It is LIVING vs. DEAD/SPIRIT.
Well, now I HAVE to finish my Sae costume and get a picture so I can enter :D I'd be perfect!!
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)

blackhatpirate
I'm new!

Post by blackhatpirate » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:19 am

can i just go ahead and assume i'm not allowed to be in the hall cosplay, since i haven't gotten any replies, or emails, or anything at all and seriously do feel like i am being ignored. i would understand that i have been told people in my fandom aren't always allowed to events. mostly by other cosplayers but i'm pretty sure that it's not true, i would like to know why no one has gotten back to me on this in any more productive way though. it would be nice.

lordofvt
AB Executive

Post by lordofvt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:45 am

blackhatpirate wrote:can i just go ahead and assume i'm not allowed to be in the hall cosplay, since i haven't gotten any replies, or emails, or anything at all and seriously do feel like i am being ignored. i would understand that i have been told people in my fandom aren't always allowed to events. mostly by other cosplayers but i'm pretty sure that it's not true, i would like to know why no one has gotten back to me on this in any more productive way though. it would be nice.
I can tell you that no one is ignoring you. We just got the list of entries that applied before this past Sunday. I'll PM you shortly with what we have for your application.

To everyone, we are going though the applicants for the Hall Cosplay and Masquerade this week. No one person or group has been intentionally ignored. If you wish to contact me directly you can use the contact form.
Andrew Reckers
Director of Programming

FarFromRedemption
Dedicated Poster

Post by FarFromRedemption » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:56 pm

lordofvt wrote: I can tell you that no one is ignoring you. We just got the list of entries that applied before this past Sunday. I'll PM you shortly with what we have for your application.

To everyone, we are going though the applicants for the Hall Cosplay and Masquerade this week. No one person or group has been intentionally ignored. If you wish to contact me directly you can use the contact form.
Hello,
I have submitted another message via the contact form regarding my application to the hall cosplay contest. I submitted my application on 2/20/2013 and have not recived any type of reply since that time. Like I said I just submitted another message via the contact form. Please be on the wtach for that and thank you for any help you can offer.
Potential Cosplays for 2019
Ban (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Hisoka (HunterxHunter)
Lancer (Fate/Stay Night)
Who knows.....stay tuned

Pklove4games

Post by Pklove4games » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Is the masquerade still on an first come first serve basis? If so with the new ability to edit your application does that effect the time you originally applied for the event?
Anime Boston 2014:
Princes Hilda Link Between Worlds
Meryl Stryfe Trigun
Amelia Earnhart Slayers

Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:49 pm

We'd also like to announce a brand new Cosplay Event, the Original Cosplay Fashion Show! This even is dedicated to those cosplayers who are daring and creative enough to make up their own non-canonical costumes. Series mashups, genderswaps, and completely original characters are all welcomed.

Read more on the Original Cosplay Fashion Show on our Cosplay Games page.

You can sign up for it and other Cosplay Events at the Cosplay HQ.
Chris O'Connell

Merrideath
I'm new!

Experienced a bug...

Post by Merrideath » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 am

Heyo,

As my subject line says: I experienced a bug. Well not sure if it is a bug or the directions are just misleading.

On the portion to sign up for the Original Costume Fashion Show it has a section in "Other Info" where it asks you to provide a description of the character you are going to be for the event. It says you can provide 30 seconds or 3 short paragraphs, but it will only let me type 12 and a half words (which I don't think my vocabulary is that long and sophisticated). I saved what I wanted to write, just in case the people who are setting the event up want to see my completed 2 paragraph entry.

Am I experiencing a bug or do they want me to explain 4 questions worth of material in 12 short words?

Merrideath

Faceman
AB Executive

Re: Experienced a bug...

Post by Faceman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Merrideath wrote:Heyo,

As my subject line says: I experienced a bug. Well not sure if it is a bug or the directions are just misleading.

On the portion to sign up for the Original Costume Fashion Show it has a section in "Other Info" where it asks you to provide a description of the character you are going to be for the event. It says you can provide 30 seconds or 3 short paragraphs, but it will only let me type 12 and a half words (which I don't think my vocabulary is that long and sophisticated). I saved what I wanted to write, just in case the people who are setting the event up want to see my completed 2 paragraph entry.

Am I experiencing a bug or do they want me to explain 4 questions worth of material in 12 short words?
Right-o, another bug. That was a mistake on my part. I've fixed it, so please try again.
Chris O'Connell

saffieb
Expert Poster

Post by saffieb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 am

I just realized something about my application.

I am using the costume shown in my profile picture, but since that picture was taken, my hairstyle has been changed. It's shorter, not as...fluffy, and it's going to be dyed instead of sprayed. Will that make a large impact on my application?
AB 2010- Cosplay Pink Haired Geisha
AB 2011- Cosplay Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario + Vampire)
AB 2012- Cosplay Midori Kasunago (Midori No Hibi); AMV Romance Entry "Waiting All My Life"
AB 2013- Cosplay Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario + Vampire); AMV Drama Entry "Twice as Many Stars"
AB 2014- AMV Drama Entry "In Memorium"
AB 2016- Cosplay Anthro Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony)
AB 2017- Cosplay Dark Mousey/Daisuke Niwa (DN Angel)

Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:03 pm

If your cosplay at convention will be different than the picture provided, then please make note of it in the "other info" section by your costume. You can go back and edit your applications any time before May 1st.
So in regards to your hair question: just explain in the section what you will be doing with your hair, and how it will look/be different than in the picture.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Photoshoot Wrangler- 2019

Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:31 pm

You could also take a new photo and upload it to your costume's information. As Ficus stated, you can change it before May 1st. So if you update your costume's photo, it'll update the photo Staff sees on your application :)
Chris O'Connell

saffieb
Expert Poster

Post by saffieb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Faceman wrote:You could also take a new photo and upload it to your costume's information. As Ficus stated, you can change it before May 1st. So if you update your costume's photo, it'll update the photo Staff sees on your application :)
I would do that, but I only have enough dye for one time- and my job's dress code is waaayyy too strict. So I'll have to update the info instead. Thanks for all of your help.
AB 2010- Cosplay Pink Haired Geisha
AB 2011- Cosplay Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario + Vampire)
AB 2012- Cosplay Midori Kasunago (Midori No Hibi); AMV Romance Entry "Waiting All My Life"
AB 2013- Cosplay Mizore Shirayuki (Rosario + Vampire); AMV Drama Entry "Twice as Many Stars"
AB 2014- AMV Drama Entry "In Memorium"
AB 2016- Cosplay Anthro Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony)
AB 2017- Cosplay Dark Mousey/Daisuke Niwa (DN Angel)

darkccute
I'm new!

Post by darkccute » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:17 pm

hi there
I just bit worry about do you still have my form ? when do you send to us for information about it ? I got a this in last month " Hello!

We here in Hall Cosplay are excited to inform you that you have been accepted into this year's contest! In the next few weeks we will contact you with all the info you need to know regarding the times and specific locations you need to be at for your costume to be inspected by our team of judges. Good luck in the judging and we look forward to seeing you in May!
Again my apologies for our technical issues and a massive influx of entries once the announcement was made saying you be notified in a week, this took a bit longer then planned.

R Wright Hall Cosplay Coordinator".

RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:01 pm

darkccute wrote:hi there
I just bit worry about do you still have my form ? when do you send to us for information about it ? I got a this in last month " Hello!

We here in Hall Cosplay are excited to inform you that you have been accepted into this year's contest! In the next few weeks we will contact you with all the info you need to know regarding the times and specific locations you need to be at for your costume to be inspected by our team of judges. Good luck in the judging and we look forward to seeing you in May!
Again my apologies for our technical issues and a massive influx of entries once the announcement was made saying you be notified in a week, this took a bit longer then planned.

R Wright Hall Cosplay Coordinator".
Did acceptance letters for Hall Cosplay get sent out?? Did rejection letters? Because I got neither, but I did apply! :(
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)

AlbinoShadow
Expert Poster

Post by AlbinoShadow » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:51 pm

RapaxGuardian wrote:Did acceptance letters for Hall Cosplay get sent out?? Did rejection letters? Because I got neither, but I did apply! :(
I have the same question about masquerade skit acceptances/rejections. I've received no communication thus far and soon I need to tell my friend whether or not I will attend the formal dance with her on Saturday night. Thanks! 8-)
AlbinoShadow Cosplay on Facebook
Cosplay Blog

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.

lordofvt
AB Executive

Post by lordofvt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 am

AlbinoShadow wrote:
RapaxGuardian wrote:Did acceptance letters for Hall Cosplay get sent out?? Did rejection letters? Because I got neither, but I did apply! :(
I have the same question about masquerade skit acceptances/rejections. I've received no communication thus far and soon I need to tell my friend whether or not I will attend the formal dance with her on Saturday night. Thanks! 8-)
They did go out a few weeks ago. If you did not receive something, can you PM me with the skit title that you applied with?
Andrew Reckers
Director of Programming

Lora Flora Dora
I'm new!

Post by Lora Flora Dora » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:44 am

Have you gotten back to everyone who was accepted/applied to the Hall Cosplay Contest? I applied and have not heard back and I'm worried I may have missed the email or you guys did not get my application.

Thanks!

Renaissance
Veteran Poster

Post by Renaissance » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Lora Flora Dora -Yes everyone in the contest has been contacted.
Hall Cosplay Coordinator - 13, 14
Masq Staff - 10, 11, 12
Rachel Wright

Lora Flora Dora
I'm new!

Post by Lora Flora Dora » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:35 pm

So if I applied but was never contacted, I didn't make it?

Renaissance
Veteran Poster

Post by Renaissance » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Messaged you I don't want anyone left out and miffed about the contest.
Hall Cosplay Coordinator - 13, 14
Masq Staff - 10, 11, 12
Rachel Wright

artistchick2008
I'm new!

Post by artistchick2008 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi, I'm having trouble posting pictures for one of my costumes in the cosplay HQ. I know we're allowed up to 3 pictures, but right now I only have one, and can't for some reason post another even though they are also under the 2mb size limit. I was hoping to get a picture up with a better shot of my costume before the deadline, which I know is tomorrow.

This is the error I keep getting:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2568 bytes) in /home/abmain/public_html/system/libraries/Image_lib.php on line 1155
~Growing up happens when you start having things you look back on and wish you could change~

Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Re: The Cosplay HQ is now closed.

Post by Sakura-chan » Sun May 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Quick question...When will applicants for the cosplay games be contacted? (or have they been already?) I just want to make sure that I don't miss an e-mail (my inbox is flooded every day with store offers and stuff because I sign up for WAY too many things.) :lol:
'06: Sakura (Naruto)
'07: Sakura (Naruto)
'09: Hungary (Hetalia)
'13: Euphemia (Code Geass, for the Spirit Ball!), Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
'16: Saber EXTRA (Fate/EXTRA), Rose Quartz (SU)

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by Kiarrens » Mon May 06, 2013 10:04 am

Sakura-chan wrote:Quick question...When will applicants for the cosplay games be contacted? (or have they been already?) I just want to make sure that I don't miss an e-mail (my inbox is flooded every day with store offers and stuff because I sign up for WAY too many things.) :lol:
I can't speak for the other coordinators, but I am almost ready to publish my results for chess. As each coordinator publishes results an automated email will be sent to you alerting you to check the Cosplay HQ. :)
Lyndsey Zusi
Attendee 2003 - 2009

Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura-chan » Mon May 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks a bunch! I really should have applied for Chess, but I was unsure about it and running too close to the deadline. Good luck with everything!
'06: Sakura (Naruto)
'07: Sakura (Naruto)
'09: Hungary (Hetalia)
'13: Euphemia (Code Geass, for the Spirit Ball!), Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
'16: Saber EXTRA (Fate/EXTRA), Rose Quartz (SU)

Wilderstorm
Expert Poster

Post by Wilderstorm » Mon May 06, 2013 7:01 pm

I tried to contact the Games Coordinator a few days ago to see if I could add a last-minute cosplay and to make sure that it was clear that I have a Kuronue to go with my Youko cosplay in all events in which he is entered. I haven't heard back. Do you know if there's just a backup of messages, or should I send it again?
2007: Kaiser Ryo (Yu-Gi-Oh GX)
2008: Neji Hyuuga (Naruto)
2009: Zero (Code Geass R2), Artbook Lelouch
2010: Hotaru (Samurai Deeper Kyo MANGA)
2011: Kallen Kouzuki (Code Geass R1)
2012: Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Kallen Kouzuki, Cheren (Pokemon Black and White), Kaiser Ryo, Zero (Event-only), Neji (Event-only)
2013: Hishigi (Samurai Deeper Kyo), Youko Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho), Rin Matsuoka (Free!/Swimming Anime)

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by Kiarrens » Tue May 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Wilderstorm wrote:I tried to contact the Games Coordinator a few days ago to see if I could add a last-minute cosplay and to make sure that it was clear that I have a Kuronue to go with my Youko cosplay in all events in which he is entered. I haven't heard back. Do you know if there's just a backup of messages, or should I send it again?
Email me the changes you would like and I will take care of it for you.
animebostonchess {at} gmail {dot} com.
Lyndsey Zusi
Attendee 2003 - 2009

akucrisp

Post by akucrisp » Fri May 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Any idea when the original fashion show contestants will be notified? I'm really excited! Thank you so much AB staff for being so helpful and informative!

Haru
Veteran Poster

Post by Haru » Fri May 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Kiarrens wrote: I can't speak for the other coordinators, but I am almost ready to publish my results for chess. As each coordinator publishes results an automated email will be sent to you alerting you to check the Cosplay HQ. :)
I know that Chess and Death Match have made their picks and notifications were sent out, but is there any word on the other events yet? I was wondering if there was a glitch with the new system and I missed a notice or if the Dating Games and Family Feud had yet to make casting decisions? As of now my Cosplay HQ page still says "Pending" for both events.
AB 2018 Featured Panelist!
Mongols Can’t Swim: Touring the Battlefields of the Mongol Invasion of Japan
Gaijins, Girls, and Guns: America in Japanese Pop Culture
Yanderes 2.Oh Hell No! (18+)
Stringed Instruments of Japan
Titans vs. Mecha . . . In Space!
Orange is the new black: Love, Loss, and Science Fiction
The Gundam and the Cross: Religious Symbolism in Gundam Seed

snapelicious
AB Staff

Post by snapelicious » Sun May 12, 2013 12:22 am

So, I just applied to the OC Fashion show, which still had it's application page unlocked... but upon returning to HQ, all of my other applications disappeared. I'd already heard back from a few of them, however, I had several that were still pending review, and were now *poof* gone. Is that just a bug on my end, or did all of the coordinators also lose my application?
Cait Webber
After Dark Dating Coordinator
Cosplay Games Staff 2019

Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman » Sun May 12, 2013 11:06 am

snapelicious wrote:So, I just applied to the OC Fashion show, which still had it's application page unlocked... but upon returning to HQ, all of my other applications disappeared. I'd already heard back from a few of them, however, I had several that were still pending review, and were now *poof* gone. Is that just a bug on my end, or did all of the coordinators also lose my application?
Big oopsies. That was a bug you encountered (now entering the Viridian Forest). I fixed that part of it, so it shouldn't happen again.

As to your missing applications, I restored them from what they were the morning of May 11 (yay nightly backups!), and left your OC Fashion show as it was when you entered it. If you check your Cosplay HQ page now, you should see everything there. If anything's missing or incorrect, please contact the Cosplay Games Coordinator and they can edit your apps via their administration portal.

Sorry about all this, but thanks for being a QA tester! :)
Chris O'Connell