New Masquerade Coordinator

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
LeeleeTheBunny
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

New Masquerade Coordinator

Post by LeeleeTheBunny » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:41 am

Hello cosplayers,

You will notice the lack of a staff icon when I post this. That's because I decided to step down as Masquerade Coordinator. Originally, I was going to avoid discussing it on here, but I felt that you deserved to know because I'm essentially abandoning you which I truly feel terrible about. I love running this show, I love helping you make your ideas come to life on stage so you can enjoy being in the spotlight and getting the praise and attention you deserve. I love that. And I can't thank you all enough for enjoying what I have done for Anime Boston so much. The only reason I do it is for you guys. This year unfortunately it is just too much emotionally to bear anymore. I can't stand working with the division heads in programming anymore and I'm tired of being bullied. I've spent the last three years running this show ecstatic for all of you for three days and for the other 361 crying about something dealing with staff. I am weak and unfortunately I just can't take it this year. I'm graduating college and I have a lot on my plate. I just know for those who have seen or been in my shows you KNOW how much I love it and how much I love working with you, so I just hope to goodness you get that I would only step down if something really horrific were making me.

I didn't leave you completely high and dry though. Danielle Duperre will be the new coordinator. For those who were in the show this past year you would have seen her at the check in table in Masq HQ and backstage and the previous year you would have seen her backstage. I think she was probably helping backstage in 2009 as well. She's very organized and level-headed. She will give you a great show and she will be able to skirt around an emotional burden that I previously had to bear completely alone. I want to pour out my soul to everyone so you see what I went through and why I am making this decision but that would be completely off-base I guess.

Perhaps it is unprofessional, but I felt like if it weren't so clear that I was a real person with real person fears and doubts then it would be so easy to think that I was just bailing on you guys and that is certainly not what I am doing. Yes, I am running away hard and fast from my own hideous demons, but I hope to leave you with something better in the long run.

If you have any questions you can post them here, I'll answer honestly.

Good luck, guys. I hope you really bring your stuff next year and make Danielle really welcome. She's ready to work super hard for you!

Lindsay, Signing off.
Masquerade Coordinator 2009-2011
Video Gaming Coordinator 2011
Executive Advisory Board 2011

Gale
Veteran Poster

Re: New Masquerade Coordinator

Post by Gale » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:41 am

Lindsay! You are not weak and you are not running away. You are making a very smart decision in regard to your sanity and mental heath. Senior year of college is a very hectic time and running a masq (I imagine, having never filled that capacity at a con before) is a huge undertaking, two things that together would be an INCREDIBLE stress on one individual. You have led us well the past three years, but there is NOTHING wrong with taking some time for yourself like this. I'm going to leave my comments re: other issues you cite contributing to this for private but for the fact I'm very sorry to hear that is the case.

Good luck at college and I hope I get to cosplay with you at the con (you know what group I'm talking about ;) OH YEAH!). You are amazing, and never forget it. <3

LittleShadowPC
Determined Poster

Post by LittleShadowPC » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:08 am

I'm sad to hear such news. Thought I only have been in one Masquerade skit, meeting you last year was an honor because you were so sweet. You handle our troubling audio well and you gave us so much encouragement in fixing the issues. I have friends that have been in the Masquerade more than I have and they have told me wonderful things about you too.
I wish you the best of luck though, you will do wonderful things. And I also hope that you can still enjoy Anime Boston the next years and not have so much emotional stress.
Thank you for being a great coordinator!
Last edited by LittleShadowPC on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AB '09
AB '10
AB '11
AB '12
AB '13
AB '14

Anime Boston 2015; Get Ready to Battle!

Cosplay Plans~*
Wadanohara- Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea (100%)
Toph- Avatar: The Last Airbender (100%)

(*ノ∀`*)

DagaYemar
Expert Poster

Post by DagaYemar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:38 am

Leelee, your first Masquerade in 2009 was also mine. That was the first time I got onstage and to be honest, you were the one who was calm enough to set my nerves straight backstage. In each of the Masqs since you have been just wonderful and while I'm sad to see you go, I understand that sometimes things just happen. It is truly an end of an era.

In an effort to lighten the mood, now I understand why the theme is post-apocalyptic! Eh? ... too soon? Sorry for my bad taste... :cry:

Anyway, you've been a great coordinator and friend to the competitors. So relax and enjoy yourself this year. You deserve it!
I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.

LeeleeTheBunny

Post by LeeleeTheBunny » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 pm

You guys are gonna make me cry! I'm getting all misty!

binary
Committed Poster

Post by binary » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

LeeleeTheBunny wrote:Hello cosplayers,

I didn't leave you completely high and dry though. Danielle Duperre will be the new coordinator. For those who were in the show this past year you would have seen her at the check in table in Masq HQ and backstage and the previous year you would have seen her backstage. I think she was probably helping backstage in 2009 as well. She's very organized and level-headed. She will give you a great show and she will be able to skirt around an emotional burden that I previously had to bear completely alone. I want to pour out my soul to everyone so you see what I went through and why I am making this decision but that would be completely off-base I guess.

Lindsay,

I would like to express my thanks as well as Anime Bostons for the amazing Masquerades you have lead over the past years. It is sad to see you go, I wish I fully understood the issues involved. It is unfortunate that that the division of personal issues and convention related business was clouded here. However this is not the best place to discuss personal issues.

I sincerely wish you the best luck in your future endeavors.

Anime Boston Masquerade Participants and Attendees,

I do need to make one thing clear, a Masquerade coordinator has not been chosen yet, we have had many applicants including Danielle apply. This is a decision that has to be made by division heads as it is ultimately their responsibility. It is a difficult decision to make with all the qualified applicants that have applied, but we hope to have this decided upon by the end of this week.
Nick Binary Amento
Tech - Special Projects
ABs past:
Director of Programming
Assistant Director of Programming
Head Bottle Washer

AnimeGuru06
I'm Special!

Post by AnimeGuru06 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Lindsay!

Thank you ever so much for being a wonderful Masquerade Coordinator! I never really got close to you to be friends but I appreciate all the hard work you have put into staffing! I hope you don't overwhelm yourself so much that you become sick. I(and pretty sure most of us) Would like you to take it easy so you can still walk the convention or maybe take up a different staffing position. I don't know if I speak for myself here but you are a terrific person(mostly going by what people have told me and reading your posts on the forums. I can't truly thank you enough for going through all of that!

As I said before: Just try not to overwhelm yourself too much and take it easy! :D

~Thanks!~ :P :D
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16

Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm gonna miss you Leelee, thank you for all your hard work over the years, accommadating my last minute skit changes, stopping Rebecca Black, and making backstage at the masq a little less hectic.
And even if you're stepping down I just want you to know:
Each time you try, gonna get just a little bit better.
Each day you climb, one more step up the ladder.
It's a whole new world we live in.
It's a whole new way to see.
It's a whole new place, with a brand new attitude.
But you still gotta digivolve,
Cause digimon are the champions!
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Photoshoot Wrangler- 2019

LeeleeTheBunny

Post by LeeleeTheBunny » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Thank you so much you guys it really makes me feel like I did something good for you. I guess there was a miscommunication, I thought Danielle had been decided on but I guess not. Sorry! Communication at this event is really terrible which causes things like this to happen a lot. I'm sure you'll know when they decide finally on a new coordinator. Or I hope you do at least, like I said communication is pretty bad.

Lindsay

Dragonmaster Lou
Show-off

Post by Dragonmaster Lou » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:37 am

Sorry to see you go, Lindsay. I enjoyed working with you and coordinating across panels/masquerade/etc. as necessary over the past couple of years.
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!

LeeleeTheBunny

Post by LeeleeTheBunny » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:44 pm

You too, Lou! You've always been one of my favorite people to work with and consistently put your all into panels. Good luck for next year, I'm sure you'll do an amazing job again though.

JReckers
I'm Special!

Post by JReckers » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Hope to see you at AB at least! If you want, you can always babysit video rooms :P
Jeff Reckers
Assistant Director of Technical Operations

MidnightSiren182
AB Staff

Post by MidnightSiren182 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 pm

It sounds like you made a good call stepping down if your personal life is too busy, staff burn out is always something to be careful for. Especially with finishing school and as young as you are, now is the time to sort all that real life stuff out before taking on more con life responsibilities again so you don't feel overwhelmed.
Good luck with it all.
Lauren Gallo
2018 Vice Chair

Powerful! Crush the lesser races! Conquer the galaxy! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING! ET CETERA, ET CETERA!