Props and the Formal Ball

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Angel ♥︎
Veteran Poster

Props and the Formal Ball

Post by Angel ♥︎ » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 pm

(Please lock if thread exists)

So I've been wondering this all day now, the idea's been sort of bugging me. If you have a cosplay with a prop and you plan to change for the formal ball (for me, Maka and the scythe), what exactly would you do with the prop...? Meaning if you have no one to hold it for you outside of the formal ball.
'11: Evangeline A.K. McDowell
'13: Len Kagamine
'14: Marry Kozakura
'15: [no cosplay]

Art // Tumblr // Twitter // Art Blog

MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Props and the Formal Ball

Post by MomoMiraculous » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm pretty sure you can't bring props in there with you. I know you can't for the informal dances at night so I imagine the same rules apply. They haven't updated the rules for 2012 yet but generally the best idea is to leave it with someone you trust who is not attending the event or leave it in your hotel room. If you leave it unattended anywhere else, there's no knowing what might happen to it and AB staff wouldn't be responsible/able to watch it for you.
Planned Cosplays for AB 2019
Uraraka- BNHA
Nora- RWBY
Soul- Soul Eater
Chat Noir- Miraculous
Pidge- Voltron
Noctis- Final Fantasy XV

Icchysgirl
Veteran Poster

Re: Props and the Formal Ball

Post by Icchysgirl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 pm

You can always have the hotel store it for you for something like two bucks they are always very
helpful. Last year I had three very large bags checked into holding with them for nine bucks and
the older man who helped us was very patient and kind. He helped with putting them on a cart and
even made a few short jokes about how heavy our bags were and how he should charge more (he didn't)
I think they only charge you if you don't have a room ^^ we didn't
Sometimes my motorcycle just doesn't work ...
Sometimes I don't draw the right cards ...
And sometimes I have a man crush on Yugi
Plans for 2014 - Female Yusei