Cosplot question.

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

Cosplot question.

Post by Mama Undertaker » Tue May 17, 2011 2:04 am

We are interested, if possible, on how to get in to cosplot. We know we have to wait for certain dates like for chess and masq, but we wish to know what will be needed for applying. We are also interested in what needs to be done for prep work before con so we know what will be required of us.

please and thank you for any information you can give at this time.
Anime Boston 2014 Booya peoples I am coming back!! I have for my Line up Captain James Kidd (AC4) Queen Undertaker and regular Undertaker (black butler, Raichu (pokemon)

LeeleeTheBunny
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Cosplot question.

Post by LeeleeTheBunny » Wed May 18, 2011 3:45 am

If I recall, and I expect Lyndsey to chime in, but you need to list your available costumes and what other events you will be participating in since it's pretty much a full con commitment.

Lindsay
Masquerade Coordinator 2009-2011
Video Gaming Coordinator 2011
Executive Advisory Board 2011

Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

Cosplot question.

Post by Mama Undertaker » Wed May 18, 2011 1:04 pm

i know that much cause if you get in you have to do opening ceramonies, masq, chess, closing. and a few other odd ball things but I am more concerned with anything that has to be done before con and if there is a date of sign up. I have never seen anything for it personally but then again it was never something I was looking for.
Anime Boston 2014 Booya peoples I am coming back!! I have for my Line up Captain James Kidd (AC4) Queen Undertaker and regular Undertaker (black butler, Raichu (pokemon)

Ficus
AB Staff

Cosplot question.

Post by Ficus » Wed May 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Cosplot has its own application, just like Chess and the Dating Games. You can find the general page here. I think it manages to outline quite a bit about the process. The application for that year will go up around the same time Chess and the dating game apps go up, so check back in a few months for the new application and cut off dates.

Cosplot involvement itself can range from multiple appearances (like Team Time Travel from the past two years), to simply a small interruption during one of the games (like Genma Saotome in chess this year). But be prepared to give most of your con time to cosplot when you sign up, since theres a lot that happens offstage, and you never know how much the powers-that-be will want you involved.

The year's continuing story starts friday night at the 18+ dating game and concludes at Chess on Sunday. Opening and closing ceremonies are not part of cosplot. That is handled by the official mascots for the year, who have their own storyline.

I hope this answered some of your questions, but someone on cosplay staff is more than welcome to correct me and add in anything additional I may have forgotten.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Photoshoot Wrangler- 2019

Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

Cosplot question.

Post by Mama Undertaker » Thu May 19, 2011 2:49 am

thank you ficus your a doll

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Cosplot question.

Post by Kiarrens » Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Ficus wrote: I hope this answered some of your questions, but someone on cosplay staff is more than welcome to correct me and add in anything additional I may have forgotten.
Everything she said. I'll add that you may be asked to put in some pre-convention prep time as well, whether that be as big as helping with the plot or as small as making some props, making a costume we specifically need, or recording lines.
Lyndsey Zusi
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Divison 2019
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

Sakura H
Experienced Poster

Events question

Post by Sakura H » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:26 pm

I am here to ask advice. I read over the cosplot and chess applications and they both would like peole who have already participated in both events. How do others who lack the familiarity of the events get in to gain the knowledge for future years?

thanks
Kingdom hearts --> Axel, Xemnas, Ansem the seeker of darkness, Riku
Pokemon--> Ash Ketchum
Naruto-->Sakura Haruno

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Re: Events question

Post by Kiarrens » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:20 pm

RikuAqua wrote:I am here to ask advice. I read over the cosplot and chess applications and they both would like peole who have already participated in both events. How do others who lack the familiarity of the events get in to gain the knowledge for future years?

thanks
Cosplot requires past participation, because it is very labor-intensive and we like to know who we are working with ahead of time.

Chess, on the other hand, does NOT require past participation. If you have been in an AnimeBoston event before, it will certainly help your chances, but we always allow at least four or five brand new people on the board each year.
Lyndsey Zusi
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

Sakura H
Experienced Poster

Re: Events question

Post by Sakura H » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Kiarrens wrote:
RikuAqua wrote:I am here to ask advice. I read over the cosplot and chess applications and they both would like peole who have already participated in both events. How do others who lack the familiarity of the events get in to gain the knowledge for future years?

thanks
Cosplot requires past participation, because it is very labor-intensive and we like to know who we are working with ahead of time.

Chess, on the other hand, does NOT require past participation. If you have been in an AnimeBoston event before, it will certainly help your chances, but we always allow at least four or five brand new people on the board each year.

As for Cosplot, how do such people gain the required knowledge without being abe to participate in the first place? I understand that there is a preference with exp. people.
Kingdom hearts --> Axel, Xemnas, Ansem the seeker of darkness, Riku
Pokemon--> Ash Ketchum
Naruto-->Sakura Haruno

Ficus
AB Staff

Re: Cosplot question.

Post by Ficus » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Try signing up for Chess or another cosplay game first. Since cosplot happens during these events, one can gain the experience needed for cosplot by first being a regular member in any of the individual events. Kiarren's "past participation" of cosplot referrs to participation as a regular contestant or chess piece in the cosplay games.
By participating in events now, you can gain the knowledge/experience to be in cosplot in future years.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Photoshoot Wrangler- 2019

Kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Re: Cosplot question.

Post by Kiarrens » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:02 am

Ficus is correct. We like to know the people we work with for cosplot. If you've been in the Dating Games or Chess before, you'll have a much much higher chance of being selected. Even better if you have been involved for multiple years, shown up on time, and generally shown us that you're a reliable person.
Lyndsey Zusi
Attendee 2003 - 2009