Masquerade 2023

You don't need to be in costume to post in this cosplay forum... but sometimes it helps.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Masquerade 2023

Post by Nyuu »

Cosplayers everywhere, prepare yourselves, your sewing machines and your creative minds, for the moment of another incredible Masquerade is approaching!

Is this your first ever Masquerade? Have you been competing in it for years?
Either way, there is one very important thing for everyone to keep in mind starting next year. Under the Masquerade umbrella, Craftsmanship and Performance are going to be two separate contests! Participants who want to show off their hours and hours (and hours...) of hard work on homemade cosplays, the Craftsmanship contest is where you'll have the chance to do so in front of our panel of judges. For those participants who'd like to focus on presenting their Broadway-worthy acting skills in cosplay, the Performance contest will provide the opportunity to do so in all kinds of short skits.

Registration for both contests will open on January 1, 2023 and will close on March 18, 2023.
Applications are done right through the Anime Boston Cosplay HQ here:
https://animeboston.com/cosplayhq/

Key things to keep in mind for applications:
Craftsmanship entries are selected on a first-come, first-served basis in the order that applications are received.

Performance entries are selected based on the strength of the concept, script, and audio/video submitted, with reviews of entries beginning on February 17, 2023.

More details on both contests can be found here:
https://www.animeboston.com/cosplay/masquerade/

Further overall information on Masquerade and Cosplay Events can be found here:
https://animeboston.com/cosplay/

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer as quickly as possible! We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.
BreadCosplay
Expert Poster

Re: Masquerade 2023

Post by BreadCosplay »

Hi Brian, I remember last year getting an email from you regarding the masquerade outlining that there's a strict original choreography rule. If my masquerade performance has a homemade video and a short skit accompanying it, is a solo song cover and the choreography is heavily modified (original was a group of 5, modified to be a solo performance) would it qualify for the masquerade? I wanted to double check before putting in my application.
>>>our carrd/socials<<<

MAJIMA'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Goro Majima (Yakuza Kiwami)
BREAD'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Sakura Minamoto (Zombieland SAGA)
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

compressedbread wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:02 pm Hi Brian, I remember last year getting an email from you regarding the masquerade outlining that there's a strict original choreography rule. If my masquerade performance has a homemade video and a short skit accompanying it, is a solo song cover and the choreography is heavily modified (original was a group of 5, modified to be a solo performance) would it qualify for the masquerade? I wanted to double check before putting in my application.
As long as the majority of your choreography itself is original and not just an exact copy of something that exists already, you should be all set!
Brian Magnant

MadameProcrastinator
Getting the hang of this...

Post by MadameProcrastinator »

I have a dumb question about the craftsmanship contest that’s been bothering me since the rules were posted a few weeks ago. Will there be a fashion walk for the craftsmanship participants during the Masquerade like in years past? I have read the rules back and forth multiple times and noticed no mention of it.
Past ABs: 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016 (Friday only), 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
2024 Cosplays: (Maybe!)
Ai Hoshino- Oshi no Ko, Baiken- Guilty Gear, Nona- Death Parade, Mami Tomoe- Madoka Magica
Blackroses1998

Post by Blackroses1998 »

I might have another dumb question but it might be a serious question. I plan on singing a song from Anastasia the musical. On another Forum here I spoke about this performance I possibly have to sit in a chair and have my family helped bring me on and off the stage because of the surgery that's coming the month before. I wanted to bring this up now since Anime Boston is fast approaching and applications start up very soon. Let me know if my question can be answered and what can be done. I cannot wait to see if I get accepted this year because it will be my first year competing in the masquerade.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

MadameProcrastinator wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:16 pm I have a dumb question about the craftsmanship contest that’s been bothering me since the rules were posted a few weeks ago. Will there be a fashion walk for the craftsmanship participants during the Masquerade like in years past? I have read the rules back and forth multiple times and noticed no mention of it.
As of now, the walk across the stage for any interested craftsmanship participants should still be included! This will be mentioned in communication for interested participants leading up to the convention. Just for clarification, this should not be confused with the completely separate Fashion Walk exhibition event which will be on Sunday.
Brian Magnant

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Blackroses1998 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:56 am I might have another dumb question but it might be a serious question. I plan on singing a song from Anastasia the musical. On another Forum here I spoke about this performance I possibly have to sit in a chair and have my family helped bring me on and off the stage because of the surgery that's coming the month before. I wanted to bring this up now since Anime Boston is fast approaching and applications start up very soon. Let me know if my question can be answered and what can be done. I cannot wait to see if I get accepted this year because it will be my first year competing in the masquerade.
This should not be a problem with having your family assist you on and off stage given those circumstances. Just be sure to mention this in your application and we'll certainly do our best to coordinate this for you during the show!
Brian Magnant

Blackroses1998

Post by Blackroses1998 »

Nyuu wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:55 pm
Blackroses1998 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:56 am I might have another dumb question but it might be a serious question. I plan on singing a song from Anastasia the musical. On another Forum here I spoke about this performance I possibly have to sit in a chair and have my family helped bring me on and off the stage because of the surgery that's coming the month before. I wanted to bring this up now since Anime Boston is fast approaching and applications start up very soon. Let me know if my question can be answered and what can be done. I cannot wait to see if I get accepted this year because it will be my first year competing in the masquerade.
This should not be a problem with having your family assist you on and off stage given those circumstances. Just be sure to mention this in your application and we'll certainly do our best to coordinate this for you during the show!
I'm glad to hear it will not be a problem to have my family assist me on and off stage given the circumstances of my surgery. I plan to mention it in my application as soon as they are available. I'm glad you will do your best to coordinate this for me during the show. I do have one question though since my family will be helping me on and off the stage do they need to have access to enter the Masquerade area or is there another thing that has to be done so my family has access to help me. Thank you for answering my question and hopefully I get to perform at this year's masquerade.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Blackroses1998 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:18 pm
I'm glad to hear it will not be a problem to have my family assist me on and off stage given the circumstances of my surgery. I plan to mention it in my application as soon as they are available. I'm glad you will do your best to coordinate this for me during the show. I do have one question though since my family will be helping me on and off the stage do they need to have access to enter the Masquerade area or is there another thing that has to be done so my family has access to help me. Thank you for answering my question and hopefully I get to perform at this year's masquerade.
We'll coordinate with the appropriate passes to allow your family access backstage to help you out as needed!
Brian Magnant

MadameProcrastinator

Post by MadameProcrastinator »

Nyuu wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:50 pm
MadameProcrastinator wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:16 pm I have a dumb question about the craftsmanship contest that’s been bothering me since the rules were posted a few weeks ago. Will there be a fashion walk for the craftsmanship participants during the Masquerade like in years past? I have read the rules back and forth multiple times and noticed no mention of it.
As of now, the walk across the stage for any interested craftsmanship participants should still be included! This will be mentioned in communication for interested participants leading up to the convention. Just for clarification, this should not be confused with the completely separate Fashion Walk exhibition event which will be on Sunday.
Yay! Glad to hear that it's going to be included again this year. I honestly got a little confused when I saw the jump to 45 contestants from previous years and the return of the non-competitive fashion walk. Thanks for the clarification!
Past ABs: 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016 (Friday only), 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
2024 Cosplays: (Maybe!)
Ai Hoshino- Oshi no Ko, Baiken- Guilty Gear, Nona- Death Parade, Mami Tomoe- Madoka Magica
wingedlight

Post by wingedlight »

Hello! I have a quick question regarding applying for the masquerade through cosplay HQ. Are the pictures uploaded there supposed to be of the design, the costume itself, or both? I think HQ says the costume but the masquerade rules state that color reference photos are required so I wasn’t sure what to put.

Thank you!
Blackroses1998

Post by Blackroses1998 »

Nyuu wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:07 pm
Blackroses1998 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:18 pm
We'll coordinate with the appropriate passes to allow your family access backstage to help you out as needed!
I'm happy to hear there will be the appropriate passes to allow my family access backstage help me out as needed!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

wingedlight wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 pm Hello! I have a quick question regarding applying for the masquerade through cosplay HQ. Are the pictures uploaded there supposed to be of the design, the costume itself, or both? I think HQ says the costume but the masquerade rules state that color reference photos are required so I wasn’t sure what to put.

Thank you!
The photos you'll be uploading to cosplay HQ will be of the costume itself, once you have some available of course. The rule regarding at least two color reference photos being required is for the time of judging.
Brian Magnant

K1ttv
I'm new!

Post by K1ttv »

Hello,
What is required on the application when submitting? Dose the cosplay have to be completely finished to submit a application? I had originally thought as well as a feiw others who are new to the masquerade that the application would be needing the references photos and information about the design but not the completed cosplay? Is this wrong I’m just hoping to clarify so make sure I do
Not submit the application wrong!
ash2ash

Post by ash2ash »

Hello!
With the masquerade applications opening soon, I wanted to make sure of what time they'd be open so I could be best prepared. Are they opening right on midnight of January 1st or at some other hour of the day? Thank you!
Anime Boston 2022: Aether (Genshin Impact), Shoto Todoroki (MHA)
Anime Boston 2023: Takumi (FE Fates), Prince Shoto
Anime Boston 2024: Hange Zoe (AoT), Claude (FE 3 Hopes)
ksmurf
AB Executive

Post by ksmurf »

ashtonjk wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:21 pm Hello!
With the masquerade applications opening soon, I wanted to make sure of what time they'd be open so I could be best prepared. Are they opening right on midnight of January 1st or at some other hour of the day? Thank you!
All cosplay event applications will be opening at NOON (12pm EST) tomorrow (January 1).
Alison Bird
Director of Programming 2024
ash2ash

Post by ash2ash »

ksmurf wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:39 pm
ashtonjk wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:21 pm Hello!
All cosplay event applications will be opening at NOON (12pm EST) tomorrow (January 1).
Got it, thank you so much!
Anime Boston 2022: Aether (Genshin Impact), Shoto Todoroki (MHA)
Anime Boston 2023: Takumi (FE Fates), Prince Shoto
Anime Boston 2024: Hange Zoe (AoT), Claude (FE 3 Hopes)
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

K1ttv wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:55 pm Hello,
What is required on the application when submitting? Dose the cosplay have to be completely finished to submit a application? I had originally thought as well as a feiw others who are new to the masquerade that the application would be needing the references photos and information about the design but not the completed cosplay? Is this wrong I’m just hoping to clarify so make sure I do
Not submit the application wrong!
Upon your initial submission, reference photos are absolutely fine, especially if your cosplay isn't done! You can update your photos in Cosplay HQ as time goes on though if you'd like!
Brian Magnant

hanaperi.studio

Post by hanaperi.studio »

I am currently contemplating whether or not to enter my cosplay for craftsmanship. It isn't my first cosplay (actually my fourth) but my first time entering into a competition, so I think it would be the novice tier. I am in the process of sewing the dress myself, but the petticoats will likely be purchased. I also plan to attach decorations like embroidery appliques which are also pre-made. Would these things disqualify me or give me significant score deductions?
AB 2023
FRI: Shibuya Kanon, Yuigaoka Uniform (Love Live! Superstar)
SAT: Wien Margarete, Butterfly Wing (Love Live! Superstar)
SUN: Mifune Shioriko, Emotion (Love Live! Nijigasaki)

AB 2022
FRI: Shibuya Kanon, Yuigaoka Uniform (Love Live! Superstar)
SAT: Uehara Ayumu, Yume e no Ippo (Love Live! Nijigasaki)
BreadCosplay
Expert Poster

Post by BreadCosplay »

Will updating my masquerade application bump me to the back of the line in order of applications received or will it keep its original spot and date?
>>>our carrd/socials<<<

MAJIMA'S AB 2024 LINEUP
BREAD'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Blackroses1998

Post by Blackroses1998 »

I just updated my application for this year's masquerade with the song file. I was wondering since I did update it will it be moved up or down the list when viewing the applications. I will add I did add it to my flash drive in case if there are any issues with the song file being uploaded to the application
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

hanaperi.studio wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:32 pm I am currently contemplating whether or not to enter my cosplay for craftsmanship. It isn't my first cosplay (actually my fourth) but my first time entering into a competition, so I think it would be the novice tier. I am in the process of sewing the dress myself, but the petticoats will likely be purchased. I also plan to attach decorations like embroidery appliques which are also pre-made. Would these things disqualify me or give me significant score deductions?
We certainly encourage anyone interested to enter once they feel ready! As far as using found pieces. we do ask that you do your best to keep it to a minimum. While it may naturally affect your score, the most important thing during judging is to be honest about what you made and what you bought.
Brian Magnant

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

compressedbread wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:00 pm Will updating my masquerade application bump me to the back of the line in order of applications received or will it keep its original spot and date?
Performance entries are chosen on the strength of the concept, script, and audio/video as opposed to the order in which they are received. We certainly expect updates to happen with scripts and audio/video, so please feel free to update them as needed without worry!
Brian Magnant

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Blackroses1998 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:01 am I just updated my application for this year's masquerade with the song file. I was wondering since I did update it will it be moved up or down the list when viewing the applications. I will add I did add it to my flash drive in case if there are any issues with the song file being uploaded to the application
Performance entries are chosen on the strength of the concept, script, and audio/video as opposed to the order in which they are received. We certainly expect updates to happen with scripts and audio/video, so please feel free to update them as needed without worry! If we run into any issues with the A/V at the time of review, we will reach out to let you know.
Brian Magnant

BreadCosplay
Expert Poster

Post by BreadCosplay »

do we know the dimensions of the screen at the masquerade? so we can take that into account with our A/V file?
>>>our carrd/socials<<<

MAJIMA'S AB 2024 LINEUP
BREAD'S AB 2024 LINEUP
ioneyes
I'm new!

Post by ioneyes »

Hello all, I have a bit of a question.
I saw in regards to Anime Boston's cosplay event policy that most events prefer to have characters from anime or Asian media, however I am not much of an anime cosplayer anymore and often cosplay from Western media.

I've been working on a competition piece for a couple months now that I would like to enter from Critical Role and I was wondering if this is permitted for the craftsmanship portion of the masquerade? I did some digging around for answers but wasn't quite sure (to be fair, I'm at work and I'm looking around while I should be doing my job so I admit I'm not looking too intently). Could someone clarify for me if non-anime related costumes are permitted in the craftsmanship contest?

Thank you!
AB 2023 Cosplans
Essek Thelyss
Wadanohara
Orym of the Air Ashari
The Professor
wingedlight

Post by wingedlight »

Hello! For those who applied for the masquerade (craftsmanship), will we have to wait until applications close in March to know if we were accepted, or will we start being notified on a rolling basis as applications are reviewed and approved?
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

compressedbread wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:57 am do we know the dimensions of the screen at the masquerade? so we can take that into account with our A/V file?
Off hand I'm not sure but I would say you can comfortably refer to the recommended settings for AMVs (given that they use the same screen) which are:

1280x720 or 1920x1080 for widescreen, 960x720 or 1440x1080 for fullscreen

If you'd like confirmation of exact dimensions, we can certainly try to find out for you!
Brian Magnant

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

ioneyes wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:16 pm Hello all, I have a bit of a question.
I saw in regards to Anime Boston's cosplay event policy that most events prefer to have characters from anime or Asian media, however I am not much of an anime cosplayer anymore and often cosplay from Western media.

I've been working on a competition piece for a couple months now that I would like to enter from Critical Role and I was wondering if this is permitted for the craftsmanship portion of the masquerade? I did some digging around for answers but wasn't quite sure (to be fair, I'm at work and I'm looking around while I should be doing my job so I admit I'm not looking too intently). Could someone clarify for me if non-anime related costumes are permitted in the craftsmanship contest?

Thank you!
The general rule as written out in the Cosplay Guidelines is that "cosplay from certain non-Japanese media that has been ruled to be sufficiently inspired by Japanese media and culture in terms of both concept and style will also be permitted"

In this case unfortunately, Critical Role would not qualify as it does not have said inspiration (but as a fellow Critter, I hope to see your costume!)
Brian Magnant

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

wingedlight wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:12 pm Hello! For those who applied for the masquerade (craftsmanship), will we have to wait until applications close in March to know if we were accepted, or will we start being notified on a rolling basis as applications are reviewed and approved?
We'll be notifying participants who have been accepted starting February 25th!
Brian Magnant

wingedlight

Post by wingedlight »

Nyuu wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:32 pm
wingedlight wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:12 pm Hello! For those who applied for the masquerade (craftsmanship), will we have to wait until applications close in March to know if we were accepted, or will we start being notified on a rolling basis as applications are reviewed and approved?
We'll be notifying participants who have been accepted starting February 25th!
Awesome, thanks for the info!
ioneyes
I'm new!

Post by ioneyes »

Nyuu wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:27 pm
ioneyes wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:16 pm Hello all, I have a bit of a question.

Thank you!
The general rule as written out in the Cosplay Guidelines is that "cosplay from certain non-Japanese media that has been ruled to be sufficiently inspired by Japanese media and culture in terms of both concept and style will also be permitted"

In this case unfortunately, Critical Role would not qualify as it does not have said inspiration (but as a fellow Critter, I hope to see your costume!)
Thank you for answering! I actually committed to entering the cosplay for Anime North's contest instead but I do have another cosplay from a Japanese indie game in the works that I've decided to finish for the Anime Boston contest instead!

(And btw, the CR cosplay in question was Essek, I think I'll probably be wearing him on Friday instead.)
AB 2023 Cosplans
Essek Thelyss
Wadanohara
Orym of the Air Ashari
The Professor
ekalys
I'm new!

Post by ekalys »

Do we have to have an AV file inluded in our initial application for performance or can we upload it after we learn whether or not we've been accetpted?
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

ekalys wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:55 pm Do we have to have an AV file inluded in our initial application for performance or can we upload it after we learn whether or not we've been accetpted?
While it's not required right away, having an A/V file at the time of application reviews certainly does help in the decision process to give us a better idea of the concept as a whole.
Brian Magnant

Blackroses1998

Post by Blackroses1998 »

As the applications come to a close very soon, I'm worried about the outcome if I get accepted or waitlisted. More likely I'm nervous about being rejected. I spoke about this in earlier posts. I'm hopeful for more of the positive results so then I can speak with the staff of the Masquerade about accommodations due to a surgery I will be getting before the convention.
Blackroses1998

Post by Blackroses1998 »

I am excited yet nervous to see if I get in to this year's masquerade. I am getting the costume ready to go and the song is memorized to the point I can sing it without music. I hope to get accepted this year in the novice division and sing my heart out.
lepetiterik
I'm new!

Post by lepetiterik »

This might be a dumb question, but it's my first time entering. When we find out if our cosplays are accepted or rejected for the contest, will we receive an email or some other way of notification? Thank you!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

lepetiterik wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:59 am This might be a dumb question, but it's my first time entering. When we find out if our cosplays are accepted or rejected for the contest, will we receive an email or some other way of notification? Thank you!
Not a dumb question at all! When applications are accepted (or rejected for whatever reason), we do send out an email to notify you. With the possible exception of any applications that may have come in the last day or two, all other entries should have been contacted by now.
Brian Magnant

Regan
AB Alumni

Post by Regan »

Nyuu wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:24 pm
compressedbread wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:57 am do we know the dimensions of the screen at the masquerade? so we can take that into account with our A/V file?
Off hand I'm not sure but I would say you can comfortably refer to the recommended settings for AMVs (given that they use the same screen) which are:

If you'd like confirmation of exact dimensions, we can certainly try to find out for you!
I'm a little bit curious about this myself! If our video is in a (1920x1080) widescreen format, does this mean that the top and bottom of the screen will appear as black bars, or that the video will be cut off at the sides so that the top/bottom fit in-screen? I can re-format this myself, but just want to be sure that none of the video is cut off, since some of my graphics go all the way to the edge.
Cowbutt Crunchies Cosplay
https://www.cowbuttcrunchiescosplay.com
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Regan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:02 am
Nyuu wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:24 pm

I'm a little bit curious about this myself! If our video is in a (1920x1080) widescreen format, does this mean that the top and bottom of the screen will appear as black bars, or that the video will be cut off at the sides so that the top/bottom fit in-screen? I can re-format this myself, but just want to be sure that none of the video is cut off, since some of my graphics go all the way to the edge.
If memory serves me right of videos from previous years, 16:9 (widescreen) format should display "normally" and 4:3 (fullsceen) ones will display with the bars on the side.
Brian Magnant

nanjo-city

Post by nanjo-city »

Haisai gusuyo! I was wondering if anyone would know something about the Masquerade waitlist?! I am currently on the waitlist (yay!!) and I was wondering if there is a certain cut off for when staff will reach out to those on the waitlists? like, should i keep my eyes peeled all the way up until the masquerade itself, or does there come a certain point where i wouldn't be called in because of scheduling/timeslots? thank you all so much! see you all there !!! :3c
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

nanjo-city wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:28 pm Haisai gusuyo! I was wondering if anyone would know something about the Masquerade waitlist?! I am currently on the waitlist (yay!!) and I was wondering if there is a certain cut off for when staff will reach out to those on the waitlists? like, should i keep my eyes peeled all the way up until the masquerade itself, or does there come a certain point where i wouldn't be called in because of scheduling/timeslots? thank you all so much! see you all there !!! :3c
We can and in fact have had to pull people from the waitlist at the convention in prior years to fill spots of folks who've unfortunately needed to drop at the last minute! Naturally there's no way to really gauge how many of those instances will actually occur but there is certainly the chance that at least some waitlisters will be contacted.
Brian Magnant

nanjo-city

Post by nanjo-city »

Nyuu wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:09 am
nanjo-city wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:28 pm Haisai gusuyo! I was wondering if anyone would know something about the Masquerade waitlist?! I am currently on the waitlist (yay!!) and I was wondering if there is a certain cut off for when staff will reach out to those on the waitlists? like, should i keep my eyes peeled all the way up until the masquerade itself, or does there come a certain point where i wouldn't be called in because of scheduling/timeslots? thank you all so much! see you all there !!! :3c
We can and in fact have had to pull people from the waitlist at the convention in prior years to fill spots of folks who've unfortunately needed to drop at the last minute! Naturally there's no way to really gauge how many of those instances will actually occur but there is certainly the chance that at least some waitlisters will be contacted.

Thank you so much for letting me know!! I will be super sure to keep an eye on my email as the days draw closers (omg!) and during the con. :3c