Name That Tune

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
cronomage389
Getting the hang of this...

Name That Tune

Post by cronomage389 »

Hey everyone,
Just thought I'd start something for Name That Tune. I went to see it Friday and I even participated in it. I was the guy who lost to whoever was cosplaying as Paine from FFX-2, it was a very fun time considering I didn't even want to participate but my friend pursuaded me (raised my hand) >.> when I knew an answer. Did anyone else like that event? I remember people shouting random series like "Say Pokemon or Digimon!" and was it me or if anyone didn't know what the song was from they shouted "Gravitation!"
StopAllSadness
Expert Poster

Name That Tune

Post by StopAllSadness »

I would've liked to participate too ^-^
But me and my friends got their kind of late for the dealers room.

I think the most halarious ones that none of the participants (in the final round I think) were able to guess was the opening to One Piece and Naruto, especially when people were yelling things like "Believe it!" XD
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Name That Tune

Post by H. Guderian »

Heh, I was there, front-ish row on the left. My sister was one of the second one to go on stage, who knew nothign and attempted nothing~

Amazingly she came in second place last time in '05 when we had a Name That Tune contest. She hasn't really kept up as well, but maybe next year!
HoshiStar

Name That Tune

Post by HoshiStar »

Hey I was your friend who told you to go up there!
Immelmann

Name That Tune

Post by Immelmann »

My friend (the blond one wearing the gray sweatshirt) was looking forward to this event for a long, long time - only to have terrible luck in it.

Gave me a chance to shout out "Gigantor!" for one of the themes.
patamon
Experienced Poster

Name That Tune

Post by patamon »

I went to the Name That Tune panel/event/thing a couple years ago. It was pretty amusing, even though I didn't know many of the songs :p. My boyfriend kept yelling out, "The seventh opening to Naruto!" for random songs, just as a joke. heh.
Sayoria
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Name That Tune

Post by Sayoria »

I loved it. I was the guy who guessed the World Of Narue opening, and the same guy that got pissed at my friend for answering the Air TV opening theme when I recently got him into it just two months ago, haha. Damn him. Oh well. It was being fun being the only three or so that knew that song, and me being the only Narue opening song recognizer. :D

If you guys remember the crickets in the audience, yea, that was my friend and his phone.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
cronomage389

Name That Tune

Post by cronomage389 »

I felt kind of bad, I think it was me and whoever cosplayed as Paine that didn't get the Naruto song T_T I felt stupid. I knew the obscure Here Is Greenwood one tho I kept on whispering it when both of the contestants looked dumbfounded xD and I got the Please Save My Earth song, mainly because it's become my newest anime/manga obsession.
Sayoria
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Name That Tune

Post by Sayoria »

Same thing with me and Air, that is why I made that video, heh. Don't worry though. Me being an Anti-Narutard, I did not know that Naruto song either. Everyone knew it in the audience and I turned to my friend and said "Naruto....huh?"
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024