Most Cosplayed?

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
Knave
Expert Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by Knave »

Who do you think was the most cosplayed character this year?

I'm going with Kisuke Urahara. Whenever I saw one Kisuke, there was usally another one only a couple feet away. It was kinda creepy...
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by H. Guderian »

Well, to be fair, a lot of them had just bought the hat in the dealer's room and wore it around. I don't think that suffices as a full cosplay, but there still were a lot of them. I don't think they rival the Gaara, Naruto numbers.
birdboy2000
Experienced Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by birdboy2000 »

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, or generic Akatsuki #1. I saw a ton of all of those.
Knave
Expert Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by Knave »

Hmm..You may be right. But it wasn't just the hat. The sandals and the cane and the paper fan. I saw em all numerous times!
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by Seizetsu »

I saw a WHOOOLE bunch of Ichigos this year. I don't think there were as many of them as there were Naruto folks but there were quite a few.
Vulcan
Determined Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by Vulcan »

Either way you look at it, the entire con was overrun by Naruto and Bleach cosplayers...
AB2016
Jacob Frye: Assassin's Creed-Syndicate

Cosplay Page: https://www.facebook.com/SteeleRevolution/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/SteeleRevolution7
Eiri
Expert Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by Eiri »

L from Deathnote. There were like 200,000 of them...
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by H. Guderian »

Not really hard to aquire jeans and a white shirt, I'm on the fence, you have to do it really well.
NoTouchie
Veteran Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by NoTouchie »

Deffinatly L. There were so many, I hugged a couple and just sorta burned out.
shadowblaze
Expert Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by shadowblaze »

As a guy who cosplays as Roy Mustang, I am going to have to say there were a ton of ed elrics. But of course this wasn't mentioned before due to the very fact that ed is much to short to be noticed by people.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Most Cosplayed?

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=shadowblaze]As a guy who cosplays as Roy Mustang, I am going to have to say there were a ton of ed elrics. But of course this wasn't mentioned before due to the very fact that ed is much to short to be noticed by people. [/quote]

Yeah, that's right, flamer, have a good laugh. We'll just see who makes it out of the manga alive... I'm willing to bet it's the one WHOSE NAME IS IN THE TITLE!!!

OOC: Every time I turned a corner, I ran into a Naruto cosplayer. Expected, but disturbing nonetheless.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
jusdepomme
Experienced Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by jusdepomme »

[quote=Kiarrens][quote=shadowblaze]As a guy who cosplays as Roy Mustang, I am going to have to say there were a ton of ed elrics. But of course this wasn't mentioned before due to the very fact that ed is much to short to be noticed by people. [/quote]

Yeah, that's right, flamer, have a good laugh. We'll just see who makes it out of the manga alive... I'm willing to bet it's the one WHOSE NAME IS IN THE TITLE!!!

OOC: Every time I turned a corner, I ran into a Naruto cosplayer. Expected, but disturbing nonetheless.[/quote]
The title might change shrimp :P no offense on that, but I really had to say it.

There was a lot of akatsuki member during the convention
PhoenixSoleil
Expert Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by PhoenixSoleil »

I was sick of seeing the 40+ Gaara's. And most I ran into seemed very rude. >.>
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by H. Guderian »

well, then they were cosplaying them properly! If the whole con cosplays a rude guy, things will get rude!
kuroki
Determined Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by kuroki »

Definitely Urahara. My friend didn't even want to put her's on because of how many were there. She only wore her Urahara taichou for a few hours, and never even put on her regular one.

Other than that, Naruto( this series is always over cosplayed.) and L.
Blade21576
Expert Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by Blade21576 »

TO..... MUCH..... Narito
Meph
Dedicated Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by Meph »

[quote=jusdepomme][quote=Kiarrens][quote=shadowblaze]As a guy who cosplays as Roy Mustang, I am going to have to say there were a ton of ed elrics. But of course this wasn't mentioned before due to the very fact that ed is much to short to be noticed by people. [/quote]

OOC: Every time I turned a corner, I ran into a Naruto cosplayer. Expected, but disturbing nonetheless.[/quote]
The title might change shrimp :P no offense on that, but I really had to say it.

There was a lot of akatsuki member during the convention[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they're not going to change the title of Full Mental Alchemist... especially not this late into the manga.. I can't really see them changing it to "Metal Frame Non-State Alchemist", "Metal Limb Repair Girl" or "Skirt Fetish Flame Boy". Just.. wouldn't work.. and considering that Ed is the main character.. you knock him out of the title and you have a name that makes no sense. Without Ed, there's no story.. sorta.. how it goes when you have a main hero.

(By the way, I love Roy xD I just thought that title was funny)

Anyway, I hated the number of Naruto characters. When your friend who's never even seen Naruto decides she never wants to see it again just because the amount of cosplayers annoyed her THAT MUCH, there's a problem xD

but that family who cosplayed was okay... that was really cute, so even if EVERYONE was dressed as naruto characters, they're still awesome xD
VoD
Expert Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by VoD »

L.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Most Cosplayed?

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Meph]
but that family who cosplayed was okay... that was really cute, so even if EVERYONE was dressed as naruto characters, they're still awesome xD
[/quote]

They were amazingly adorable. I think the problem with most Naruto cosplayers (by no means all, so please don't take offense unless you're one of the offending parties) is that they tend to be rather immature and rowdy, more so than most cosplayers. Running and causing excessive noise in the halls are just a couple of the things I personally witnessed. So rather than the sheer number, it's the maturity level that bugs me.
At least the Ls just sit around on chairs with their feet up and look at people funny. :D
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
nightwalker
Veteran Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by nightwalker »

I know who it was and I GOT PROOF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BranN_nx1s4
:)
Do You LIKE Me?
Or do you think I'm DEVIANT? ;)
DeeDee
Expert Poster

Most Cosplayed?

Post by DeeDee »

i would say probably Gaara (or any other Naruto character). but i also saw a hand full of Misa's (Death Note) crawling all over the place.
Goodbye heartless paradise!