Swap meet

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
SarahofBorg
Getting the hang of this...

Swap meet

Post by SarahofBorg »

I tried to find the swap meet but had a lot of bad luck. I traveled pretty far to get to the con from my house, and I lugged a lot of anime merchandise on Friday, but I couldn't find the place.
It wasn't listed on the schedule, in the program guide, or anywhere. I asked the information desk but I didn't even understand their directions. It was probably over by the time I got there anyway.
Satuday I didn't bother to lug it around, but I stumbled upon the meet. It was in a room with a very small sign, and even when I walked in I didn't know what it was until I asked.
I really wished it was better scheduled and advertised, because I totally missed out.
Baskat
Experienced Poster

Swap meet

Post by Baskat »

Yeah I meant to go to the swap meet but kindda got tied up.

I know I read in the con book it was 7-9pm fri and sat on the 3rd flr I think but yeah the schedule did not mention it again so i couldn't remember which room.

....until next year.
Gollum
Veteran Poster

Swap meet

Post by Gollum »

I was also disappointed by the lack of advertising. I would have liked to go but didn't have the energy to try and figure out where it was. If it was on the schedule I would have made it.
Keithel
AB Alumni

Swap meet

Post by Keithel »

Sorry guys!

We'll make sure to make it more prominently advertised next year, since it looks like it was a resounding succes (despite the lack of advertising).

This was an experiment whipped together by our Director of Exhibits - Christian Daly. He didn't know how it was going to be received, so we didn't pour too many resources in it this year.
Keith Kyzivat
Assistant Director of Programming #2/Weekend Events Manager
Anime Boston 2014
ADProg 2011-2014, Co-Chair 2009-2010, VC 2007-2008,
Secretary+Merch Mgr 2006, Merch Mgr 2004-2005, Vol+Merch Mgr 2003
coolforever
AB Alumni

Swap meet

Post by coolforever »

:( I looked for it everywhere and couldn't find it. And by the time I did see where it was being held, it was already over....
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
eidna
Determined Poster

Swap meet

Post by eidna »

[quote=Keithel]Sorry guys!

We'll make sure to make it more prominently advertised next year, since it looks like it was a resounding succes (despite the lack of advertising).

This was an experiment whipped together by our Director of Exhibits - Christian Daly. He didn't know how it was going to be received, so we didn't pour too many resources in it this year.[/quote]

It'll be back next year? YAY! I can re-swap all the stuff once I'm tired of it... :D
AB 2013: 7000 cosplay ideas I'll probably not finish
AB 2012: Normal person :O
AB 2011: Konata Izumi cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2010: Cop-out catgirl
AB 2009: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2008: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2007: Suigintou
AB 2006: Chii
AB 2004: Chii
Keithel
AB Alumni

Swap meet

Post by Keithel »

[quote=eidna]
It'll be back next year? YAY! I can re-swap all the stuff once I'm tired of it... :D
[/quote]

No full-on guarantees of it, as we still have to plan space and make sure everything fits, but there's a good chance of it I think -- Christian could say more, since it's his baby :)

Keith Kyzivat
Assistant Director of Programming #2/Weekend Events Manager
Anime Boston 2014
ADProg 2011-2014, Co-Chair 2009-2010, VC 2007-2008,
Secretary+Merch Mgr 2006, Merch Mgr 2004-2005, Vol+Merch Mgr 2003
genibane
Expert Poster

Swap meet

Post by genibane »

I also hope it will be repeated. I participated on Friday and did some decent swapping. I have to say though, it was really cramped, and the timing was terrible. It really shouldn't of been scheduled during the masquerade on Saturday, otherwise I would have gone then to, as well as a lot of other people I'm sure. I think it should have been late afternoon, early evening instead.
eidna
Determined Poster

Swap meet

Post by eidna »

[quote=genibane]I also hope it will be repeated. I participated on Friday and did some decent swapping. I have to say though, it was really cramped, and the timing was terrible. It really shouldn't of been scheduled during the masquerade on Saturday, otherwise I would have gone then to, as well as a lot of other people I'm sure. I think it should have been late afternoon, early evening instead. [/quote]

Yeah, the room on Friday was very very tiny...if we hadn't gotten there as soon as it started, there was no way we would have gotten table/floor space for our stuff!
AB 2013: 7000 cosplay ideas I'll probably not finish
AB 2012: Normal person :O
AB 2011: Konata Izumi cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2010: Cop-out catgirl
AB 2009: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2008: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2007: Suigintou
AB 2006: Chii
AB 2004: Chii