glomping...

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

glomping...

Post by tobiinpajamas »

so who did you glomp/get glomped by? Did anyone else get glomped by that Hughes with the photos? Cause i did, and i dont particularly like hugs...it was a little scary...i think i may need to get over that though...
Noah
Getting the hang of this...

glomping...

Post by Noah »

I glomped/hugged so many people XD
I didn't see the Hughes -le sad- D=

Tobi/You!, Zetsu, and a Deidara in a group hug.
Hisagi and his friend I skipped down a hall with, a Matt, Near, L, Raito, Mello, a couple Ryuuks, one of the Team rockets, Zaraki, Sesshoumaru, tonberry, Jushiro, Kisuke, the cactuar, Vader, Jesus, Reno, Sora, one of the Domos, the Gin whos harem I was in, the Inuyasha whos harem I was in, Kikyo, the really awesome Byakuya who owed me a hug, Ulquiorra, young Gaara, oh gosh the list goes on still XD
tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

glomping...

Post by tobiinpajamas »

hhaa wow...yeah i dont really glomp people and really sometimes dont even tolerate being hugged...depends on my mood and how tired i am...like i said seeing as how these things happen at a con i think i need to get over it..
spazwithcatears
Experienced Poster

glomping...

Post by spazwithcatears »

I glomped a Sora, two Sasukes, a Negi, an entire Death Note group (my friends XD), Totoro, and Cactuar.

I was just on a glomp raid. o_O
tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

glomping...

Post by tobiinpajamas »

has anyone ever wondered why its called "glomping" instead of a normal name? haha its such a random word...the person with the shirt that said "glomp me and DIE" amused me.
Pencil-Hands
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by Pencil-Hands »

I glomped the Phantom of the Opera who was in line for the Ball on friday night. I was sitting with some friends, and one of them pointed him out. I'm a huge PoTO fan, so I went, "PHANTOM!!! GAH!!" and then ran to him and jumped+hugged. And he picked me up. ^_^

If you saw him, he looked like this: Phantom of the Opera
ravenark
Getting the hang of this...

glomping...

Post by ravenark »

I was glomped by too many people to count.
:-/
RubyEye
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by RubyEye »

I glomped a female shinigami ... I don't recall what character but you had a "Glomp Me!!!" sign on your back ... I think I was Neji at the time... ^^;
lucky13
Experienced Poster

glomping...

Post by lucky13 »

i wasnt gloomped to much but i i was giving glomps as sasuke and itachi (fri + sat) and on the last day i was just a genaric ninja who got gloomped by me?
cheshiresmiling
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by cheshiresmiling »

Within the first few seconds of my walking into the con on friday(seven in the morning) I got hugged by this cute little asian girl who wouldn't let go of me.

Eventually I got her off because I couldn't breathe. >>
AB2k12: John Egbert(Homestuck)
AB2k13: Carter(The Secret World), Karkat Vantas(Homestuck)
My Tumblr | DA
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

glomping...

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

[quote=tobiinpajamas]the person with the shirt that said "glomp me and DIE" amused me.[/quote]

I saw that guy, too. That's the first time I ever saw a shirt that had that saying on it.
tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

glomping...

Post by tobiinpajamas »

haha i want a shirt that says that lol...
magpi
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by magpi »

aside from my friends who i try to glomp on a regular basis, there was a kid in the food court with a "glomp me" sign on his back i went after :P i wish i said more then "hi!" to him >.<
StopAllSadness
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by StopAllSadness »

We were in line for the masquerade and there was an ANBU guy giving out hugs. My friend ran over an gave him a hug and then 7 other random girls (including me) went to glomp him too. It's a miracle we didn't kill him XD
DM9Rei
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by DM9Rei »

[color:darkred] I got glomped, hugged, kissed, tackled, squeezed, and so on from many.
I glomped many people of course, mainly Rikus, Soras... and well any other Kingdom Hearts character XD

By the way, I'm the Sora that walked around with Roxas and/or Axel plushies (I didn't have Axel Saturday). So, who hugged me/got hugged by me?[/color]
Javapsycho
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by Javapsycho »

I got glomped while having a cigarette in my Mustang costume.

She burned a hole in my gove T_T

I suppose it's ironic.
megmo
Determined Poster

glomping...

Post by megmo »

My friend did. WE had another firend dress up as Roy Mustang, but we didin't have time to make a jacket (We said that she was mugged by fangrils on the way to the convention). So She shouted. "Can we steal your jacket?" Then he glomped her and showed her pictures of his daughter.
Kal_the_ronin
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by Kal_the_ronin »

My first glomp was before it started on Thrusday. A few friends and me were in cosplay and this chick with the badge "glomp of doom" pick me up by the waist and shock me till my sandals fell off then kept trying to steal my bokuto. Until...I almost had to attack her with it. (The more you struggle the worse it gets lesson learned)
Schlimazel
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by Schlimazel »

[quote=tobiinpajamas]has anyone ever wondered why its called "glomping" instead of a normal name? haha its such a random word...the person with the shirt that said "glomp me and DIE" amused me.[/quote]

Heheh, that would probably be my friend's friend, who I encountered on my way out. She said to me something like, "Nobody's glomped me! ;___; " So I did, and she proceeded to stab me. xD

I was glomped once by my cousins' friend, which was funny. We were walking down the hall, and suddenly we hear, "HALLOWEEN TOWN SORA!" I turn, and this girl takes a running glomp at me, haha. What really made us laugh was that only after she glomped me did she notice my cousins, who go to school with her and are close friends.

Unfortunately, the glomps and hugs and whatnot were a bit tough on my wire-frame wings, heh.
Yumi
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by Yumi »

I was really sad no one could glomp me T-T I love hugs and would gladly give one to anyone who asked, I think everyone was just too intimidated by what I was carrying. But to the few who actually did give me a hug you guys totally made my week!

But I remember a girl glomped my master from behind making him almost fall flat on his face. Dangerous fan girls...
punkstara
Experienced Poster

glomping...

Post by punkstara »

A few people tried but I swiftly avoided it. Seriously, if you see me at a con and try glomping me, you will get dodged, and possibly hit the floor and chip a tooth as someone did at Otakon 2004. If I do not know you personally, do not touch me. There was a major problem this year with people touching my head (I have fuzzy shaved hair) without asking.

I do not understand the appeal of strangers grabbing onto me.
NobiZero
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by NobiZero »

[quote=Pencil-Hands]I glomped the Phantom of the Opera who was in line for the Ball on friday night. I was sitting with some friends, and one of them pointed him out. I'm a huge PoTO fan, so I went, "PHANTOM!!! GAH!!" and then ran to him and jumped+hugged. And he picked me up. ^_^

If you saw him, he looked like this: Phantom of the Opera [/quote]

Haha, that's my friend Dave. Wish I saw that. I was just ahead of him in line that night too.
Vulcan
Determined Poster

glomping...

Post by Vulcan »

[quote=Javapsycho]I got glomped while having a cigarette in my Mustang costume.

I suppose it's ironic.[/quote]

Haha I remeber you showing that, then about 30 minutes later your cuff got torn from Jeni pulling you to the ground in the Masquerade XD!!
AB2016
Jacob Frye: Assassin's Creed-Syndicate

Cosplay Page: https://www.facebook.com/SteeleRevolution/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/SteeleRevolution7
Natielle
Veteran Poster

glomping...

Post by Natielle »

Hah...Heh....Oh man. I glomped so many people. I was a [blonde] Matsumoto Rangiku of Bleach. I glomped mainly Bleach characters, because I was too busy hiding barrels from ninjas and such. let's see....Glomped/Hugged: Hitsugaya Toushirou [all of them], Matsumoto's, Kon, Menos Grande, Kenpachi [Ned], Team Rocket, A few Uraharas....I can't think of the rest.
KitKat
Obsessed Poster

glomping...

Post by KitKat »

I am not happy with Glomps, atm!
I was cosplaying Saix from KH2 and I had a rather LARGE claymore.
Some fangirl squeed from behind me and glomped me into a WALL and my claymore cracked in two places and eventually broke.

I normally like glomps, but you people should ASK first, so I can get breakable stuff out of the way.
Javapsycho
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by Javapsycho »

[quote=Vulcan][quote=Javapsycho]I got glomped while having a cigarette in my Mustang costume.

I suppose it's ironic.[/quote]

Haha I remeber you showing that, then about 30 minutes later your cuff got torn from Jeni pulling you to the ground in the Masquerade XD!![/quote]

Haha, no true harm done. A few minutes with a needle fixed it up good as new.

As for the gloves? Eh, 10 bucks. Whatev.
MooeyDooey
Veteran Poster

glomping...

Post by MooeyDooey »

[color:blue]Glomping... nope. I did not give or get any.

I personally wouldn't. I do not know why you would. The adreniline rush from charging at someone and tackling them, and the sheer chance you might cause either injury or costume malfunction? 0__________0

A simple and sweet 'May I have a hug?' and a nice hug would work. I got lots of those. ^_____^ those make me happy.[/color]
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

glomping...

Post by FjWolfwood »

[quote=Yumi]I was really sad no one could glomp me T-T I love hugs and would gladly give one to anyone who asked, I think everyone was just too intimidated by what I was carrying. But to the few who actually did give me a hug you guys totally made my week!

But I remember a girl glomped my master from behind making him almost fall flat on his face. Dangerous fan girls...[/quote]

v.v Dangerous fan girls indeed. v.v
And yes, it was unfortunate for those who were intimidated by your weapons love, you gave good hugs.

Yes, I got glomped a few times (which threw me off balance quite a bit, because most of the times I was holding my jackal gun) and glomped roughly 2 people myself. Well, not so much glomped as ran up to a guy, grabbed him, and spun him around. >>
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

glomping...

Post by gmsenpai »

I got a strangle which led to a glomp cause I guess I was weired out by the strangling.
Blade21576
Expert Poster

glomping...

Post by Blade21576 »

So I just gotta say it hurts getting glomped by a guy thats like 200+ lbs. :/
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

glomping...

Post by FjWolfwood »

^Agreed.
Anyone that weighs much more than yourself you should kindly ask to avoid being glomped by.