Sleep Deprived

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
fredan
Getting the hang of this...

Sleep Deprived

Post by fredan »

[color:green]For those who payed good money and wanted to enjoy the con to it's fullest post here. I just woke up like a hour ago and i didn't realized i lost so much sleep. I woke up at 9am friday morning and got to the con around 10am. As time flew by i wanted to stay up as late as my body can go until the con was over. I did not sleep a wink up until Sunday around 6am when i went to my friend hotel room and tryed sleeping and I couldn't. It was then I realized that i'm going to be up for the rest of the con witch brings my total time of me not being asleep.......58 hours. I never stayed up that long in my life i finaly crash at 7pm at my brother-in-law house for a few short hours and pass out officially for 11 hours at 11pm Sunday night.[/color]
Eiri
Expert Poster

Sleep Deprived

Post by Eiri »

I stayed up from Saturday 9am 'till about 11pm on Sunday to get back into a normal SS.

I was like dead at that point, though... blurry vision, hearing things, etc. >_<
eidna
Determined Poster

Sleep Deprived

Post by eidna »

I didn't stay up too late Friday (probably around 1 or 2am) because we had worked Thursday and woke up early Friday to get there....but Saturday we stayed up till 4am and woke up at 9. So, I got a little sleep, but not too much.

However, I never wanna see another energy drink *blech*
AB 2013: 7000 cosplay ideas I'll probably not finish
AB 2012: Normal person :O
AB 2011: Konata Izumi cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2010: Cop-out catgirl
AB 2009: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2008: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2007: Suigintou
AB 2006: Chii
AB 2004: Chii
OtakuSakupony

Sleep Deprived

Post by OtakuSakupony »

Hmm.. I got up at 8 on Friday to get picked up, and got to bed at about 2 AM since I had trouble sleeping..Then I got up at 5 AM with my friends to go to Walgreens because my friend had not slept the whole night (insomnia) and we were trying to get her a sleeping pill or something to help her. I was worn out Saturday night..5 am till 2 AM =D

I was dead tired today though, my legs ached, and so I skipped school. ^^;
Nick

Sleep Deprived

Post by Nick »

ok, guys, i'm sorry to be a wet blanket here, but missing that much sleep isn't really a good thing. it's one thing if you're missing sleep because you're on staff, but as regular attendees with hotel rooms, it'd be a HUGE error in judgment if you didn't get some sleep. we've had people in the past who've run themselves into the ground, literally, and have had to have medical attention because of it. we don't want to see that happen on a regular basis.

anime boston has this unofficial rule that we try to have everyone abide by. we call it the 5-2-1 rule.

get at least 5 hours of sleep a night
eat at least 2 (preferably 3) meals a day (and no, pocky does not count as a meal)
take 1 shower a day.

of course, this is impossible to enforce as a rule. we can't say to someone "eat a meal or we're pulling your badge." we just hope that this would be common sense. lack of sleep = bad. avoid it if you can.

i know you guys are excited, and we are too, but it's hard to enjoy the convention if you pass out from exhaustion during the weekend.
Nick Bennett-Zendzian
Lapsed Staff Member of AB's Past

"Life is too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde
LusciousFabric
Experienced Poster

Sleep Deprived

Post by LusciousFabric »

O MI GAWD i slept for *15* hours! i got home at 3 sunday and woke up for school at 6 this morning! i slept for a collective 7 hours durring the con and 21 for the entire week b4 (that's 3 hours a night)... *falls asleep on key board*
fredan

Sleep Deprived

Post by fredan »

[color:green]Ya I got carried away and i knew even after the first day i should sleep but even when i tryed i couldn't. Ill be prepared next year with my own room.[/color]
RubyEye
Expert Poster

Sleep Deprived

Post by RubyEye »

Heheh I don't know how long I slept for last night thru this morning... I got maybe a total of 12 hours of sleep friday thru sunday ... 3 friday 5 saturday 3 sunday... I snuck out of the hotel room with a couple others in my group, while a few others were sleeping around midnight saturday ... all togather too much energy + not enough sleep = no energy later on ^_^
Venion
I'm new!

Sleep Deprived

Post by Venion »

[color:green]Was my first Anime Boston, fun time fun times, except for the utter lack of sleep, I think from Friday 7:00 a.m till Sunday 8:00 p.m I got a total of 3.5 hours of sleep. Once 8:00 p.m hit on Sunday though, BOOM 16 hours of straight sleep, only woke up to send my College Professor an e-mail on why I wouldn't be in class that day, then back to sleep.[/color]
Ranakori
Veteran Poster

Sleep Deprived

Post by Ranakori »

I fell asleep against the wall in the line to see Travis Willingham. Standing up.

I was tired.
FuriKuri

Sleep Deprived

Post by FuriKuri »

I didn't get nearly enough sleep any night. On one of the plane rides, I feel asleep for about 30 minutes hugging my Knuckles plush, and then when I got home, I slept for 12 hours.

I'm better now.
Nghtmr103

Sleep Deprived

Post by Nghtmr103 »

yeah I kinda didn't get any sleep at all, between all the stuff that happened to us and the hotel staff being douches I don't think in 3 days I really got any sleep
Paper
AB Staff

Sleep Deprived

Post by Paper »

I followed that 5-2-1 rule (unintentionally) to the letter of the law. Still, 5 hours is barely enough - I found myself consuming a lot of the stuff in Fredan's avatar. In fact, my infamous 10-win-long barrel streak happened just after chugging a can. Coincidence?

...Probably, yeah.
Gular
Expert Poster

Sleep Deprived

Post by Gular »

I don't sleep particularly well in places I'm unfamiliar, so the sleep I got in my room was sparing at best in quality. Though I was sleeping the 5-6 hours, I wasn't getting any good sleep.

I totally slept a total of like 15 hours today. It was weird and unexpected!
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Sleep Deprived

Post by LadyHawke »

[quote=Nick]it's one thing if you're missing sleep because you're on staff...[/quote]

:D

You don't say, Nick?

Haha-- I was just thinking as to how sleep-deprived I am right now. Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights, I averaged 3 hours of sleep per night. Which means that throughout the whole con, I got only 12 hours of sleep. I'm not sure HOW I'm still standing right now. I slept until almost noon today, made the 5-hour drive back to PA, and I really should be sleeping now, but checking the forums takes priority. ;)
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
Nick

Sleep Deprived

Post by Nick »

haha, well i know part of it is my own dang fault and i really should have known better. but at least i still TRIED to sleep. :P
Nick Bennett-Zendzian
Lapsed Staff Member of AB's Past

"Life is too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde
AliceTanzer
AB Staff

Sleep Deprived

Post by AliceTanzer »

[quote=ladyhawke78][quote=Nick]it's one thing if you're missing sleep because you're on staff...[/quote]

:D

You don't say, Nick?

Haha-- I was just thinking as to how sleep-deprived I am right now. Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights, I averaged 3 hours of sleep per night. Which means that throughout the whole con, I got only 12 hours of sleep. I'm not sure HOW I'm still standing right now. I slept until almost noon today, made the 5-hour drive back to PA, and I really should be sleeping now, but checking the forums takes priority. ;)
[/quote]
Same thing! I figured it out, and I only got about 12 hours since Thursday. Hah!
Alice Tanzer

'14 NEAS Board Member
'13 EAC
'12 '13 '14 Security
'07 '08 '09 '10 '11 Security(Overnight)
'06 Security
'04 Artist Alley Co-Manager

"She has a medical degree. In fashion. From France!"
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Sleep Deprived

Post by Master of NERV »

My wife and I may be old fogies, but we were generally in bed by midnight every night, and up at about 7 am. We also didn't miss a meal, and as a result we were reasonably well energized and alert for the whole of the con. (We also booked the hotel for Sunday night and took Monday off from work, so we wouldn't be the on-the-job zombies we were after AB '05. Never make that mistake again...)
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)