Compliments

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2007.
Linker83
Expert Poster

Compliments

Post by Linker83 »

Now i saw a complaints thread, so I want to make a compliment thread.

I have to say EVERYONE that was working in Masquerade HQ was superb!

The new Masquerade coridinator was awesome...i think her name was Jenny?? Blonde tall woman. She was great! So helpful, calm and patient.

Aeda (sp?) was great as usual always helpful. And everyone working at the repair station was helpful in finding stuff to fix your props.

Kudos to Masquerade HQ !!

-Linker83
(Green Twilight Princess Link)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Compliments

Post by kiarrens »

Jeni and Ada. ^^ Definitely the best masquerade yet, Jeni, and you totally get props for being able to perform so well at the end with everything that was going on backstage.

All of the staff for AB just rocks. I'd also like to compliment Adam on running yet another wonderful AMV contest. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
eidna
Determined Poster

Compliments

Post by eidna »

I wanted to compliment the mall security staff for being so receptive and accomodating to us, especially late at night when we wandered the mall looking for the doors that were close to Shaws :D
AB 2013: 7000 cosplay ideas I'll probably not finish
AB 2012: Normal person :O
AB 2011: Konata Izumi cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2010: Cop-out catgirl
AB 2009: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2008: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2007: Suigintou
AB 2006: Chii
AB 2004: Chii
Linker83
Expert Poster

Compliments

Post by Linker83 »

lol
Gollum
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by Gollum »

I would like to compliment Lizzard and the Security Staff (especially the security staffer in charge of the autograph line, unfortuantely I don't know her name) for their superb job with the autographs. The tickets system made things run very smoothly and the fact that the line was not allowed to form more than 30 minutes before the session meant that we could all attend events that might otherwise had been skipped to get in line 2 and 3 hours before the session started.
RubyEye
Expert Poster

Compliments

Post by RubyEye »

I would like to give a BIG Compliment to two people ... K-San(Ada) for bringing me onto the cosplay chess special events and for bringing Ino to torture Sakura in the dating game, I Hope ya see this!

Second , Aizen-Taicho from the Cosplay Chess, You had a tough job man and you handled it flawlessly, everything went so well so thanks for your direction ^_^ I'm sure the rest of the cosplay chess crew feels the same for the both of you

so thank you ^_^
Amjam
Determined Poster

Compliments

Post by Amjam »

Can I just compliment everyone? Big hugs to you, AB staffers and volunteers and congoers and artists and dealers and everyone else! Especially the 'normal people' in the mall, who didn't tranquilize all 11,000+ of us.
:geek: Arthur
attendee since '06, occasional panelist
Paper
AB Staff

Compliments

Post by Paper »

[quote=Kiarrens]and you totally get props for being able to perform so well at the end with everything that was going on backstage.
[/quote]
Agreed. It was amazing to see the changes in everyone's expression as they went from checking on the situation to addressing the audience and back again. While I admired the entire sense of "the show must go on", everyone's concern was equally touching.
DevilNeverCry
Probably should be on AB staff

Compliments

Post by DevilNeverCry »

I wub Jeni and Ada. They were so nice (this was my first year in the masquerade) and all of our directions were clear and helpful.

Can't wait to do it agian next year ^^
Lizzard

Compliments

Post by Lizzard »

[quote=Gollum]I would like to compliment Lizzard and the Security Staff (especially the security staffer in charge of the autograph line, unfortuantely I don't know her name) for their superb job with the autographs....[/quote]

Thank you so much! We were very pleased with how things ran, for the most part, though of course we'll continue to tweak things for improvement.

I believe the Security member you are describing is Nikki. She is loud when I can't be. :)

On a related note, I would like to personally thank Delta 8 members for their prompt, efficient, and cheerful assistance throughout the con. You know who you are. ;)
Lizz Donnell
2003-2008 Guest Relations
2011 21+ Lounge
Wraith
Experienced Poster

Compliments

Post by Wraith »

I don't know who he is exactly, but this staffer started off my weekend great! I got my badge on Thursday evening (the line moved incredibly fast, you guys did a great job) & I had my camera slung over my hip (of course). Well, the staffer, as he's calling up my information says, "Are you ready to take pictures this weekend?" [me], "Of course!" [He laughed] "Just remember the staff like to have their pictures taken, too!" He was joking, but I told him to pose anyway. He tried to get out of it, but I wouldn't let him. Then I went around the Con' taking random photos of staffers. Hey, don't joke about photos to a girl with a serious looking SLR camera! I mean business. >grin<
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by tmchiba »

It's almost hard to single out people for compliments specifically because I'd most likely leave someone off the list who deserved it ^^;;, so kudos to everyone!

InvaderFlak
Expert Poster

Compliments

Post by InvaderFlak »

Yay for the security people who were informative, friendly, and helpful when I was trying to get my gun peacebonded.

Also, the concierge at the Sheraton was super-helpful getting my payment stuff ready.
Blade21576
Expert Poster

Compliments

Post by Blade21576 »

MAD PROPS TO JESUS!!!! XD
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by FjWolfwood »

Definitely props to the Masquerade people also the security staff who made getting props peacebonded easy and effective.
Kitty Silver
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by Kitty Silver »

Compliments to those that were men making out with other or at least cosplaying as two men.

Compliments to those that thought up the ball, it was wicked good but we need a MUCH BIGGER room. XD
Sayoria
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Compliments

Post by Sayoria »

Compliments to everyone who made the con successful....Guests, Staff, Cosplayers, attendees, and the people in the hallways saying "What the hell are those people in the shiny boxes and red cloaks doing?!?!".
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Ratica
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by Ratica »

HUGE compliments to everyone who managed to keep the backstage nice and contained during the masquerade. There were a few moments where everything was chaos, then... STAFF TO THE RESCUE!
guardianhunter
Determined Poster

Compliments

Post by guardianhunter »

[quote=Linker83]Now i saw a complaints thread, so I want to make a compliment thread.
-Linker83
(Green Twilight Princess Link)[/quote]

Know what?? Mad props to YOU!!!
Thanks for making this thread and to all attendees who made our job as Security EASIER!!!

We know that w/o You guys as attendees, we have no real positions to uphold, so thanks to EVERYONE OF YOU who atteneded!!
Those who made it a clean and smooth ride and even those who caused the bumps. Keep us on our toes!!!!

It's always nice to read COMPLIMENTS rather than a sling of complaints, so thank you for starting this thread!

Hope to see you guys all next year!!!
=^_^=
TsukiNoShinobi
Getting the hang of this...

Compliments

Post by TsukiNoShinobi »

Um...I want to compliment everyone! This was my very first con, and I enjoyed it a lot! Kudos to the staff and volunteers who made all this possible, to the cosplayers, the dealers, the artists, everyone! ^-^
Archetype
Experienced Poster

Compliments

Post by Archetype »

This wasn't exactly my first con, but I agree. Save for a few... inconveniences I'd say everything went smoothly this year. A big thank you to everyone who made it all happen.
poptarts_n_pixistix
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by poptarts_n_pixistix »

I'm not sure his name, but the staff member who had on the white belt watching the dealers room line on friday. Didn't really get to talk to him (even though I was at the front of the line, i'm just quiet >.>;; ) but he seemed pretty cool, funny too! Great job ^^
hikura
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by hikura »

I just wanna say once again the con was alot of fun.Despite my rants about hotel security the entire staff and volunteers at animeboston should be given a big thanks from everyone.I had no problems what so ever from the staff or volunteers.I throughly enjoyed myself.While the con was big this year it was very fun.
Soujiro458
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by Soujiro458 »

Big thanks to the Masquerade peoples
My group had a touch situation (thanks to me -_- )and you guys helped us so we were able to go on
Thank you so much it ment the world to me and my group

Also, Cosplay chess people! You did a great job running the show! it was sooo much fun!

<3
Statik.v87
Veteran Poster

Compliments

Post by Statik.v87 »

PatrickD is so cool!
Oblivion
Expert Poster

Compliments

Post by Oblivion »

I'd like to thank everyone at the information desks for being so nice and helpful.

To the staff working the line to the Cherry Blossom Ball, thanks for tolerating our musical whims.

The Cosplay Chess staff was awesome, especially Ada for flying back from Italy, and Aizen for running the show backstage, as well as the folks in Masquerade HQ like LadyHawke for their help with check-in.

And to PatrickD, who for some reason sticks around to make every forum known to cosplay a better place.

THANK YOU!
Naoko Youko
Experienced Poster

Compliments

Post by Naoko Youko »

[color:green]Crazy-awesome compliments to everyone that took pictures of me--you all boosted the ever-present ego of New England's only Kuronue cosplayer.

...And that Tamaki from cosplay chess? My compliments on how well you got into character, and many thanks for the hug. <3[/color]