Plushie Workshop: Couldn't get in? TELL US!

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Majik
AB Staff

Post by Majik »

First, I'd like to thank everyone who showed up this weekend, and making this the FIFTH SUCCESSFUL YEAR of Making Plushies @ Anime Boston!!!

Second, I'd again like to offer my deepest regrets to those that couldn't fit into Saturday's Workshop. Mr. Fire Marshall says we can't exceed max capacity, and I like not getting our favorite convention fined for violations.

Ideally, I'd take every student I could for Plushies.

[color:green]I'll be applying for a second Saturday time slot, and with luck, offering 2 classes that day, instead of 1 class every day.

To help support this so that I'm not taking every time slot available to the workshop room, I'm considering dropping either Friday or Sunday.[/color]

I'd love to hear your opinions on this. I'm at AB to work, and you're there to have fun. So, how can we enhance your Plushie experience?

[color:green]
Helpful tip #1: Friday and Sunday Plushies are very rarely full to capacity. If you don't want to start a line 1 hour before the class, try showing up on those days instead of Saturday.[/color]

[color:blue]Helpful tip #2: IF you cannot attend ANY type of event at ANY convention, due to room capacity, or the host's ability/willingness to take a larger crowd, please kindly go to the forums, or send an email, at your earliest convenience, and LET THE STAFF KNOW that you'd like to have that event happen again next year, so that you, like those before you, can attend said popular event.
[/color]
Charity Auction MC since forever
Panelist supreme - Will host ANYTHING <3
Artists' Alley - come visit MajikCraft and maybe buy something!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MajikCraft
aryXbea
AB Alumni

Post by aryXbea »

I really enjoyed it.
Pros:
-I got all the materials I needed, and even though the sewing kit needles sucked, you had better ones
-I could take some materials home to work
-The body was so helpful, and so were the patterns.
-I got some great help and made an ADORABLE plush!
My finished Amy Lee from Evanescence Plush
Plush

Cons: (HAHAHAHA I just realized the irony)
-I felt 2 hours was too short.
Ariana Sigel
Live Video Production Staff 2011-2013
Junior Tech Staff 2010
Attendee 2008, 2009
Majik
AB Staff

Post by Majik »

*SQUEEE! Cutest pants ever, and a gold star to you for being the FIRST to post their plushie pics this year!! *AB or otherwise!*

[color:green]Pros: Those are standing practices, and I plan to keep them up. Which reminds me, I need more oversized sewing needles, left-handed scissors, and maybe I'll look into so Tacky/Tachy Glue, instead of the cheapy Elmers. You guys are so worth it![/color]

[color:blue]Cons: Yup, I heard a lot of that, that 2 hours is too short. This IS intended as a beginner's/all levels course, and a take-home project.[/color]
HOWEVER...
[color:gray]ConnectiCon is *demanding* that I develop an "Advanced Plushies" workshop for this year. I'm gonna do my best to figure something out for it, but any and all input is welcome on THAT front, as well.[/color]

[color:blue]I'll begin discussions with our Panel Coordinator re: longer plushie times when the Con year is ready to reset.[/color]
Charity Auction MC since forever
Panelist supreme - Will host ANYTHING <3
Artists' Alley - come visit MajikCraft and maybe buy something!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MajikCraft