Fanfic Panel 2008

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Dejana Talis
Expert Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Dejana Talis »

I'm going to apply to run a general fanfiction panel again next year, so once again I'm looking for volunteers to be on the panel. Post or message me if you're interested (and please include some details about your experience with the subject). :cool:

The turnout last year was sadly small but I think the panel itself went very well, so I'm planning to use a similar format as the 2007 panel. Hopefully with a clearer title and a catchier summary we can get some more people in there. :)
Fetch
Show-off

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Fetch »

For some of the craziest online anime fanfiction:
Anime Addventure

Many xover pair-ups.
Most common one: Ranma Saotome and Hotaru Tomoe

Anime Addventure. Even the Exxcel Saga crew would think it's nutz. ^_^
Cyn
Getting the hang of this...

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Cyn »

I would love to be on it again, if you're interested in having me!
PawShapedHeart
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]I've never been in a panel before, but I know alot about the subject of fanfictions.[/color]

~FanFiction.Net Account~
Badge Name: PawShapedHeart

Cosplays For AB'14:
  • casual Natasha Romanov (Avengers)
  • Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji)
ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by ShadowWolf »

It's a good panel to have, and there's a lot of people who do fanfic.

It would be great if you cound find a few people who write to be on your panel.
PawShapedHeart
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by PawShapedHeart »

[color:red]I wont mind helping out with the panel, I'll just need some stats on exactly what you will be talking about inside the topic of fanfictions and what I should know about being in panels. ^^;[/color]
Badge Name: PawShapedHeart

Cosplays For AB'14:
  • casual Natasha Romanov (Avengers)
  • Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Dejana Talis]I'm going to apply to run a general fanfiction panel again next year, so once again I'm looking for volunteers to be on the panel. Post or message me if you're interested (and please include some details about your experience with the subject). :cool:

The turnout last year was sadly small but I think the panel itself went very well, so I'm planning to use a similar format as the 2007 panel. Hopefully with a clearer title and a catchier summary we can get some more people in there. :)[/quote]

You might want to ask Wendy (Songbird21). She's got TONS of experience in fanfic writing, and has quite a large fanfollowing, as well as a radio-play based on her work.
I know she doesn't check the forum often, the next time I see her on AIM I'll alert her to this thread.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Songbird21
Expert Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Songbird21 »

KoinuSephiroth
Veteran Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by KoinuSephiroth »

I meant to go to that panel, but I couldn't fit it into my schedule, unfortunately. So, what exactly is the basic layout of the panel?

Oh, and I wouldn't mind being on the panel if you need more people. (my fanfiction.net account)(I don't update this as much as I should, so I only have one real fanfic going on it...*sweat*)
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Phantom 1 »

I spearheaded a fanfiction panel a few years ago, and I'd be willing to play second fiddle this year. In other words, I'm in if you'll have me. I too have a ff.net panel.
Fearix

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Fearix »

I doubt you'll get this in time, but I am interested in assisting you with the fanfiction panel if you are still looking for volunteers. I'm an avid fanfiction writer who is really picky about what is written and what is read. I could probably write a comedy skit on the DO'S and DON'TS of fanfiction. PM me or AIM me at FearixAWolfgang if you're still looking for interested volunteers!
Dejana Talis
Expert Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Dejana Talis »

Hi folks :) Wow, so many responses this year!

I'm sorry I've been silent for a while, but for a bit it was up in the air whether or not I'd be making it to Boston after all, and I didn't want to keep planning until I knew if I would be there. But now I'm back. :cool:

Cyn, I'd definitely like to have you back on if you're still interested. We need that slash representation! :thumbup:

I still need to find out if a crossover writer I know will be coming, if she is I'd like to have her on the panel as well, which would leave me with one open spot. I don't like to go any higher than four panelists. I'm not going to make any decisions right now, but I'll look at all your profiles and see what we've got. I aim for diversity with this panel, so I'll be trying to get people who represent as many different areas of the fanfic world as possible. :)

EDIT: Yeah, shouldn't trust my memory for names -_-;;
Fearix

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Fearix »

If it helps, the general fanfiction I write is either yaoi or deep psychological plotlines. I try to write fanfiction as it's still part of the original storyline from which it came. I don't like to deviate from the storyline and create timeloops that never existed or "What if this happened and this is how it would go." No. I simply like to write additional chapters to a series, filling plotholes I feel they missed. :D
tmchiba
Veteran Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by tmchiba »

Hey hey, I'm more than happy to help with the panel again this year. :thumbup: It was fun last year, we just need more people in the room!! ^_^

darkjewel

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by darkjewel »

Hi there! Just wanted to see how this was going. I'd love for there to be a fanfic panel again, and I don't want this to die away. I learned a lot last year. Do you need any more assistance, or are you all set?
Dejana Talis
Expert Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Dejana Talis »

Gah, it seems I haven't been getting my email notifications from the forum lately. Maybe my spam filter's acting up. *grumble*

Obviously the deadline's looming, so I'm going to get my panelists nailed down and submit my request this weekend sometime if all goes well.
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Phantom 1 »

If you need any help, don't be afraid to call on me.
Dejana Talis
Expert Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Dejana Talis »

Thank you everyone who offered to help with the panel. I had an unexpected addition, so that filled up my spots. I'll keep all of you in mind in case someone cancels.
Dejana Talis
Expert Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Dejana Talis »

FYI, the fanfic panel was accepted! It's tentatively scheduled for Friday, I hope to see you all there! :content:
Dejana Talis
Expert Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Dejana Talis »

Hiya, folks :)

The con is fast approaching! Are there any particular topics you guys would like to see discussed at the fanfic panel?
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Phantom 1 »

If you ask me, I think Friday is the perfect day for fanfic panel.

As for questions I want asked, oh I have a few.

1. How do you respond to flames?
2. A lot of fansubbers and fandubbers are being sued, are fanficers next?
3. What's the best way to work crossovers?
4. Are there some scenarios that not even fanfic authors are daring to go (and believe me, there are some scenarios I would avoid like the plague).
5. Is there a difference between Original Characters and Self-Inserts?
6. Is Echowarrior gay?
7. How far do you think hentai authors are willing to go for their work?

I'm sure there're more but it's almost 2 in the morning here and I'm tuckered.
Dejana Talis
Expert Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Dejana Talis »

Hey folks :)

Don't forget about the fanfic panel, it's Friday at 7. :cool:
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Fanfic Panel 2008

Post by Phantom 1 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's up against both the Formal Ball AND Anime Unscripted. How did I get to be so unlucky? :(