Interest in a Seder Saturday Night?

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
hg revolution
Veteran Poster

Interest in a Seder Saturday Night?

Post by hg revolution »

Following my Otaku Passover panel on Saturday night (specific time TBA), those who are interested can gather together for a brief informal seder, usually held in one of the lounges. Would anyone be interested in doing that this year and if so, would anyone volunteer to provide any sort of food item (matzoh, horseradish, haroset, wine/grape juice, hard-boiled eggs and vegetables would be our necessities, though other kosher-for-Passover treats are appreciated)? I'll definitely be bringing matzoh and haroset and can provide the other necessities if nobody else volunteers.
Tick
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Interest in a Seder Saturday Night?

Post by Tick »

This is a really cool idea. I'd definitely love to attend though I'll be going to the convention with a friend whom may or may not be interested. It will depend on our schedule, but I toss you my interest for sure!
hg revolution
Veteran Poster

Post by hg revolution »

My panel is now scheduled for Saturday at 5 PM in room 203. Gather together at the end of the panel if you want to do the seder.
Keldeo

Post by Keldeo »

Assuming this doesn't conflict with the photoshoot I'm assisting with (I don't think it will) I'll come! I have a lot of cosplay stuff filling my bags but I'll see if I can bring a bottle of grape juice! There is a Trader Joe's across the street from the convention center and another supermarket within walking distance if any food needs to be purchased at the last minute.
AB 2019 cosplay lineup:

Friday : Luminary (Dragon Quest XI)
Saturday : Arvis (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)
Sunday : Red (Pokemon)
hg revolution
Veteran Poster

Post by hg revolution »

Keldeo wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:11 pm Assuming this doesn't conflict with the photoshoot I'm assisting with (I don't think it will) I'll come! I have a lot of cosplay stuff filling my bags but I'll see if I can bring a bottle of grape juice! There is a Trader Joe's across the street from the convention center and another supermarket within walking distance if any food needs to be purchased at the last minute.
Awesome! If you can confirm if this works, let me know by the Friday on the con.
NaraHale
Experienced Poster

Post by NaraHale »

I might come! I'm not certain, exactly, because I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but if I do come I can run to the Trader Joe's across the street to grab something to share
--------------------------------------------------------
Anime Boston 2022 Tentative Lineup
Fem!Joe (sk8 the infinity) - Friday
Lady Love Dies (Paradise Killer) - Saturday
Sango (InuYasha) - Sunday
Backups:
Sonia (Pokémon)
Nobara Kugisaki (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Bakubabe (My Hero Academia Original Costume)
Tick

Post by Tick »

Kudos on the panel! I did manage to attend (I was the Haunter in the back), and can attest that at least the Pokemon Haunter is in fact Jewish. :lol: Unfortunately we did leave before the Seder, but it looked like a nice little group gathering around.