General Questions or Panel Help 2019

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Crest144
AB Staff

General Questions or Panel Help 2019

Post by Crest144 »

Hello Anime Boston Attendees, Presenters, Staff, and Friends,
My name is Nayan Naidoo and I will work as that Assistant Panel Manager for Anime Boston 2019. I was in this position last year and was in training. I handled many of the behind the scenes operations last year and this year I will be handling moderation of the forums as well. Feel free to contact me regarding the following:

Inquiries about Panel Applications for Anime Boston 2019
Anime Boston 2019 Panel Selection
Anime Boston 2019 Panel Schedules
General Inquiry about Anime Boston 2019 Scheduled Events
General Inquiry about Anime Boston 2019 Programming

I will do my very best to address all questions within the guidelines of the Anime Boston 2019 Mission Statement and rules. You Can contact us here on the forums or via the panels@ email.

I am looking forward to another exciting year with all of you.

Sincerely Yours,
Nayan J. Naidoo
Assistant Panels Manager Anime Boston 2019
Nayan J. Naidoo
Assistant Panels Manager Anime Boston 2019
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Re: General Questions or Panel Help 2019

Post by H. Guderian »

Seems like an okay place to place it. Of my 4 panels I only received an email confirming where one was. So it took until today's schedule posting to find out what days my other panels were on. The one email I got said they were automated emails, so I dunno if it was a glitch that might've affected others. Sure enough the rest of the panels got into the schedule, so we're good there.
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

Thank you for telling us! We had an issue with the emails this year and we had to find a quick solution to get emails out to everyone. Then when sending out the times, the timezone was stuck in GMT time when send.

It's a point to fix next year for sure with getting the emails to send correctly. :)
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator
thorgorath
AB Alumni

Post by thorgorath »

Hi there! I'm running a panel in the Sheraton Public Garden room Saturday eve, and I wanted to use a hotspot for wifi there. I know that it says for Hynes it will should work but just wanted to triple check the Sheraton would be functional as well. TY!
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Post by H. Guderian »

It seems a Panelist is listed for overlapping panels in Tankery 101 and Naval Combat in Anime. I don't know if it is a name misprint, or if it may arise to be a scheduling problem. He tends to be pretty good, but two at once might be beyond anyone. Even he can't win a war with panels on two fronts.
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

thorgorath wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:55 pm Hi there! I'm running a panel in the Sheraton Public Garden room Saturday eve, and I wanted to use a hotspot for wifi there. I know that it says for Hynes it will should work but just wanted to triple check the Sheraton would be functional as well. TY!
Best bet is to download everything you need. I would not rely on the Wifi of the hotel or the Hynes to do a panel. :)
H. Guderian wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:37 am It seems a Panelist is listed for overlapping panels in Tankery 101 and Naval Combat in Anime. I don't know if it is a name misprint, or if it may arise to be a scheduling problem. He tends to be pretty good, but two at once might be beyond anyone. Even he can't win a war with panels on two fronts.
He has emailed and I have sorted it out. :)
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator