Panel Suggestion, Panel Topics for Anime Boston 2019

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Crest144
AB Staff

Panel Suggestion, Panel Topics for Anime Boston 2019

Post by Crest144 »

Hello everyone,

Programming would like panel topics or suggestions that panelists could present a panel on. If you have a suggestion please post it here! :) I have copied last years topics of suggestions.

Japanese Commercial Panel
The history and evolution of Japanese commercials.

Japanese sports in comparing to American sports
The difference and similarities of sports between the United States of America and Japan.

How Fukushima affected Japan’s culture

The recovery and rehabilitation development of Japan after the Fukushima Nuclear Incident.

Dating in Japan
The culture and social habits of dating in Japan.

Japanese Economy and the influences it has on America
A breakdown on how Japan influences the American market from manga book and/or anime to major international financial/business transactions.

All about Japan’s trains
The development and evolution of subways, commuter rail, and regional rail systems in Japan.

How could they eat that? Japanese food culture
An exploration into native and international japanese foods. Panels can showcase the cultural, innovative, and eccentric dishes of Japan.

Japanese Festivals
Looking into the various matsuri/festivals of Japan and how they integrate the cultural, social, and religious traditions of Japanese natives.

Japanese fashion in formal situations
Japanese garments that you would wear at various formal gatherings such as but not limited to weddings, dance, funerals, job interviews, temple, and more.

Anime Internationally (How anime is viewed around the world)
Focusing on the various ways anime is interpreted across the 7 continents and how it has impacted international culture outside of japan. Ex. Nintendo, Pokemon, Hello Kitty, and more

Japanese Mascots
A look into the various mascots of Japanese Companies, Anime Studios, and even local prefectures. Ex. Tama the Trainmaster, Hello Kitty, Domo-Kun, Chibi characters.

The art of the Samurai
How samurai culture came into existence and the the cultural impact it had on Japan and the world. Ex. The Seven Samurai, Samurai Champloo, Samurai Jack, Oda Nobunaga, etc.

The art of the Ninja
The practice of ninjitsu in the past and how it has progressed to modern day. How ninjitsu has influenced anime culture including major hit series like Naruto, Ninja Scroll, and more
Nayan J. Naidoo
Assistant Panels Manager Anime Boston 2019
kazesenken
Experienced Poster

Re: Panel Suggestion, Panel Topics for Anime Boston 2019

Post by kazesenken »

How about: The way of Gokudo - The Underground Yakuza world
A panel detailing the influence of Yakuza in Japan and how it is portrayed in anime/video games.

I thought about doing this since the Yakuza games had been getting popular. And it would interesting how they are portrayed in anime like Hinamatsuri, Nisekoi, Gokusen, etc., but sadly I don't have the time to develop a panel for this.
Crest144
AB Staff

Post by Crest144 »

That is a pretty interesting idea thank you.
Nayan J. Naidoo
Assistant Panels Manager Anime Boston 2019
soulshipping
Expert Poster

Post by soulshipping »

I have an panel idea that I would love to present someday, but unfortunately I have a fear of speaking in front of large crowds, so here it is: Alchemy in Anime.

Said panel would talk about different anime that use alchemy as a means of magic or science, as well as their applications. Bonus points if Fullmetal Alchemist is not used as an example.
Ezra - Your resident non-binary con-goer! She/they pronouns.
BreadCosplay
Expert Poster

Post by BreadCosplay »

Honestly I'd love to see a JOJO's Bizarre Adventure panel this year since we have so many VAs from the series!
>>>our carrd/socials<<<

MAJIMA'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Goro Majima (Yakuza Kiwami)
BREAD'S AB 2024 LINEUP
Sakura Minamoto (Zombieland SAGA)
Dramaticrabbit
AB Staff

Post by Dramaticrabbit »

One that may not get a good crowd... disability in anime
Hannah Tsukroff
AB Staff 2022- Event Photographer