My laptop just broke so my Panel plans are scrapped :(

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

My laptop just broke so my Panel plans are scrapped :(

Post by Aurabolt »

I planned to make my return as a panelist at AB2019 but it seems my laptop had other ideas. It broke this morning and I have neither the money or means to either get it fixed or get a new one anytime soon. Part of the hinge cracked earlier this year and when I discovered it, I knew it would only be a matter of time before things got critical. I consider myself lucky I hadn't signed up to do any panels as of yet or I would've been devastated.

I did a number of panels from 2012 to 2017 on things from Clannad to Persona to Phoenix Wright. I will be at AB 2019 and am now volunteering my services as a co-panelist. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
kazesenken
Experienced Poster

Re: My laptop just broke so my Panel plans are scrapped :(

Post by kazesenken »

Is there a specific topic that you wanted to do a panel on this year? I submitted to do a game show, but I already have most of my stuff done for it. If you are in need of a computer to display, I would be able to help work together on it if I'm familiar with the topic.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I just sent you a private message. Saw it earlier but I was going out the door at the time.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Re: My laptop just broke so my Panel plans are scrapped

Post by tehscribbles »

TimothyOwero wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:30 am Update

Just got contacted with a new email where they re-sent the email, which says my panel got waitlisted.

Maybe the automated system is bugged?
Hi there,

No panel emails have been sent out yet, as panel applications are still open.
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

I deleted some posts from that account, since its second post was just complete nonsense in another thread. This one making no sense, either, was enough to ban the account.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!