Universal Famicom: No Translation Required

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Rick
Expert Poster

Universal Famicom: No Translation Required

Post by Rick »

I am VERY EXCITED to say that I'm going to be hosting a panel on one of my favorite topics...NES games! At my fifth Anime Boston!

While we're all fans of Japanese things, not all of us are well-versed in the Japanese language. Now, you can find some great new games to play that don't require you to know any Japanese at all from start to finish! I've rounded up a nice variety of Famicom games of all kinds of different genres; Platformers, puzzles...even an action RPG! I can't wait to introduce you to some interesting games!

I'm a lifelong NES game collector and admin of TCRF.net, and in my own personal life, it's not often that I get to talk about games to a willing audience. I did this back at Another Anime Convention 2016 and had a blast doing it! I hope you show up and find at least one new game you like!

Depending on the turnout here, I may do more panels like this in the future. We'll see what happens! I hope to see you there!

If you have questions, feel free to ask! But know my game list is going to be a guarded secret until the panel starts, so I won't be answering any questions on that regard. ;)
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
Thisisausername
Expert Poster

Re: Universal Famicom: No Translation Required

Post by Thisisausername »

I'll definitely attend. I love NES games.

Hope you included the likes of Getsu Fuma Den on that list!
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

Awesome! I'll look forward to having you there! :D

Granted there are a LOT of good games I can put on there, so the games in my panel aren't an exhaustive list. If this goes good, I'll work on a sequel!
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

For those of you who stopped by, thanks a ton for doing so!

I look forward to setting up more panel topics in the future! And perhaps a sequel to this panel! :3

I hope it was alright and informative! It's my first time doing a panel in YEARS. :X