Japanese Pro Wrestling 2016: NJPW vs. DG!

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Xias
Veteran Poster

Japanese Pro Wrestling 2016: NJPW vs. DG!

Post by Xias »

Confirmed for Anime Boston 2016 is the third straight year of bringing you the Japanese Pro Wrestling panel! This year we will focus in on the two largest promotions in Japan, and two of the largest non-WWE promotions in the world: New Japan Pro Wrestling and Dragon Gate! We'll cover some of the general differences between Japanese wrestling (or puroresu if you prefer the term) and what you might be used to from American wrestling, then we'll also discuss some of the major differences in style and tone between NJPW & DG as well! We'll introduce you to some of the wrestlers involved in two awesome matches, both of which we'll play long clips of:

-NJPW: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada, IWGP Heavyweight Title, 1/4/16 Tokyo Dome

-DG: VerserK vs. Dia.Hearts vs. Monster Express, 3-way 12-man elimination match, Losing Unit Must Disband, 2/4/16 Korakuen Hall (Tokyo)

Both of these matches, besides being very recent, were also absolutely fantastic, so you'll get a feeling for what the very best of Japanese wrestling looks like (in two very different styles)! In my opinion, it's by far the greatest wrestling in the world today, and I think you'll likely agree!

We're in Panel Room 206, Saturday at 6:00 pm, so I hope you'll come check us out. Here's our entry on the web schedule: http://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule_panel/1876. Thanks and see you at the con!
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX