"I Wanna Be that Anime!" Panel

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
kazesenken
Experienced Poster

"I Wanna Be that Anime!" Panel

Post by kazesenken »

Hi All, I wanted to let you know about the "I Wanna Be that Anime" panel that I'm organizing that is currently Waitlisted.

This is meant to be a competitive, fun panel where audience members get to mimic the anime clips that they see on the screen. There'll be special attack shouting, magical girl transformation twirling, pop idol dancing, memorable scenes, and all-around random craziness in store for all of you, should this panel be accepted.

And best of all, I have prizes!....which I hope I don't have to hold onto until next year...

Let me know what you think and if you have any favorite clips that you want to see performed!
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Re: "I Wanna Be that Anime!" Panel

Post by Anna-neko »

kazesenken wrote: Let me know what you think and if you have any favorite clips that you want to see performed!
ok, this is kinda an anti-request, but pleeeease don't play the Haruhi dance clip. Let that meme rest in peace!

but for cute clips to play - some Pretty Cure, SailorMoon (the live action show had a cute dance special!), IdolMaster & LoveLive of course
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

That sounds like an amazing panel. In terms of scenes...

Can you do the scene in Episode 5 (I believe) of Attack on Titan, the part where Eren "dies" and Armin does his scream? I feel like that would be really funny.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
kazesenken
Experienced Poster

Post by kazesenken »

Will definitely look into some of these series for some good scenes.

At this point I have quite a few clips, which I'll have the participants draw randomly from a bag. Not to mention that I have both easy and hard clips, in which difficulty = better prizes.

Have a few clips from the mainstream, popular series, but have many more from less popular series that I think could stir up some interest for people to go watch them.
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

That sounds really cool. I look forward to it.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

This is one of the most refreshing ideas for a panel i've heard of in a long time.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
kazesenken
Experienced Poster

Post by kazesenken »

Well, schedule's out and it looks like this didn't make the cut. Not sure why it wasn't considered, but guess the prizes will have to go to a different convention...

Sorry, to those of you who were looking forward to it.

I'll still plan to bring my stuff, in case they are looking to fill in a last min cancellation.
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

I'm sorry your panel didn't make it in. But definitely bring stuff in case and maybe apply next year or to another con!
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul