Pokemon 20 Years Later 2.0

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Pokemon 20 Years Later 2.0

Post by Aurabolt »

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I am honored to tell you come Anime Boston 2016, history will come full circle. It was 20 years ago that Pokemon took the world by storm. This will not be a mere celebration of the history of the Pokemon Games. This will be epic event--wait, didn't we do this last year?

Yes, we did! However due to technical difficulties beyond my control, I ended up cutting 45 minutes from the panel Q.Q

This year, the plan is to make it up to those who attended last year. For those who didn't and wanted to go last year, here's your chance! I'm pulling out all the stops to make it THE most MUST SEE Panel at Anime Boston 2016. It will be PHENOMINAL!

Here's a handful of what you can expect:

* eShop Vouchers with which to buy the original Pokemon Red, Yellow and Blue from the Nintendo 3DS eShop (WOOT!).
* Two episodes of Pokemon Origins will be played during the panel.
* Music from the Franchise's 20-year history.
* Battle and Trade with other congoers during the panel throughout the panel on your 3DS/2DS/3DSXL, New 3DS XL or DS/DSi/DSiXL Console(s)!
* A singalong to the classic Pokemon Theme Song from the Anime
* A look at the epic Super Bowl 50 Commercial commemorating Pokemon's 20th Anniversary.

I am very serious when I say bring your 3DS (or New 3DS): I am working on getting my hands on some extra vouchers for the monthly Pokemon giveaway Nintendo is doing. As of right now, I have an extra Mew voucher =O

Before I forget, here are my 3DS Friend Codes. I have two 3DS systems so two codes:

Aurabolt (Blue Ambassador 3DS): 1762-2675-7277

Brendan2k6 (Red 3DS): 2294-4851-3683

I play Y and OmegaRuby on my Blue 3DS and X and AlphaSapphire on my Red 3DS. I also have Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon Dream Radar and Poke Bank on both consoles. Oh and I now have Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon XD

I look forward to seeing you guys there!
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
hoshiokashi
I'm new!

Re: Pokemon 20 Years Later 2.0

Post by hoshiokashi »

I might show up to your panel in my Gengar cosplay!!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

That would be awesome =O

I am trying to get the word out to folks to come cosplaying as their favorite Pokemon ^_^

...I'm hoping to facilitate a live-action Pokemon Battle XD
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

Do you know what day and time the panel is yet? I´d be interested in going.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I haven't been informed yet but since it is the only one one my 4 panel submissions that haven't been waitlisted OR Rejected, I know it's been slotted. My other 3 panels have been waitlisted by the way.

That said, I assume it will be Saturday Night like it was last year. Given the guest list so far, boy do I have my work cut out for me if it is Saturday night =O
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

PokeSteve
Getting the hang of this...

Post by PokeSteve »

I'll be cosplaying as Reshiram, but I may have to remove some of it to fit into a seat in the room. When will you know for sure that it will be Saturday? I'm going with my family and my daughter doesn't want to go all three days, but I don't want her to miss out on this.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I am working on getting that info as we speak. I actually haven't heard ANYTHING about the panel but the fact that it wasn't rejected OR waitlisted is why I am so sure it made the cut. It's a two-hour panel like last year. If it's Saturday, it will be at night. If it's Sunday, it will be in the morning since my Clannad Panel is Sunday afternoon.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Ok so the full schedule has been released and this panel is not on it.

I contacted the Programming Director on Monday via email and I was informed the panel was rejected because I was going to play a full episode during the panel. Rather than be bummed out about being denied a shot at making up last year, I'm not giving up--it helps I have two other returning panels that made the cut =D

Emailed her about it but I plan to speak to the director of programming at preregistration next Thursday and request this panel be put down to fill in for a no-show or last-minute cancel (with the necessary changes for the panel to be greenlit). I even offered to do the panel in 90 or 60 minutes. I've done it before and I figure if I let her know in person, she has someone she knows on site who can jump in and perform on a moment's notice. It's what I do.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Ok so I made a deal with The Director of Panels and Programming that will put this panel back on the Waitlist. It sounds like a long shot but given she already knows with certainty I will be there, that makes the chances of this panel happening next weekend a real possability.

...I am doing two other panels the same weekend so...yeah.

IF this panel is added to the schedule before next Thursday, I will pass the word along here.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog