Panel : Cosplay Life Drawing! - Models Needed!

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Honeysan
Getting the hang of this...

Panel : Cosplay Life Drawing! - Models Needed!

Post by Honeysan »

Greeting Mortals, I am Honeysan! Actually, that's my Deviantart penname ( honeysan.deviantart.com + honey-san.tumblr.com) , you can also call me JV.
I have submitted a request for a panel called " Cosplay Life Drawing" ! If its accepted I will be in need of some cosplay models.

If you are interested in volunteering your time, costume and body to an all ages art class, please respond to this post! I will only need a few models, and would like different individuals per day. ( Friday - Group A and Saturday - Group B )

Requirements:
Any ages, body types and genders are welcome to model.
Must be able to pose, stand, and sit still for 6 minutes or more. ( nothing longer than 10 minutes. )
Ability to take direction, work well with others, and work with minimal supervision.
Hygienic

Some information regarding the Panel:
It’s Cosplay Life Drawing! Bring along your sketchbook, and have a blast with some quick sketching of live costumed models! Not a formal art class, but you will learn about gestures and how to make quick timed sketches. Be as silly, or detailed with your drawings as you like! All Mediums allowed, if you don’t have a sketchbook, we’ll supply paper and pens/pencils! Beginner, intermediate to expert artist welcome!

My assistants and I will be offering tips and techniques on traditional sketching. It will be timed because we will be using some amateur models, and its very strenuous to pose without moving for a lengthy amount of time. Ideally, I would like to have at least 3 models posing at one time, that way, you will not be limited to drawing one model from different angles.

All mediums will be welcome: If you are a digital artist bring your tools! Love colored pencils, crayons, markers? Bring them as well! Please be very careful with the use of paints and charcoal if you choose to bring them. ( you will be responsible for any spills or damages. )

Any questions please send me a message or respond to this post!!

Thank you!!!
Last edited by Honeysan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honeysan <3<3
SnapChat: obeyjennaho - Oh-Jenny
Instagram: Jenny_Vice
Picarto: picarto.tv/Honey
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Panel : Cosplay Life Drawing!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Hi there. I might be interested in posing for you. I will have four cosplays with me so there's definitely some selection. I'll have Clear and Aoba from DRAMAtical Murder, Erika Karisawa from Durarara!! and Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing. Clear will have an umbrella and Duo will have a scythe.

Potential problems are I also submitted for a panel and I have also applied for Cosplay Death Match so if it's during those times, I won't be available.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Honeysan

Re: Panel : Cosplay Life Drawing!

Post by Honeysan »

Wow! Thank you very much, GinjaNinja . That would be super! I Have requested a time frame of 45 minutes each day ( Friday and Saturday Only) . The times would be either 2,3,4 or 8, 9, 10pm. It depends on the need, I suppose.

If you could come both days in a different cosplay, that would be fantastic! The costume choice is all yours!
Honeysan <3<3
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Panel : Cosplay Life Drawing! - Models Needed!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I will definitely do this so long as it doesn't conflict with my panel or events I'm (possibly) in.
Unfortunately, I can't guarantee I can be there both days, but hopefully I can make one. I'll keep you posted. This sounds fun.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

I'd appreciate any time you can give to me! It will definitely be fun! :D
Honeysan <3<3
bulletdancer
Experienced Poster

Post by bulletdancer »

Hello, this sounds like it could be a rather fun and interesting experience. I'd be happy to pose in either my Victorious Morgana crossplay from league of legends (might not be the best choice if space could be an issue), or Syaoran Li from card captor sakura in his battle attire.

I am potentially in the craftsmanship portion of the masquerade, so application depending, I may be unable to volunteer during the judging block and the masquerade.

I am still very much learning how to pose in costume but i can make certain to have reference pictures to help with inspiration on that front if you'd like me there.

AB 2009 - Hercule: Dragonball Z
AB 2010 - Waka: Okami
AB 2012 - FoMar: Phantasy Star Online
AB 2013 - Twilight Suzuka: Outlaw Star
AB 2015 - Princess Eiricka, Bride version: Fire Emblem Awakening
AB 2016 - Syaoran Li: Card Captor Sakura and Victorious Morgana: League of Legends
AB 2017 - Light Speed Suzuka: Angelic Layer
AB 2018 - Cid Raines - FFXII
AB 2019 - Cordelia Randgriz - Valkyria Chronicles
AB 2022 - Medicine Seller - Mononoke
AB 2023 - Somnacanth Armor - MH Rise
Magicalmaximoff

Post by Magicalmaximoff »

If you are still in need of models I would be happy to help! Would you prefer strictly anime cosplays or will any work? I will have both an Avatar Korra cosplay on Friday and Scarlet Witch from Marvel Comics on Saturday! Good luck with your panel regardless! It sounds really great!
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

So my panel got accepted so depending on my schedule, I should be able to pose for you for one or both of the days

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
fairlyghoulish

Post by fairlyghoulish »

If there's any chance you still need more models, I'd be happy to do it. My lineup is pretty tentative, and I don't have any cosplays set for certain days. I could easily do whichever cosplay from my lineup you think is best whenever. My schedule is also flexible for all days.
AB2017
Friday: Snow Halation Eli Ayase (AM) Mary Saotome (PM)
Saturday: Kira Kira Sensation Maki Nishikino (AM) DDLC Yuri (PM) TBD (PPM)
Sunday: Momo Yaoyorozu
Daniellexoxo
Experienced Poster

Post by Daniellexoxo »

Hey :) i just saw this and i would totally be willing to help :) my line up so far is chun li for friday (most likely in the after noon when i get there), and fem kaneki for saturday (with kagune) :)
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

Magicalmaximoff wrote:If you are still in need of models I would be happy to help! Would you prefer strictly anime cosplays or will any work? I will have both an Avatar Korra cosplay on Friday and Scarlet Witch from Marvel Comics on Saturday! Good luck with your panel regardless! It sounds really great!

Hello there, any costume/character would be most welcome!!
The panel has been approved, but the times are not listed yet. I will let everyone know the times, but for now, you are on my list!

Thank you!!
Honeysan <3<3
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

GinjaNinja wrote:So my panel got accepted so depending on my schedule, I should be able to pose for you for one or both of the days

Yes, Mine was accepted as well, but no news on the times. Hopefully we will be able to work together! Fingers crossed!
Honeysan <3<3
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

jessackermanxx wrote:If there's any chance you still need more models, I'd be happy to do it. My lineup is pretty tentative, and I don't have any cosplays set for certain days. I could easily do whichever cosplay from my lineup you think is best whenever. My schedule is also flexible for all days.
Perfection! I would still like to have a few more cosplayers! I dont have the days and times yet, but the panel has been accepted! Keep your schedule opened, and I will let you know when to stop by!
Honeysan <3<3
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

Daniellexoxo wrote:Hey :) i just saw this and i would totally be willing to help :) my line up so far is chun li for friday (most likely in the after noon when i get there), and fem kaneki for saturday (with kagune) :)
Wonderful! I would like to have you join! I dont have the times, but the panel is approved! I will add you, and inform you of the times.

THank you!!
Honeysan <3<3
Daniellexoxo
Experienced Poster

Post by Daniellexoxo »

Honeysan wrote:
Daniellexoxo wrote:Hey :) i just saw this and i would totally be willing to help :) my line up so far is chun li for friday (most likely in the after noon when i get there), and fem kaneki for saturday (with kagune) :)
Wonderful! I would like to have you join! I dont have the times, but the panel is approved! I will add you, and inform you of the times.

THank you!!
Cool :)

Turns out i can be at the hotel from thursfay till sunday so any time is prob fine...ill check with photoshoots first thou
Friday i can go as either Chun Li or Kirito from GGO
And Saturday i can go as Kaneki Ken with kagune and/or hinata hyuga from naruto :)
bulletdancer
Experienced Poster

Post by bulletdancer »

Hello,

Not sure if you saw my earlier comment or not so I don't know if I made it onto your list of interested cosplayers, so just wanted to drop a second reply that I'd be happy to help out as a model depending on when the panel was, either victorious Morgana from League of Legends or Syaoran Li from Cardcaptor Sakura.

AB 2009 - Hercule: Dragonball Z
AB 2010 - Waka: Okami
AB 2012 - FoMar: Phantasy Star Online
AB 2013 - Twilight Suzuka: Outlaw Star
AB 2015 - Princess Eiricka, Bride version: Fire Emblem Awakening
AB 2016 - Syaoran Li: Card Captor Sakura and Victorious Morgana: League of Legends
AB 2017 - Light Speed Suzuka: Angelic Layer
AB 2018 - Cid Raines - FFXII
AB 2019 - Cordelia Randgriz - Valkyria Chronicles
AB 2022 - Medicine Seller - Mononoke
AB 2023 - Somnacanth Armor - MH Rise
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

darthighwind wrote:Hello,

Not sure if you saw my earlier comment or not so I don't know if I made it onto your list of interested cosplayers, so just wanted to drop a second reply that I'd be happy to help out as a model depending on when the panel was, either victorious Morgana from League of Legends or Syaoran Li from Cardcaptor Sakura.

I'm sorry! I did see your post, but I guess I forgot to submit a reply!

Yes, I would love for you to attend, I'll let you know the times and days!

Thank you!
Honeysan <3<3
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

Hi! This sounds like a super interesting panel, and if you're still looking for models, I'd definitely be interested! If need be, I can send pictures of my cosplays (the specific ones are listed in my signature). However, I have applied to many of the cosplay games, and there may be conflicts if I get into any.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Is it too late to sign up as model?

My outfits during con are gonna be fluffy maid dress, fluffy lolita dressand a school uniform (or, if it's really warm, a dress vaguely resembling 50s housewife who strapped a microwave to her arm)

I'm signing up for ALL the cosplay things this year, so really hoping it all makes and awesome and not overlapping schedule ^^;
Last edited by Anna-neko on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
fairlyghoulish

Post by fairlyghoulish »

Just wondering if you have any updates about times? I believe they posted the schedule, but I'm not sure if I'm still needed or not. If so, I probably won't be able to get to the con until about 5 or 6 on Friday due to a horse show in the morning. Just letting you know in case of any conflicts :)
AB2017
Friday: Snow Halation Eli Ayase (AM) Mary Saotome (PM)
Saturday: Kira Kira Sensation Maki Nishikino (AM) DDLC Yuri (PM) TBD (PPM)
Sunday: Momo Yaoyorozu
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

The schedule says it will be "Fri, 03/25/2016 at 8:30 PM in Hynes-Panel 208" and running for 45 minutes.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

Good morning everyone! I hope you are ready to enjoy the Con this weekend! I am already in town, and getting ready for some fun!

Here is the skinny on the event!!

The Time is Friday, 3-25 from 8 to 9 pm! In room Hynes Panel 208 I will try to have water as refreshments for my models, but please bring some sort of drink. I want to make sure you stay well hydrated. If you still want to commit to this time, please email me at jennifervicente@gmail.com or comment below! Also be at the panels room by 7:50pm ( 10 minutes before start) so I may have a prep meeting with everyone! I hope to hear from you soon.

Now remember, you dont have to model all night, just in small timed increments, so that you can rest.

Models can participate by drawing as well if they would like to.

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask.
Honeysan <3<3
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

Mina Finn wrote:Hi! This sounds like a super interesting panel, and if you're still looking for models, I'd definitely be interested! If need be, I can send pictures of my cosplays (the specific ones are listed in my signature). However, I have applied to many of the cosplay games, and there may be conflicts if I get into any.
Please come and model for me! You may wear the costume you want on Friday ! The choice is yours! Please post below if you can come. Be at the panel room 10 minutes early for a meet and greet!
Honeysan <3<3
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Totally emailing you now ^____^ man, this con is shaping up a busy-busy of AWESOME this year :D

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Magicalmaximoff

Post by Magicalmaximoff »

Hello! I am in as well! I will be wearing Korra at that time (hopefully maybe with bending props). Very excited!
Anime Boston 2016 Schedule
Friday Morning: Kotori Minami//Love Live!
Friday: Korra//The Legend of Korra
Saturday: Scarlet Witch//Marvel Comics
Saturday night (maybe): Kotori Minami//Love Live!
Sunday: Tsukimi Kurashita//Kuragehime
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

Yes please!!
Honeysan <3<3
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

Any and all models are allowed to join me! Please meet outside of room208 at 8-830 before the panel start for a quick meeting!!

I can't wait!!
Honeysan <3<3
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

Honeysan wrote:
Mina Finn wrote:Hi! This sounds like a super interesting panel, and if you're still looking for models, I'd definitely be interested! If need be, I can send pictures of my cosplays (the specific ones are listed in my signature). However, I have applied to many of the cosplay games, and there may be conflicts if I get into any.
Please come and model for me! You may wear the costume you want on Friday ! The choice is yours! Please post below if you can come. Be at the panel room 10 minutes early for a meet and greet!
Oh, I'm sorry I never showed up! I would have loved to but I didn't check the forums the morning of the convention </3
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
Honeysan

Post by Honeysan »

Its okay! We were still able to put on an incredible show! Id like to thank all the models and the audience! I really had a great time, and I am sure everyone did as well!!

Thanks for the best help , I couldnt have asked for more!!
Honeysan <3<3
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

That was an awesome panel!

I recall the Bulma cosplayer walking around at one point snapping some photos, will u put up any one them?