This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Post by Mirotic »

Hey guys! This is one of the hosts of KPoppin' It: Anime Style.
We would love to hear what you think went well and what you think we could improve.
If you'd like contact information, feel free to message me here.

But first, the panelist feedback:
I want to thank you guys again for coming and being an amazing group.
Everyone was awesome, so respectful and sweet, we appreciate it!

Thanks again!
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
Cerebral_Boar
AB Alumni

Re: Feedback: KPoppin' It: Anime Style

Post by Cerebral_Boar »

Sorry for my glacial response time. I was the Tech during your presentation. I loved how much the attendees enjoyed your panel. The room was a full house from start to finish! You did great!!
Michael St. Pierre
Anime Boston
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Senior Technical Staff 2018-2019

General Tech Staff 2020-present

"Ain't it funny how it is?
You never miss it 'til it's gone away
And my heart is lying there
And will be 'til my dying day"
Wasted Years by Iron Maiden
NikoP
I'm new!

Post by NikoP »

First time going to AB, loved it. Wish you guys got a bigger room/longer time.
I hope you guys come back next year. I'll definitely be more prepared!
zambixi
I'm new!

Post by zambixi »

Ya'll definitely need a bigger room next year; it was packed! Overall the panel seemed like a lot of fun, especially for people who came out to celebrate K-pop and talk about their favorite groups and members.

As someone who could be called - at best - a causal K-pop fan, the panel did not quite fit what I'd expected. It seemed like generally, the panel was geared towards those who were already deep into K-pop culture. I'm not sure I'd say that this was a bad thing, since the best parts of the panel were instances where the audience was enthusiastically participating, but it's something to keep in mind.

I was sitting in the front, and it seemed like the games section got away from you a little bit. There were a few instances where the groups around me were annoyed by the way the games were conducted, and at least one other time where it seemed like the tickets were being rationed. Unless there was something else going on (e.g. you needed the tickets for a later panel), there really isn't a big reason not to give out a bunch of tickets if you're doing a raffle. Ultimately, you guys recovered well and the panel ended on an awesome note, but there were a few moments where it was more tense than it needed to be.
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Post by Mirotic »

NikoP wrote:First time going to AB, loved it. Wish you guys got a bigger room/longer time.
I hope you guys come back next year. I'll definitely be more prepared!
Thanks for coming and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!
zambixi wrote: As someone who could be called - at best - a causal K-pop fan, the panel did not quite fit what I'd expected. It seemed like generally, the panel was geared towards those who were already deep into K-pop culture. I'm not sure I'd say that this was a bad thing, since the best parts of the panel were instances where the audience was enthusiastically participating, but it's something to keep in mind.
Sorry about that! We could possibly hold an "Introduction to KPop" panel, but typically our audience mainly consists of longtime kpop fans and we need to spend time talking about KPop in Japan/Anime (to meet AB's guidelines).
zambixi wrote:I was sitting in the front, and it seemed like the games section got away from you a little bit. There were a few instances where the groups around me were annoyed by the way the games were conducted, and at least one other time where it seemed like the tickets were being rationed. Unless there was something else going on (e.g. you needed the tickets for a later panel), there really isn't a big reason not to give out a bunch of tickets if you're doing a raffle. Ultimately, you guys recovered well and the panel ended on an awesome note, but there were a few moments where it was more tense than it needed to be.
I will completely agree with you here, although it was more a time thing. We had to cut things out and such as we were running out of time.

As for the BTS song - which is the tense moment I assume you're talking about? That was my bad and I'll own up to it. I forgot the song has an official english title. I was initially looking for the Korean or a literal translation of the Korean title (흥 excitement/fun/hyped, 타다 to ride, 소년단 boy scouts). So I'm sorry to those who may have answered correctly!
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022