AB 2015 panel feedback

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

AB 2015 panel feedback

Post by DocWatson »

Last night (Friday) I attempted to attend the "A Beginner's Guide to Eff'd-Up Hentai", and (unsurprisingly, given the length of the line at 12:15 a.m. for the 12:30 a.m. panel) ended up being turned away at about 12:40 a.m., as "load in" had run into overtime and the room had reached capacity; there were still scores of people in front of me.

Two suggestions for next year: Given the popularity of late-night 18+ panels, might room clear and ID check be extended to 45 minutes before the panel, to ensure that there is enough time; and might they be scheduled for the third floor ballrooms or something of similar size, instead of ordinary-sized rooms such as 309? I know that this not always possible, but please do consider the possibility.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: AB 2015 panel feedback

Post by Aurabolt »

I would also reccommend attending Convention Feedback Sunday from 4:00PM to 5:00PM so you can tell the department heads in person.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

I'd love to, but we're planning to leave well before that. :( If it would help, I can repost this in the General Questions forum's (stickied) "The Constructive Criticism Thread".
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

More on the topic: The "Wicked Anime Presents: Hardcore Anime" panel (Saturday 7:30 p.m.; Hynes room 206) also filled up, leaving myself and possibly as many as a dozen others without seats. (Again, I arrived about fifteen minutes before the panel, so I accept at least partial responsibility for not being able to attend it.) "Load in" was, in this case, adequately staffed and efficient.

"FAKKU Presents: Hentai Worth Watching" ("Saturday"—actually Sunday 12:30 a.m.; Hynes Exhibit Hall D), on the other hand, was a breeze. The room was more than big enough for the very large crowd, the line moved quickly, and overall it was what I hope to see at other 18+ panels. I just wish that the panelists, who started exactly on time and did a good job, had brought enough material for the full hour and a half, instead of about hour or a little less.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

One thing I noticed last night with the Guidebook App. After a panel is done you can provide feedback for panels using the App. It's super handy and AB does use it when determining weather or not to bring back the panel or panelist the following year.

I am going to have to request panelists get a copy of that data as well. It would be very helpful especially if one is considering doing the panel again the following year.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
kogamikewl
I'm new!

Post by kogamikewl »

this is an odd thing to ask but do you have to pay to host a panel? im thinking of starting a panel for ab 2016 and i need to know if i have to pay and how much. if this is in the wrong sub section of the forum i am so sorry but i have no clue where to ask this.
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Post by Mirotic »

You don't need to pay anything, you just need to be at least 18.
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023 / 2024