'Bad Anime' Boston: 10.0 "The Show Must (Not) Go On"

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2019.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Malak the Mad
Experienced Poster

'Bad Anime' Boston: 10.0 "The Show Must (Not) Go On"

Post by Malak the Mad »

Greetings, Minna-san!

Brian "Bad Anime" Price here again! I just want to take a moment to thank everyone, attendees and staff alike, for another great Anime Boston. I speak at a number of conventions, but the "Collective All Y'all" make me feel like some kind of rock-star 8-) at this show and I love y'all for it!

This year marks my eleventh Anime Boston and my tenth doing panels and presentations, thus the extra distance I went to prep for this particular show. For those who couldn't attend or missed part of the show, here's what went down…
  • The unveiling of the "Bad Anime, Bad!! Season 18" showcase piece, "Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe In Santa". (Yes, I've been doing this presentation for almost as long as some of y'all have been alive! :ugeek:)
  • Tickets for two sets of door prizes handed out to the first 200+ attendees waiting in line to get in. 2nd Prize was a signed-by-me copy of "Protectors Of Universe" and 1st Prize was a signed-by-me copy of "Garzey's Wing" and an official "Garzey's Wing: Byston Well World Book" artbook. (That's right! Someone actually published a full-on artbook for that turkey! :shock:)
  • A special "Moments Of Zen" compilation, assembled AMV-style and set to Stan Bush's "The Touch".
  • The Grand Retrospective…highlights of everything I've used for "Bad Anime, Bad!!" over the past ten years at Boston.
I don't know what blew my mind more about the whole experience, that I was given four hours to perform or that I was actually rushing to finish before my time was up! I expected to be done in three to three-and-a-half hours, but by the time I'd gotten to the three-hour-mark, I could tell some clips were gonna have to be dropped. And yet, somehow, I managed to pull it off.

If you were at the show, I invite any and all to convey your thoughts, feelings, impressions, questions, suggestions for future presentations and other general feedback here. If you feel you've been psychologically scarred by what you witnessed, just remember…you went there of your own free will! :twisted:

INTERDUM FEROR CUPIDINE PARTIUM MAGNARUM EUROPAE VINLEDARUM
"Sometimes, I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe"
Malak the Mad
Experienced Poster

Re: 'Bad Anime' Boston: 10.0 "The Show Must (Not) Go On"

Post by Malak the Mad »

One other thing I should mention…

It has occurred to me that not a lot of attendees know I do more than one presentation at Anime Boston. While the number varies from year to year (I also work for a vendor down in the Dealer's Room), I usually get to run my "Totally Subversive 'Toons" presentation. Since that panel frequently drops on Friday night, I can't get the word out as effectively.

Last year, I got to run a third panel, "Anime Armaments & 'Toon Tactics", covering accurate depictions of military hardware, tactics and strategy in animation. I didn't have the time to run a third panel this year (re: Dealer's Room), but I hope I'll have the time to run it and/or other panels I've presented for other conventions.
INTERDUM FEROR CUPIDINE PARTIUM MAGNARUM EUROPAE VINLEDARUM
"Sometimes, I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe"
flingfirethorn
I'm new!

Re: 'Bad Anime' Boston: 10.0 "The Show Must (Not) Go On"

Post by flingfirethorn »

yeah, i agree :geek:blob opera