Shout-outs!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2019.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

RayneDeanZ
Expert Poster

Shout-outs!

Post by RayneDeanZ »

Shout out to David for Basically everything. Death Match was my first cosplay game ever and just speaking to you was really cool. You’re amazing and I wish you the best in your future!

Shout out to the Akko from Death Match for being so cool with suddenly having a teammate. You were great and people loved us!

Shout out to my opponents in the Chess Match! You were both super great and everyone was telling me how great our fights were.

Shout out to Pegasus! Having me be the first fight of Chess was great and really got me to jump head first into setting a tone and starting it with a bang!
Been coming since 2011

Anime Boston 2017:
Mastermind!Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)

Anime Boston 2018:
Shintaro Kisaragi (Kagerou Project)
Yasuke Matsuda (Dangan Ronpa)
Kiki (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

AB 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

AB 2022:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)

AB 2023:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)
raphael39
I'm new!

Re: Shout-outs!

Post by raphael39 »

Shout out to the person in the blue fur and LED coat I met in the Marriott elevator on Friday who gave me a heart pin!

Shout out to the Takko cosplayer who made the famous umbrastaff that Justin Mcelroy bought and also gave me a shrimp heaven now laser cut charm!

Would love to follow you both on FB/Insta. You can find me at Raphael_Cosplay.
-----
Thursday, Friday, Sunday: Red Blood Cell Senpai (Cells at Work)
Saturday: Lagombi (Monster Hunter)
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Post by coffeecake »

Shoutout to all my fellow competitors in death match (I was Mama Midoriya)!

Shoutout to all the Dekus I hugged as Mama Midoriya!

Shout out to all the BNHA cosplayers, especially those I managed to pass out a Plus Ultra star to!

Shoutout to all staff, volunteers, and security!

Shoutout to all the wonderful cosplayers who let me take their picture and the people who asked for mine!
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Shout-out to two cosplayers: the ladies dressed as Maetel from Galaxy Express 999 and as one of the "gem people" from Land of the Lustrous. Those outfits made my con! :)

Also to the guy with the sound device playing anime OP and ED music that 1) carefully kept the volume down to a respectable, un-obnoxious level and 2) had good taste in music.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
jupiter_bug
I'm new!

Post by jupiter_bug »

Shout to the people I chatted with while waiting in line to see Richard Epcar! You guys made wating in line fun, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time at the convention!
avalonknight
Getting the hang of this...

Post by avalonknight »

A shoutout to the amazing Milim cosplayer who stopped by The Tower of Slime at the Crunchyroll booth on Friday! She was amazing at embodying the spirit of the character. Not only that, she came back with a "waifu" hat thinking I'd get a kick out of it. I did, but pointed out "Isn't Milim best bestie though?" She responded, "Waifu is the ultimate bestie". I laughed and got a kick out of that statement. I think I was helping someone immediately after, but after that, she was already gone and unfortunately I didn't get a chance to tell her that was an awesome comeback and statement.
Piplup Plush cosplays
2008-2012: Team Fortress 2 Scout
2013-2014: Fourth Doctor
Fate/Grand Order plush puppets
2018: Jeanne d'Arc Alter and Oda Nobunaga
2019: Jeanne d'Arc Alter, Oda Nobunaga, and Okita Souji
papertoadette
AB Alumni

Post by papertoadette »

avalonknight wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 pm A shoutout to the amazing Milim cosplayer who stopped by The Tower of Slime at the Crunchyroll booth on Friday! She was amazing at embodying the spirit of the character. Not only that, she came back with a "waifu" hat thinking I'd get a kick out of it. I did, but pointed out "Isn't Milim best bestie though?" She responded, "Waifu is the ultimate bestie". I laughed and got a kick out of that statement. I think I was helping someone immediately after, but after that, she was already gone and unfortunately I didn't get a chance to tell her that was an awesome comeback and statement.
Hi!!! That was me!!! <3 Thank you so much. Reading this comment made my day!

Michelle Light
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Cosplay Games Staff 2018-2019 We Put the PLAY in Cosplay

Cosplays for 2019: Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Sakura from Card Captor Sakura, Toadette from Mario and ??? from ???
papertoadette
AB Alumni

Post by papertoadette »

I guess I should also post a shout-out.

My shout-out goes to every single cosplayer who were in the cosplay events. Seeing everyone shine on stage made me feel so happy to be a part of making that happen for others. <3

Michelle Light
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Cosplay Games Staff 2018-2019 We Put the PLAY in Cosplay

Cosplays for 2019: Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Sakura from Card Captor Sakura, Toadette from Mario and ??? from ???
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

Shout out to the person who flagged me and my fiance down when we were cosplaying as Tressa and Alfyn for a photo. I went to step out of the way as I usually do because people usually only ever ask for his picture. But this person looked so confused as to why I'd leave and said "No, you too!" It completely made my day and I really appreciated being included. <3
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

papertoadette wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:46 pm I guess I should also post a shout-out.

My shout-out goes to every single cosplayer who were in the cosplay events. Seeing everyone shine on stage made me feel so happy to be a part of making that happen for others. <3
Being in the cosplay events is always the highlight of my con! Shout out to you and all the other coordinators for making it happen for us every year!! <3
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Pastelise
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Pastelise »

Selestyl wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:11 am Shout out to the person who flagged me and my fiance down when we were cosplaying as Tressa and Alfyn for a photo. I went to step out of the way as I usually do because people usually only ever ask for his picture. But this person looked so confused as to why I'd leave and said "No, you too!" It completely made my day and I really appreciated being included. <3
I'm pretty sure that was me. You guys looked great, I was so happy to see Octopath Traveler cosplays at the con!

As for my shout out, shout out to everyone involved in the Idol Showcase! All the groups and the staff were friendly and the energy backstage was so positive. To the groups, you made my nerves disappear and made my duo's first live a positive experience!
ab15~ Marry Kozakura & Synchronicity Rin Kagamine
ab16~ Sylveon, Marry Kozakura & Synchronicity Rin Kagamine
ab17~ Marry Kozakura & Kotori Minami(Snow Halation)
ab18~ Kotori Minami (Snow Halation) & Hanamaru Kunikida (Omoi)
ab19~ Sylveon, Hanmaru Kunikida (Water Blue and Omoi)
ab22~ Strelitzia, Jester, Uraraka (gym uniform), Kotori (animal hoodie)
ab23~ Warrior of Light Songbird Attire (FFXIV), Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid), Aerith (FFVII)
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

Pastelise wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:13 am
I'm pretty sure that was me. You guys looked great, I was so happy to see Octopath Traveler cosplays at the con!
Ahhhh!! Thank you so much! If you get a chance I would love to see the picture! :)
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
stokage
Expert Poster

Post by stokage »

Shout-out to:

kitteninstrings

Who worked AB for the first time, and was even able to go at all despite her recovering from an illness, and also is the maker behind most of my cosplays!

S
AB 2012: S-Kogure Kiminobu (Slam Dunk)
AB 2013: F-Harima Kenji (School Rumble), S-Tuxedo Mask
AB 2014: F-Harima Kenji, S-Chinese Dragon, Tuxedo Mask
AB 2015: S-Jin (Samurai Champloo)
AB 2016: F-Jin, S-Yu Narukami
AB 2017: S-Jin
AB 2018: F-Tuxedo Mask, S-Yu Narukami, Su-Jin
AB 2019: F-Clark Kent, S-Tuxedo Mask, Su-Jin
AB 2020: Cancelled
AB 2021: Cancelled
AB 2022: AB Boycott due to shot requirement
AB 2023: Same as above
AB 2024: Maybe (IF shot requirement is rescinded)
Kurshinara
I'm new!

Post by Kurshinara »

Shout out to all the my hero academia people we met. You guys were so sweet, I've never waved and chatted with so many friendly people in my life.

And a special shout out to the bakugo and kirishima we (myself as hatsume and my brother as aizawa) met at the dance lessons Friday afternoon. You guys were so funny and so friendly.

And a very special shout out to The Crawler from my hero academia: Vigilantes. You were an awesome crawler, thanks for the picture :)
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

Shout-outs to the King Harkinian and Morshu (Zelda CD-I) cosplayers, fuggin' spot-on. It admittedly takes a LOT to get me to stop someone and take their photo, and you two just completely nailed it.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
mop
Veteran Poster

Post by mop »

I've already hollered on Twitter about it but I'll do it again:

Shout outs to the Dlanor A. Knox cosplayer I ran into on Saturday. Literally made my whole day ksdfgdf

Also shoutouts to all the Touhou cosplayers I ran into during the course of the con, and all your patience while I tried to run a quick gathering! Thanks for all who came, and I hope to see yall next year!!

Last but not least, super shoutouts to everyone in the chess and deathmatch! On behalf of our group it would be an understatement to say we had a fantastic time -- it was absolutely phenomenal and you're all to thank for that, so. Thanks again!!

Catch yall around!!
"one by one, we are together, we fall together."

✧·˚. 2019:
Eiki Shiki (Touhou Project)
Katsura Kotarou (Gintama)
White Mage (Final Fantasy)

✧·˚. 2018:
Juvia Lockser (Fairy Tail)
Komachi Onozuka (Touhou Project)
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 »

I want to give a special shout out to my Friends both old and new in the East Coast Metal Gear Cosplay Union.

I can not thank you all enough for coming.
Running this amazing group for 10 years and you are all the reason I come to Anime Boston.
I will keep this group running forever.
Thank you all for being a part of this family.
East Coast Metal Gear Cosplay Union Forever!

Link to the group and pictures from this weekend: https://www.facebook.com/groups/614018392088890/

Thank you all for a fantastic year.

Onwards to Anime Boston 2020!
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
Penti
Experienced Poster

Post by Penti »

Shoutouts to:

- The person I saw cosplaying as Adeleine, from Kirby 64. She was always one of my favorite characters from the Kirby series, and not one I see cosplayed very often, so kudos.

- Red Bard. Running into her in the halls on Friday honestly made my day, as a fan of both her YouTube channel and of the Bootleg Panel.

- The person at the swap meet that gave me their old Haruhi Suzumiya gachapon figurines. I love this series, so having more figurines in my collection is a plus.

- Everyone I traded with at the swap meet. I came home with a lot of cool things, including things I never knew existed prior to then.
Attended AB: 2017, 2019, 2022-present
stokage
Expert Poster

Post by stokage »

JosephW wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:11 am Shout-outs to the King Harkinian and Morshu (Zelda CD-I) cosplayers, fuggin' spot-on. It admittedly takes a LOT to get me to stop someone and take their photo, and you two just completely nailed it.
I'd like to know if anybody has a pic of those two you mentioned.

S
AB 2012: S-Kogure Kiminobu (Slam Dunk)
AB 2013: F-Harima Kenji (School Rumble), S-Tuxedo Mask
AB 2014: F-Harima Kenji, S-Chinese Dragon, Tuxedo Mask
AB 2015: S-Jin (Samurai Champloo)
AB 2016: F-Jin, S-Yu Narukami
AB 2017: S-Jin
AB 2018: F-Tuxedo Mask, S-Yu Narukami, Su-Jin
AB 2019: F-Clark Kent, S-Tuxedo Mask, Su-Jin
AB 2020: Cancelled
AB 2021: Cancelled
AB 2022: AB Boycott due to shot requirement
AB 2023: Same as above
AB 2024: Maybe (IF shot requirement is rescinded)
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

stokage wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:38 pm
JosephW wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:11 am Shout-outs to the King Harkinian and Morshu (Zelda CD-I) cosplayers, fuggin' spot-on. It admittedly takes a LOT to get me to stop someone and take their photo, and you two just completely nailed it.
I'd like to know if anybody has a pic of those two you mentioned.

S
Coincidentally enough, I do.

https://i.imgur.com/QjKaAXb.jpg
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)